Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Sims

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
983 replies to this topic

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,356 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,040 rep

i get way too stressed out with that, i'm always using static needs & motherlode, otherwise i just get fed up & quit. i love CAS & building up their social lives more than anything, too impatient for the rest of it

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,096 rep

The thing is loading screens aren't what they used to be. I mean, when I first got sims 3 three years I had nothing to do during the loading screens, but things are different now. I usually just check twitter or instagram on my phone during the 30 second loading screens.

ifmemoryserves

ifmemoryserves
  • 24,193 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2006
  • 1,770 rep

i get way too stressed out with that, i'm always using static needs & motherlode, otherwise i just get fed up & quit. i love CAS & building up their social lives more than anything, too impatient for the rest of it

i usually feel that way but i was starting to get really bored so i figured i'd try it with no cheats. definitely not boring anymore lol

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • i am groot

• 26,735 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,261 rep

This is what I love about playing with big families and no cheats! It's a complete chaos, I just love it  :lol:

With the sims 2 I sent them to university and I literally couldn't get them to do well without using cheats at least once in a while. Bodes well for real life lmao

• Kayfabe likes this

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,489 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,915 rep

With the sims 2 I sent them to university and I literally couldn't get them to do well without using cheats at least once in a while. Bodes well for real life lmao

Yeah hahah it's practically impossible for them to have a life and still get the best marks, so I just made them study all the time, sleep and eat, for the most part.

I always get bored when using cheats, so I stopped using them a while ago. Only used motherlode when I wanted to build huge houses from time to time.

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,348 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,747 rep

I only used motherlode cheat on sims 2 :lol: But I got fed up with the sims doing normal stuff like peeing, eating in TS2. Before they left for work they needed to sleep eat and pee. When they got home from work they pee eat and slept. :lol: In sims 3 I locked all this. I wanted my sim(s) to do more stuff. Advance in skills, going to nightclubs. 

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 214 rep

http://simsvip.com/2...win-the-sims-4/

• Tubbie Head and Kayfabe like this

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,365 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,881 rep

Before they left for work they needed to sleep eat and pee. When they got home from work they pee eat and slept. :lol:

so fuckin annoying, right?? :lol: much like real life...

• Tubbie Head and Stacie Anne like this

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,375 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,096 rep

I think good gameplay is when you're playing with cheats half the time. It's good to reward yourself with motherlode sometimes and build a nice house or turn need decay off, but it's definitely not the way to play all the time, because that feeling of earning 50,000 simoleons and building a rad house is so much cooler when you type in motherlode tbh

• Doctor of Pepper likes this

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,091 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,065 rep
I actually really like starting with a really shit house and then as they earn money you can evolve the house and before you know it you've gone from a one bedroom house, a bathroom just about big enough to fit a shower, and an all in one kitchen/dining room/living room to three stories and more rooms than you know what to do with :P
(for this reason the next generation of the family tends to continue living in that house because it's tailor made for them)
  • Tubbie Head, She is Amanda, Lady Darkling and 1 other like this

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,186 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,472 rep

the only cheat I ever use is familyfunds. It's better than motherlode because you can choose how much money you want. So I just give myself 500,000 simoleons and then get a really nice house at the start.

There's something up with my game and it crashes whenever I try to move house. So because I can't move houses halfway through the game I spend some time at the beginning making my first house really flashy. Though I'm not very good at building houses so sometimes I just buy the nicest one I can find.

• Doctor of Pepper likes this

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,348 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,747 rep

so fuckin annoying, right?? :lol: much like real life...

haha yeah and then their social meter go down and one is like 'WTF I can't help that it's you that are boring' :lol:

I think good gameplay is when you're playing with cheats half the time. It's good to reward yourself with motherlode sometimes and build a nice house or turn need decay off, but it's definitely not the way to play all the time, because that feeling of earning 50,000 simoleons and building a rad house is so much cooler when you type in motherlode tbh

the only cheat I ever use is familyfunds. It's better than motherlode because you can choose how much money you want. So I just give myself 500,000 simoleons and then get a really nice house at the start.

I use motherlode so I can buy/build what ever I want :lol:  Familyfunds, I remember that one now when you speaks of it :)

I wish I get my game this week. I want to make Mystique from X-men :lol:

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• 3,375 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,096 rep

I never use motherlode. I always use kaching. It feels less guilty because it only adds 1000 simoleons at a time which is a lot less cheater-ish in my opinion :lol:

• Tubbie Head, Kayfabe, WhatserKinx and 1 other like this

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 12,356 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,040 rep

familyfunds is a thing oh my god i never heard of it thank you so much

• Tubbie Head, Lady Darkling and Doctor of Pepper like this

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,348 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,747 rep

The store won't have the game until Wednesday/Thursday. Oh well never mind, I have to work for two days now so it's okay anyway :P

So how's it going for you guys? How much mischief have you been doing in your games? ;)

Advertising

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 214 rep

The store won't have the game until Wednesday/Thursday. Oh well never mind, I have to work for two days now so it's okay anyway :P

So how's it going for you guys? How much mischief have you been doing in your games? ;)

When you say mischief I think of the mischief skill. I really like that. And the Voodoo Doll. The Voodoo Doll is the best. I freaking love it.

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,348 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,747 rep

When you say mischief I think of the mischief skill. I really like that. And the Voodoo Doll. The Voodoo Doll is the best. I freaking love it.

They have that in the Sims 4 or what? :lol:

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 214 rep

They have that in the Sims 4 or what?  :lol:

Yeah they have that. It's awesome. :lol:

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,365 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,881 rep

Yeah they have that. It's awesome. :lol:

To unlock the skill do you have to type "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

• Tubbie Head likes this

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 214 rep

To unlock the skill do you have to type "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

Unfortunately no. I wish they'd done that, that would have been brill.

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 214 rep

http://simscommunity...imited-edition/

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,348 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,747 rep

OMG I got the game today. I feel a bit rusty :lol: Why doesn't the lock static work? I type in in 'testingcheatsenabled true' then right click on the mail box but nothing happens. I need this cheat. :lol:

Edit: Is it just 'testingcheats true' now? :lol:

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 214 rep

OMG I got the game today. I feel a bit rusty :lol: Why doesn't the lock static work? I type in in 'testingcheatsenabled true' then right click on the mail box but nothing happens. I need this cheat. :lol:

Edit: Is it just 'testingcheats true' now? :lol:

You write 'Testingcheats on' then shift click on your sim. You get the 'cheat need' option. That leads you to three options, 'make happy', 'disable need decay' and 'enable need decay'.

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,138 rep

Is there a cheat for making their skill level go up? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users