"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

Who sang on stage???

that was like, 6 years ago.

i need a new thrill!!

• Like 1

that was like, 6 years ago.

i need a new thrill!!

HA, not sure how much of a thrill it would be to come to Torrington CT to see the American Idiot tour, but come if you want to join me. I've got 3 girls that babysit.

• Like 1

HA, not sure how much of a thrill it would be to come to Torrington CT to see the American Idiot tour, but come if you want to join me. I've got 3 girls that babysit.

i wish :(

• Like 1

STAGE TUBE EXCLUSIVE: Matt Magnusson and Briana Cuoco Perform 'Give Me Novacaine' from glory|struck's Immersive AMERICAN IDIOT

Green Day Songs Performed on Stage by Local Theater Academy

Green Day’s American Idiot, produced by Broadway Starz and Heyday Productions, brings the hit musical American Idiot to Broadway Starz Theater, 42092 Winchester Road, in Temecula Valley on June 11-21. Tickets are on sale now at Heyday.com for a limited time as a 2-for-1 sale at $25.

http://www.valleybusinessjournal.com/index.php/arts-entertainment/item/3589-green-day-songs-performed-on-stage-by-local-theater-academy

City Theater Company takes 'American Idiot' off Broadway and into Wilmington

videos of of the performances from the American Idiot LA production

I saw American Idiot on Friday night at a local community theater. They were very proud to say that they were the first community theater in CT to get the rights to American Idiot. It was really good, I would say the best community theater production I've ever seen. The only problem was the role of Johnny was horribly miscast. He had a decent singing voice, but he was very large and horribly out of shape. The show is so high energy he could not catch his breath to say his lines or sing the next song. The guy that played Will should have been the lead, he was in good shape and had the best voice. The girl that played Whatsername and the guy that played St. Jimmy were excellent. The best of the cast.

But, the most amazing thing happened. HEre is a quote from hubby: "I really like that song Holiday, can you teach me to play it" I was so happy he admitted he likes a Green Day song, then he said, "I like alot of them" We are making progress!!!!

I saw American Idiot on Friday night at a local community theater. They were very proud to say that they were the first community theater in CT to get the rights to American Idiot. It was really good, I would say the best community theater production I've ever seen. The only problem was the role of Johnny was horribly miscast. He had a decent singing voice, but he was very large and horribly out of shape. The show is so high energy he could not catch his breath to say his lines or sing the next song. The guy that played Will should have been the lead, he was in good shape and had the best voice. The girl that played Whatsername and the guy that played St. Jimmy were excellent. The best of the cast.

But, the most amazing thing happened. HEre is a quote from hubby: "I really like that song Holiday, can you teach me to play it" I was so happy he admitted he likes a Green Day song, then he said, "I like alot of them" We are making progress!!!!

I went to this production. I went the opening night. I was really quite surprised how well everything turned out considering they didn't have a lot of time to practice. I was really impressed. The girl who played whatsername was fantastic. I was so excited to see her when she was on stage. I went with my mom and she had no idea of the story or anything. When it was over, she said that she was amazed at how much she actually enjoyed it. Then the way home I blasted american idiot. It was a fun experience. I'm really glad I went.

• Like 1

haha - that's my hubby's favourite song as well.

Let's hope OZ gets it to at least community theatre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

10269337_10155575074200401_5550573031847

It's comedy and tragedy
It's St. Jimmy and that's my name
And don't wear it out

Green Day's AMERICAN IDIOT
Book and Lyrics: Billie Joe Armstrong, Co-Book Writer: Michael Mayer

June 4-July 5

phoenixtheatre.org

American Idiot Rocks DOMA Theatre!

http://alongcomesmaryblog.com/american-idiot-rocks-doma-theatre/

"American Idiot" at The Weekend Theater, July 17 - Aug 9 in Little Rock, AR.

http://weekendtheater.org/our-season/american-idiot/

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155716892340654&type=3&l=6d825511b5