Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image  New "F**K Cancer" shirt. 100% of profits are going to breast cancer charity. Check them out.

Photo

The Sims

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
898 replies to this topic

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,273 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,445 rep

Do you guys want me to pm the link?

Nah, mine's an issue with my laptop, not origin. Thanks though

Hannah!

Hannah!
  • i'm the night sky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,159 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 7,968 rep

really not even interested in ts4 without toddlers or create a style and with loading screens and all that :P plus i don't want to wait ages for basic expansions like pets and seasons to come out, plus custom content and mods so...i'm just gonna stick with 3 for now. i finally got it working and then it started snowing and now it crashes every time i try to load the family i've been playing. why can't these stupid games just run halfway decently ugh

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,285 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,548 rep

Here's the thread on the sims 4 that I read, it should link to page three, where one of the first few posts on the page outlines all the stuff being left out. 

http://www.boards.ie...57219128&page=3

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,460 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,889 rep

Here's the thread on the sims 4 that I read, it should link to page three, where one of the first few posts on the page outlines all the stuff being left out. 

Well this totally sucks  :(

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,037 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,017 rep

What the shit.

There's so much on here that kinda makes me not want to buy it. I didn't think I would lose out too much because I don't play TS3 but there's stuff on there that even TS2 players will miss. Like, no toddlers, aliens, basically all the services are gone, no newspapers, no dishwashers, no attraction (which I love about TS2 because it makes building up romantic actions much quicker).

Also, what kind of careers will there be?? 

I wish they had just taken longer to create the game - involving more of the standard stuff - than doing a half assed job and giving us this shite.

• kaylubd and Doctor of Pepper like this

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• 17,942 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,573 rep

Well Sims 4 looks like it's going to suck. No story progression, loading screens, no toddlers and can only interact with babies in high chair/crib? Fucking sucky. 

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 203 rep

Why don't you guys watch some gameplay videos? There's been a shitload of those since and reviews since creator's camp. Those were what made me decide if I want the game or not.

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 431 rep

Why don't you guys watch some gameplay videos? There's been a shitload of those since and reviews since creator's camp. Those were what made me decide if I want the game or not.

They just keep talking about CAS, the new build tool and emotions which don't seem to do much at all. 

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,285 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,548 rep

There aren't really any proper "gameplay" videos though, are there? Wont be til the game comes out. I've only seen stuff about creating a sim, which, to be honest, I'm not that into, I tend to play with the pre made sims! 

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 431 rep

There aren't really any proper "gameplay" videos though, are there? Wont be til the game comes out. I've only seen stuff about creating a sim, which, to be honest, I'm not that into, I tend to play with the pre made sims! 

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,285 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,548 rep
Well there's me told :P

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 203 rep

There's a lot of proper videos, by people at creator's camp. 'Cause they let people play for 6 hours and have 10 minutes of gameplay footage. English Simmer has a video she posted with 20 minutes of gameplay footage. Most of them are in live mode.

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 12,052 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,865 rep
even though it sounds like a homemade abortion of a game, I'm still gunna buy it. just for collection purposes tbh. probably play it as minimally as I do TS3.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 13,824 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,313 rep

I wish they had just taken longer to create the game - involving more of the standard stuff - than doing a half assed job and giving us this shite.

this

I get most of the things they cut are either 'cause they ran out of time or they're trying to make a game that doesn't crash as much as Sims 3 does. But really, with all the things they've cut out of the game I don't think many people would've minded waiting longer for it.

Looks like I'm just gonna be sticking with Sims 3

• kaylubd likes this

Todd

Todd

• 12,273 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,445 rep
Certainly they can add dish washers and shit in expansion packs??? I know they can't fix toddlers, but that doesn't bother me cause I don't like kids anyways :P

Advertising

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 12,052 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,865 rep

download the CAS demo now, it's downloading fine, and pretty fast.. at 96% within 10 minutes or so?

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,037 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,017 rep

download the CAS demo now, it's downloading fine, and pretty fast.. at 96% within 10 minutes or so?

:mad:

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 12,052 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,865 rep

:mad:

installed & played smooth as fook, shame it's boring as. :ermm: it runs so much better than TS3, from the small demo we have, but i still think it's gunna be shite. 

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,037 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,017 rep

installed & played smooth as fook, shame it's boring as. :ermm: it runs so much better than TS3, from the small demo we have, but i still think it's gunna be shite. 

I'm so conflicted, I've been looking forward to TS4 for ages but it seems like it's going to be rubbish :(

So when it comes out even though I've been really excited about it I don't want to waste money on it just to return to TS2 again... Or maybe I should move up to TS3... I don't know what to do D:

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_

• 8,285 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,548 rep
I'm sticking to sims 2 anyway, I'm perfectly happy with the ultimate collection :D maybe if it looks good I'll buy it when it goes down in price. I won't be able to afford it when it comes out anyway so I'm not too fussed.
  • Doctor of Pepper likes this

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 12,052 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,865 rep

i've still not finished collecting TS3 so 4 will be a while away for me anyway. bastards with all their expansions. :mad:

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,037 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,017 rep

I'm sticking to sims 2 anyway, I'm perfectly happy with the ultimate collection :D maybe if it looks good I'll buy it when it goes down in price. I won't be able to afford it when it comes out anyway so I'm not too fussed.

Maybe I'll just continue collecting second hand TS2 EPs then :lol:

And see how reviews go for TS4 (and decide what I want to do when I can actually afford it :P )

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 203 rep

Awww... look at you lot worrying about money. Sims is illegal here, we can't buy it. Has been since Sims 3 came out. :P

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 12,052 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,865 rep

Awww... look at you lot worrying about money. Sims is illegal here, we can't buy it. Has been since Sims 3 came out. :P

but.. why? :blink:

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 203 rep

but.. why? :blink:

Because the government people are assholes that's why.

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 203 rep

http://simscommunity...fferent-sims-3/

• Tubbie Head and WhatserKinx like this

Todd

Todd

• 12,273 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,445 rep
I got Sims 3 last night for ny 360. I was really disappointed that it's only 1-player, unlike Sims 2 which I used to play with my friend. The camera is weird, and moving your sim isn't as easy as pushing the joystick thing. There are too many menus, it's just too complicated for me. I couldn't find Sims 2 at that mall, next week I will go to the other mall that has a bigger Gamecraze and ser if I can find sims 2 there. Then I will return Sims 3 probably.
  • Tubbie Head likes this

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,058 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,042 rep

To celebrate the 10 years since the release of the Sims 2, EA is giving the game away on their origin game service. 

http://www.gamespot....g/1100-6421269/

of in short just open origin and go to redeem a product code. The code is I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

Argh, why didn't I look in this thread in July! That would've kept me occupied for ages! :runaround:

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Shultz/Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,440 rep

My gf looked up the list of everything not included in Sims 4 and she's considering just waiting to get it. Honestly, I won't be sad if she won't get it. I'd rather stick with Sims 3 instead of an improved graphics version of Sims 1. It looks like it's going to be the Sim City disaster all over again with this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users