"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

11379167_936460726416577_832974111_n.jpg

I'm seeing this one on Thursday night Edited by lizziebix
Please don't requote videos. Thanks.

That's me! That's my show! I mean, not my show, but Dan Folino is my favorite local actor and I worked at the Beck Center for a long time stage managing. The girls in the show are too young and not confident and fierce, but that is really my only complaint. They all sing really well. St. Jimmy is beyond amazing, VERY Billie Joe-esque. And of course, Dan Folino. Sigh.

I totally just want to point out that Roy Berko is a laughing stock in the theater world and was heard to say, as he exited the show, "that was like Equus". I saw Equus and I am not really sure how he got that comparison except that Dan Folino was in Equus as well, many years ago. Ugh i really dislike Roy Berko. He has actually reviewed the wrong show/the incorrect actors/got the plot of the play wrong/and generally makes himself look like an idiot in every review he does. He is an embarrassment to Cleveland, but the mock Berko reviews on message boards are hilarious (people pretending to review things in his "style").

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.solunastudiony.com/2015-main-stage-season.php

11063886_10153268216803961_6253072214723

kayla_saira"We are the stories and disciples of the Jesus of Suburbia!"✊?❤️ Its gonna be one helluva ride with these rockstars, and I can't wait to bring this show to life for the next couple of weekends! ?? American Idiot runs Friday's/Saturday's at 8, and Sunday's at 3 tonight through August 16th, don't miss out ? #AmericanIdiot #solunaprom #GreenDay

http://www.culturalartsplayhouse.com/about

American Idiot

from 20.00

Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 day of the show.

Book and Lyrics by  Billie Joe Armstrong
Book by  Michael Mayer
Music and Lyrics by  Green Day

11800307_10153268190583961_4750627152497

I saw it in San Jose at the Montgomery Theater this past Saturday night. The cast was really young, most of them being 18-19 years of age. Good performance, but there were a couple of times when the performer singing the song was a little off with the music. Luckily it was only at the beginning of the song so they were able to recover.

DOMA theater company version out here in LA was absolutely fantastic. 5 star performance. If you live in the area I highly recommend seeing their reloaded version coming this October since they just finished the first few months of performances. 

I saw the show in London! With an X Factor vocalist in it. It was so great oh man I'm still not over it!!!

I've heard great things about it, but I was a little worried still that it might be a bit gimmicky since the songs would have to be fitted to a storyline. I had no reason to fear - the show was seamlessly put together and it was phenominal. In a way, the songs having already been part of an album worked better, I think, cause then you don't get any of these slightly cheesy musical lines.

The energy put forth by the cast was astonishing! And the way they kept it up throughout! The entire show was just jaw dropping - set, choreography, singing..... ahhh it was all wicked. It happened too quickly in some respects. I'd like to watch it again so that I can watch parts of the stage that I didn't get to see during a first viewing.

ngl - when the main dude sings to his girl while she's asleep I might have teared up a little.

American Idiot, Cleveland.  Two of the videos got flagged for copyright things, so I have to figure that part out. 

I'm not sure if I did that right - there should be a playlist on you tube from beginning to end (skipping a few parts)

Also, I don't know why those videos don't go in the right order, but if you click the link you should be able to play them in the proper order.  

http://licensing.halleonard.com.au/musicals/find-a-show/15434-american-idiot

what does this mean exactly. 

Also desertrose I love your current avi?

It means you are not seeing American Idiot unless you come to the US.

When a community theater or school puts on a play, they have to purchase the rights to do it.  That is why you will either see older plays performed alot, because they are cheaper or for elementary or middle school productions you will see shows like Annie Jr, or Peter Pan Jr.  They are abridged versions of the plays and they cost less.  

I don't know why, but this is saying that community theaters or schools in Australia cannot purchase the rights for American Idiot and schools in New Zealand cannot either.  

When I saw it in June, the community theater I saw it in made a huge deal out of the fact that they were the first community theater in CT allowed to purchase the rights.  

I don't know why there are restrictions, so don't ask. 

It means you are not seeing American Idiot unless you come to the US.

When a community theater or school puts on a play, they have to purchase the rights to do it.  That is why you will either see older plays performed alot, because they are cheaper or for elementary or middle school productions you will see shows like Annie Jr, or Peter Pan Jr.  They are abridged versions of the plays and they cost less.  

I don't know why, but this is saying that community theaters or schools in Australia cannot purchase the rights for American Idiot and schools in New Zealand cannot either.  

When I saw it in June, the community theater I saw it in made a huge deal out of the fact that they were the first community theater in CT allowed to purchase the rights.  

I don't know why there are restrictions, so don't ask. 

I refuse to like your comment bitch & if I ever come back to the US I am not seeing you:ga: jk

• Like 1

I refuse to like your comment bitch & if I ever come back to the US I am not seeing you:ga: jk

You are such a bitch, you are just supposed to like all my posts so just do it already!  

• Like 1