"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

Sunset Players

Auditions for Green Day's American Idiot

Auditions for the Sunset Players’ production of Green Day’s American Idiot The Musical, book and lyrics by Billie Joe Armstrong, book by Michael Mayer, music and lyrics by Green Day, will be held on Sunday, January 10 from 7:00 to 10:00 pm and Tuesday, January 12 from 7:00 to 10:00 pm with callbacks Thursday, January 14 from 8:30 to 10:00 pm at the Arts Center at Dunham (1945 Dunham Way, Cincinnati, Oh 45238
Directed by Jerry Yearout with music and vocal direction by Allen Lindsey and choreography by Jessica Stringfield, Green Day’s American Idiot The Musical will hit the stage July 8-23.

Audition times are recommended and can be scheduled at: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0A4CAEA72FABFF2-auditions1 or by emailing Jerry Yearout at gyearout72@gmail.com or calling 513-543-7740. Walk-ups are welcome, but must wait for the first available time slot. Please bring headshot and theater resume if available. The vocal audition will last approximately 5 minutes. After your vocal audition, you will take part in a group for the dance audition. Audition time will last approximately 1 hour.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4caea72fabff2-auditions1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess this is coming to Endicott NY in about a month. I have a feeling I'm not gunna like it, but it's only $20 this time around (it came here a couple years ago and was more expensive) so I guess I'll go, I might not get another chance to see it.

52 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I guess this is coming to Endicott NY in about a month. I have a feeling I'm not gunna like it, but it's only $20 this time around (it came here a couple years ago and was more expensive) so I guess I'll go, I might not get another chance to see it.

Have an open mind.  It was probably the most exciting theatrical experience of my life.  The show is actually very short, 1 1/2 hours with no intermission.  But, it gets up and goes and doesn't stop.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got my tickets for tomorrow night's performance. There were still some front row seats available, so i got em!

so it turns out the American Idiot I saw last weekend wasn't the traveling version, it was put on by amatures and it was pretty frustrating. some of the actors were good but a lot were pretty bad and couldn't sing, and the main character who was supposed to be a jaded teen was actually a bald guy in his 30s, and the sound was awful, one guy's microphone didn't work at all!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're off to see American Idiot today in Leicester. Really looking forward to it. Saw it in London last summer in a tiny, hot little theatre, but this one we are going to today is big, air conditioned and rather fancy....so I am interested in how it will be different than the first one. Same cast, different environment.

4 hours ago, desertrose said:

X Factor girl Amelia Lily scores starring role in Green Day musical

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/theatre-news/x-factor-girl-amelia-lily-11109358

She's been in this since last summer. We have seen her twice now, but I will say that the cast was better in London.