"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

Living in the boys' home state for the win. :cool: I hope some of my friends will want to check it out as well, especially the ones who missed the amazing Berkeley run.

True fact. I knew they had something good planned for us. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm like excited to find out who the cast will be. I hope they're as good as the original cast.

I'll be going to the show in State College, for sure :)

This is so fucking awesome.. I wasn't expecting them to tour again so soon.

I'm taking my 4 year old nephew with me.. he absolutely LOVES Green Day!

Must. Come. To. Montreal.

If not, well... Toronto. :)

The first stop is Toronto. Check the first page of this thread of the tour stops.

I'll be going to the show in State College, for sure :)

This is so fucking awesome.. I wasn't expecting them to tour again so soon.

I'm taking my 4 year old nephew with me.. he absolutely LOVES Green Day!

This isn't Green Day on tour. This is the musical. And patrons under the age of 5 will probably not be allowed.

The first stop is Toronto. Check the first page of this thread of the tour stops.

I know they're coming to Toronto. I'm just hoping that new tour dates will be announced and that Montreal will be amongst them. :)

Yay its comign near Kansas! I mean St. Louis is still pretty far away but its not too bad. Maybe It will come closer to Kansas city though.

Again,

I hate my country.

No Green Day concerts, no musical, no money or willing parents to take my abroad *sigh*

TAKE LOTS OF PICS, KIDS! :woot::P

I'll have a lot to wait till it comes to Europe and I even don't know if it will come to Portugal :(

Does anyone whose more knowledgeable about this sort of stuff have any idea when abouts the UK/Europe tour dates will be announced and when they'll go on sale?

I just want to be somewhat prepared. :lol: Thanks.

Does anyone whose more knowledgeable about this sort of stuff have any idea when abouts the UK/Europe tour dates will be announced and when they'll go on sale?

I just want to be somewhat prepared. :lol: Thanks.

For the moment, only the US (and Toronto) national tour is underway. While there is talk of futures plans to go outside the US (and Toronto), there is no definite time frame or if it will actually go overseas.

Well unless they announce more US dates, looks like mama and I might be going to St. Louis in March :)

For the moment, only the US (and Toronto) national tour is underway. While there is talk of futures plans to go outside the US (and Toronto), there is no definite time frame or if it will actually go overseas.

I think Michael Mayer and Tom Hulce announcing to a sold-out audience that it would be going overseas is proof enough that it IS eventually going to be making it's way overseas at some point :lol: Probably not for another couple years, but some point.

Also just reading on the wiki entry: "...Though additional songs were included from the Green Day catalog, Mayer added very little dialogue to the show. He felt instead that the music and lyrics were expressive enough on their own, and even removed some of the dialogue that was part of the Berkeley production before the show moved to Broadway."

What were those scripts that he removed? If anyone knows, that'd be really neat :)

This isn't Green Day on tour. This is the musical. And patrons under the age of 5 will probably not be allowed.

Green Day will be performing with them though, right?

I've never seen, or heard for that matter, American Idiot on Broadway.. :mellow:

I've never seen, or heard for that matter, American Idiot on Broadway.. :mellow:

you serious?

I think Michael Mayer and Tom Hulce announcing to a sold-out audience that it would be going overseas is proof enough that it IS eventually going to be making it's way overseas at some point :lol: Probably not for another couple years, but some point.

Hate to burst bubbles but unless an official, official statement saying that they will, not they hope, I wouldn't take Tom or Ira's words at face value. It takes a lot of money to launch a production and they will have to see how the American tour goes before seriously looking into going international.

Also just reading on the wiki entry: "...Though additional songs were included from the Green Day catalog, Mayer added very little dialogue to the show. He felt instead that the music and lyrics were expressive enough on their own, and even removed some of the dialogue that was part of the Berkeley production before the show moved to Broadway."

What were those scripts that he removed? If anyone knows, that'd be really neat :)

There's not a real script to "American Idiot," in Berkeley of Broadway. The biggest change in the dialogue between the two is that in Berkeley, Johnny had all the lines while in Broadway, Will & Tunny got a few of Johnny's lines. A couple segments of dialogue were moved around but overall, the final product of Berkeley and what done on Broadway are the same.

No, Green Day will not be playing. "American Idiot" is a musical based on the album. You can look at the website: http://www.americanidiotonbroadway.com/ for more information.

I think she was being sarcastic Plaid :lol:

And thanks for the info! Though just to keep bugging you, what were some of the lines that were originally Johnny's that got switched? I'm just curious :happy:

I think she was being sarcastic Plaid :lol:

And thanks for the info! Though just to keep bugging you, what were some of the lines that were originally Johnny's that got switched? I'm just curious :happy:

Pretty much any line that Tunny or Will said was Johnny's. The whole exchange before JOS was all Johnny, the little bit before Holiday was Johnny, the lines before Novacaine. Basically, no one had speaking line except for Johnny. The "We don't know no stinkin' badges" is the only one that I can think of that wasn't Johnny.

Here's "Holiday" from Berkeley, for example:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/03%20Holiday.mp3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my God those are SO cheap...the Toronto ones right now are listed between $70-$200. I really hope they don't stay those prices.

Oh my God those are SO cheap...the Toronto ones right now are listed between $70-$200. I really hope they don't stay those prices.

Where are you finding prices for Toronto? So far, State College is the only one that has single tickets for sale.

hey guyyyyyys I WANT TO GO TO THE L.A SHOW. ARE ANY OF YOU FOLKS GOING TO THE L.A SHOW? ID LOVE TO MEET SOME GDC'ERS :dance:

OHH AND ALSO. HOW DO I GET THE TICKETS? I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THIS SO IF SOMEONE HELPS ME IT WOULD MEAN A LOT. HOW MUCH WOULD THE TICKETS BE? IM PROBABLY GOING WITH 3 PEOPLE. SO YES. PLEASE LET ME KNOW? =/

Edited by whatsername8616