Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Sims

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
795 replies to this topic

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 2,721 rep
I might ask for TS4 for Christmas, or ask my parents to split the cost with me...

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • The Better Half

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 960 rep

we must rip off loads here 'cause brand new copies of GTAV were like $100 :lol:

but then most games and movies and things are more expensive in Australia than the US anyway. I didn't think it was that bad though

Maybe it's just because of the value of the dollar? Because for example, (I'm looking at my copy of the hunger games) a book could cost $8.99 here, but on the label it says it's $10.99 in Canada. And the only reason for that is because the dollar in Canada is worth less than a dollar in the U.S.

How much do you pay for an unused, brand new expansion pack? 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • okily dokily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,414 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 3,565 rep

Maybe it's just because of the value of the dollar? Because for example, (I'm looking at my copy of the hunger games) a book could cost $8.99 here, but on the label it says it's $10.99 in Canada. And the only reason for that is because the dollar in Canada is worth less than a dollar in the U.S.

How much do you pay for an unused, brand new expansion pack? 

I'm pretty sure Aus and US dollars are almost the same though.

the expansion packs are all different. The game website's telling me University is $49 new, but Pets is $29 and Supernatural's $39. Then all the "stuff" packs are $19

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • The Better Half

• 3,173 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 960 rep

I'm pretty sure Aus and US dollars are almost the same though.

the expansion packs are all different. The game website's telling me University is $49 new, but Pets is $29 and Supernatural's $39. Then all the "stuff" packs are $19

Maybe it has to do with EA being international, and maybe the company that makes the more expensive games are US based. Or maybe your game store likes to rip people off. All the expansions here are $40, and then the stuff packs are $19

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • okily dokily

• 12,414 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 3,565 rep

I've always tried to make my sims look somewhat human-like and kinda pretty. But I'm gonna start a new game and just turn everyone into weird blue alien people or something, it's gonna be so great.

Maybe it has to do with EA being international, and maybe the company that makes the more expensive games are US based. Or maybe your game store likes to rip people off. All the expansions here are $40, and then the stuff packs are $19

yeah, it probably just has something to do with GTA's company raising prices for international stores. It's the same with a lot of things over here, it sucks. But I guess Australian companies like that 'cause it pushes people to buy their cheaper products

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • The Better Half

• 3,173 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 960 rep

I can't wait for sims 4. It'll be so much easier to make simselfs that are so much more accurate, like body shape wise.

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 7,743 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,305 rep

Sims (3) wont start up on my laptop :( And the last time I was playing it randomly stopped working.. Hopefully it's just a matter of re-installing it. But I'll lose my family who I'm currently playing :( :lol:

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 305 rep

The reason for games being more expensive in Australia, has been a largely talked about matter for year. We pretty much pay double what the US pays. The used to tell us that our dollar and shipping costs were the reason. However the disks we buy are made in Australia, so we only need one disk sent here or even the data sent over the internet to do this, therefore ruling out shipping. Then they used our dollar value. However when our dollar went higher the then value of a US dollar the price of games stayed the same. They are now blaming high wages. All in all they are charging these prices because they can get away with it, as people are willing to pay. 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • okily dokily

• 12,414 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 3,565 rep

oh man, I made a new game and started playing, and 10 minutes in it froze. I had to shut it down without saving =/

I downloaded this cc thing the other day. It's called Dexter the Bear, I think? It's one of the stuffed teddy bears but called Dexter. You put it in a sim's inventory and when you click on another Sim they have the option to stab them to death, beat them with a hammer, or shoot them? Might be something else instead of shooting.

It's cool, I've always wanted to make a serial killer Sim who eventually gets caught. I used to have a dungeon that I let sims starve to death in but that just ain't the same

The reason for games being more expensive in Australia, has been a largely talked about matter for year. We pretty much pay double what the US pays. The used to tell us that our dollar and shipping costs were the reason. However the disks we buy are made in Australia, so we only need one disk sent here or even the data sent over the internet to do this, therefore ruling out shipping. Then they used our dollar value. However when our dollar went higher the then value of a US dollar the price of games stayed the same. They are now blaming high wages. All in all they are charging these prices because they can get away with it, as people are willing to pay. 

it's the same with food isn't it? like not even just food from America, all food in Australian supermarkets is supposedly double what you'd pay for the same in America. And their reasoning for that was higher wages too.

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 305 rep

it's the same with food isn't it? like not even just food from America, all food in Australian supermarkets is supposedly double what you'd pay for the same in America. And their reasoning for that was higher wages too.

Sorta it depends on what it is. Some items go up in price due to supply and demand. A lot of items we pay a lot more for but then there are a lot that we pay a lot less for. Overall we pay more but shop have learnt what we are willing to pay. Hence our prices being higher. Though a lot of them are not smart, as a lot of people are buying from overseas due to pricing, so the stores start to lose money. They then try to combat the losses by raising the prices, causing even more people to leave, this has lead to a few companies folding. 
An example of how we get ripped off and that high wages are just an excuse. Online content, Apple Microsoft and Adobe have all be attacked for being major offenders of this. The worst case I have heard if is with an Adobe program. If you want to buy this program it is cheaper for you to fly to the US buy a physical copy of the program and then fly home, then to buy a digital copy of the program in Australia. 

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,212 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,730 rep

This is funny!  :lol:

Bgb2tdtCAAAactS.jpg

Castiel.

Castiel.
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Joined Oct 25, 2010
  • 182 rep

Decided to make a test and see if my laptop is really capable of running Sims 3, and this is the result:

9958_10151869611206891_1208371410_n.jpg

My laptop is fully capable of running Sims 3, yet it won't work. It worked from December 2012 to August 2013 and now it crashes before the game even starts. I am playing the original game, not all the expansion packs and shit.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • okily dokily

• 12,414 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 3,565 rep

the game store is selling pre-orders of these two big Sims 4 packages. One has the base game and like 2 expansions? and the other has the base game plus a couple expansions and stuff packs.

But I wish they'd let people pre-order the base game on its own, just so I can find out the price and see if I'll be able to buy it new. I'll probably end up just waiting for a secondhand one

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 305 rep

https://ebgames.com....ited-Edition-PC  - $90

http://www.jbhifionl...-edition/684306  - $89

This is just the base game, the limited edition is just because its a pre-order (most games have a limited edition for pre-orders). If you don't have either of those stores near you, your local store should be able to get the limited edition. 

Its a good thing our games are starting to go down in price, its rare we pay $100 a game now, well for PC anyway. Also the price may drop soon after release. I have seen Big W selling big games a week after release for around $60. 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • okily dokily

• 12,414 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 3,565 rep

https://ebgames.com....ited-Edition-PC  - $90

http://www.jbhifionl...-edition/684306  - $89

This is just the base game, the limited edition is just because its a pre-order (most games have a limited edition for pre-orders). If you don't have either of those stores near you, your local store should be able to get the limited edition. 

Its a good thing our games are starting to go down in price, its rare we pay $100 a game now, well for PC anyway. Also the price may drop soon after release. I have seen Big W selling big games a week after release for around $60. 

oh wow thanks, I didn't see that instore

still, $90 is a bit much for one game. I'll just wait until the secondhand ones start being sold

Advertising

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 7,424 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 2,721 rep
What the shit.

So, I'm playing TS2 and one of my Sims and her fiance are getting all romantic and she want to give him a backrub. So I click the action and she sTANDS INFRONT OF HIM AND HER ARMS STRETCH ABOUT 3 TIMES THEIR LENGTH BACKWARDS AND JUST KINDA FLAP ABOUT STROKING HIS FACE :mellow:

I'm fucking scared :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users