Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
plaid ducky

"American Idiot" Musical Tour

pacejunkie punk

Finally got to see this last night it was a really good production on a smaller scale than the Broadway version but I loved it. The band and voices were great. I kept watching thinking what a freaking genius Billie is to have written these songs. 

St Jimmy was played by a woman and her costume and attitude reminded me of DC’s Harley Quinn it was very cool.

• Like 2

AmericanIdiot2

My dad is  probably going to take me to see it in San Francisco.

What is it rated?

• Like 1

pacejunkie punk
57 minutes ago, AmericanIdiot2 said:

My dad is  probably going to take me to see it in San Francisco.

What is it rated?

It doesn’t have a rating but it’s full of explicit language and drug use.  They usually put a warning with it in the playbill or somewhere. If it was a movie it would be R rated.

AmericanIdiot2
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It doesn’t have a rating but it’s full of explicit language and drug use.  They usually put a warning with it in the playbill or somewhere. If it was a movie it would be R rated.

I probably won’t be able to see it then. Because last time I checked, being an LDS eleven year old with evil parents who don’t believe in fun will make it impossible to ANY FRICKING THING JUST BECAUSE IT’S FRICKING RATED R!!!!😡 But then again, no one ever said that life was fair.

Edited by AmericanIdiot2
Reference and additional information

Beerjeezus
10 hours ago, AmericanIdiot2 said:

I probably won’t be able to see it then. Because last time I checked, being an LDS eleven year old with evil parents who don’t believe in fun will make it impossible to ANY FRICKING THING JUST BECAUSE IT’S FRICKING RATED R!!!!😡 But then again, no one ever said that life was fair.

Give it a few years and you'll be old enough for rated r stuff :P In the meantime there's a broadway bootleg that you can watch (it used to be on youtube maybe still is). Plus honestly, Green Day isn't exactly a band you want to enjoy together with your parents. I mean, the conversation is bound to get awkward if you go see the show with them or watch BIAB together etc. lol

• Like 1

AmericanIdiot2
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Give it a few years and you'll be old enough for rated r stuff :P In the meantime there's a broadway bootleg that you can watch (it used to be on youtube maybe still is). Plus honestly, Green Day isn't exactly a band you want to enjoy together with your parents. I mean, the conversation is bound to get awkward if you go see the show with them or watch BIAB together etc. lol

It doesn’t matter how old I am. In my religion we are not allowed to watch R rated stuff.  Also my dad used to be a fan. He wanted to see them at Woodstock. He still enjoys their music he is just not really a fan.

Edited by AmericanIdiot2

Beerjeezus
1 hour ago, AmericanIdiot2 said:

It doesn’t matter how old I am. In my religion we are not allowed to watch R rated stuff.  Also my dad used to be a fan. He wanted to see them at Woodstock. He still enjoys their music he is just not really a fan.

Oh I didn't know (although as Alison said, it doesn't have an official rating, not sure if that helps in any way). It's good that he enjoys the music though. That's a lot better than having to explain what you like about a middle aged rock band to someone completely unfamiliar with it.

AmericanIdiot2
2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Oh I didn't know (although as Alison said, it doesn't have an official rating, not sure if that helps in any way). It's good that he enjoys the music though. That's a lot better than having to explain what you like about a middle aged rock band to someone completely unfamiliar with it.

Who is Alison?

Beerjeezus
28 minutes ago, AmericanIdiot2 said:

Who is Alison?

pacejunkie punk

AmericanIdiot2
On 8/1/2019 at 12:44 PM, Beerjeezus said:

pacejunkie punk

First off, I thought we aren’t supposed to use real names on here and second, how do you know their real name? Are y’all cousins or something?

DadBod
7 minutes ago, AmericanIdiot2 said:

First off, I thought we aren’t supposed to use real names on here and second, how do you know their real name? Are y’all cousins or something?

Some people have met each other at GD or side project events and have formed friendships that way. 

Beerjeezus
1 hour ago, AmericanIdiot2 said:

For all you know, she could be my great grandmother.

• Like 1

desertrose

Mike Vargovich

@mikevargovich

·5h

Tickets ON SALE NOW!

@GreenDay

’s #AmericanIdiot opens 9/5 at

@majesticrep

in #DTLV. Purchase before August 25th at (link: http://MajesticRepertory.com) MajesticRepertory.com for the special pre-sale price of $25 and we’ll see you in September!

desertrose

desertrose

https://www.facebook.com/events/378510543022309/

Firehouse Brewing Theatre

610 Main St, Rapid City, South Dakota 57701

AMERICAN IDIOT: Auditions
To audition for the Firehouse Brewing Theatre's production of GREEN DAY'S AMERICAN IDIOT, please sign-up for an audition slot below.

Johnny, Tunny and Will struggle to find meaning in a post-9/11 world. When the three disgruntled men flee the constraints of their hometown for the thrills of city life, their paths are quickly estranged when Tunny enters the armed forces, Will is called back home to attend to familial responsibilities, and Johnny's attention becomes divided by a seductive love interest and a hazardous new friendship.

Directed by Jeffrey Alan Smith
Music & Vocal Direction by Vonnie Houchin
Stage Management by Sara Danger Lindholm

Performs: October 18 - November 23, 2019
Friday and Saturday Evening Performances

CASTING
- 10 roles available, seeking a unique variety of high-energy singers, actors, dancers, and musicians.
- All roles will require doubling, except for Johnny and Whatsername.