Welcome to Green Day Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

plaid ducky

"American Idiot" Musical Tour

2,469 posts in this topic

I haven't been following the news on this. Do you guys know if the musical will still be in the UK this year in september?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Tubbie Head said:

I haven't been following the news on this. Do you guys know if the musical will still be in the UK this year in september?

It's in the UK now. I'm off to the Sunderland empire showing on the 28th of may and the tour ends in June or July one of the two

Ok so it's running from July to September 25th at the west end. Hope this helps 

Edited by ElmoGreenDay
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ElmoGreenDay said:

This will be at the Arts Theatre, where it was last year.  I thought that the venue, while not being the nicest theatre, really suited the mood of the show.  I took my dad there for his birthday and he loved it.  Amelia Lillie and Newton Faulkner are playing female and male leads respectively.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, ElmoGreenDay said:

It's in the UK now. I'm off to the Sunderland empire showing on the 28th of may and the tour ends in June or July one of the two

That's awesome! Thanks :D

54 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

This will be at the Arts Theatre, where it was last year.  I thought that the venue, while not being the nicest theatre, really suited the mood of the show.  I took my dad there for his birthday and he loved it.  Amelia Lillie and Newton Faulkner are playing female and male leads respectively.

I saw the musical there last August, it was my first time seeing a musical actually, it was brilliant, and the cast was so good! 

The announced American Idiot will officially come to Milan as well in January 2017, the tickets are already on sale and I can't wait to see it! Hopefully by the time I actually decide if I can go the price won't have gone up too much. 

1 person likes this

Has anyone from outside of the UK bought tickets online? How does it work? I tried to pay with mastercard but it wasn't accepted... Help. Does it have something to do with the currency? 

^ Forget that. I was being dumb! 

YAY Got tickets! :D I hope I won't be disappointed I thought they were so expensive... I used to want to go see this so badly but then the hype died down because I had made peace with not seeing it. But now I'm seeing it, I feel bad but honestly it is my sister who has been pushing me and really wants to see it now, I wanted to go to different west end show with bigger production but hey, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

45 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

^ Forget that. I was being dumb! 

YAY Got tickets! :D I hope I won't be disappointed I thought they were so expensive... I used to want to go see this so badly but then the hype died down because I had made peace with not seeing it. But now I'm seeing it, I feel bad but honestly it is my sister who has been pushing me and really wants to see it now, I wanted to go to different west end show with bigger production but hey, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

What date are you going to see them? :) glad you got tickets now, already wanted to reply on how you can get tickets but now you have one :)

Just now, Mary Daze said:

What date are you going to see them? :) glad you got tickets now, already wanted to reply on how you can get tickets but now you have one :)

On September 10th. I was trying to buy them with a Mb net card that had less money than they cost because I wasn't counting on the conversion of £ to € when creating the card xD

10 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

On September 10th. I was trying to buy them with a Mb net card that had less money than they cost because I wasn't counting on the conversion of £ to € when creating the card xD

Haha don't worry, my mom had a similar problem when she bought our tickets, her visa card limit was too low because she had already paid a lot with it that month. We're going to see the show on august 5 :) 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

Haha don't worry, my mom had a similar problem when she bought our tickets, her visa card limit was too low because she had already paid a lot with it that month. We're going to see the show on august 5 :) 

Cool! For the first time as well? 

3 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

Cool! For the first time as well? 

No I've already seen it in Birmingham on May 14 - I'm honest now..... I cried like a baby when I saw it, haha! During the show already a few tears came up especially during Holiday because they did that amazing!!!!!! And at the end when they came out again (which I didn't expect because I thought they'd only do that on Brodway) and played Good Riddance.... I couldn't help but cry and cry and oh god that was awfully embarrassing, haha, some of the actors/singers looked at me and gave me that "awww" look, haha. It was a dream come true for me. One of the most beautiful days of my life!

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

No I've already seen it in Birmingham on May 14 - I'm honest now..... I cried like a baby when I saw it, haha! During the show already a few tears came up especially during Holiday because they did that amazing!!!!!! And at the end when they came out again (which I didn't expect because I thought they'd only do that on Brodway) and played Good Riddance.... I couldn't help but cry and cry and oh god that was awfully embarrassing, haha, some of the actors/singers looked at me and gave me that "awww" look, haha. It was a dream come true for me. One of the most beautiful days of my life!

AWWW that is so great to hear! I think I'm gonna end up the same way, I cry very easily! 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

AWWW that is so great to hear! I think I'm gonna end up the same way, I cry very easily! 

You'll love it, haha, me too! :P

An American Idiot for the Black Lives Matter era

A media-saturated everytown is the setting for Green Day’s American Idiot. The 2010 Broadway rock opera returns to Pittsburgh for four performances by Alumni Theater Company (ATC), a troupe that celebrates the experiences and contributions of young urban artists. The new production broadens themes like the effect of media to include the realities of black teenagers today.

http://m.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh/an-american-idiot-for-the-black-lives-matter-era/Content?oid=1939652

1 person likes this