Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image  New "F**K Cancer" shirt. 100% of profits are going to breast cancer charity. Check them out.

Photo

The Religion Thread

• Please log in to reply
2763 replies to this topic

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • The Real Adam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 1,810 rep

It's basically a place to hold your sacred items and tools. You also pray there and perform rituals there.

Who do you pray to? Is there one central god that Wiccans believe in?

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,844 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,264 rep

Who do you pray to? Is there one central god that Wiccans believe in?

There are multiple gods and goddesses and who your gods/goddesses are depends on your tradition. Most traditions you have to be initiated into, so since I self-dedicated, I'm an eclectic wiccan, so basically I take bits and pieces from other traditions and make my own. Which is nice, because there's no one set thing to follow. Since I'm new to it I just pray to the great god and goddess but I'm sure as I go along I'll add others to the list.

• Certified Nimrod likes this

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • The Real Adam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 1,810 rep

There are multiple gods and goddesses and who your gods/goddesses are depends on your tradition. Most traditions you have to be initiated into, so since I self-dedicated, I'm an eclectic wiccan, so basically I take bits and pieces from other traditions and make my own. Which is nice, because there's no one set thing to follow. Since I'm new to it I just pray to the great god and goddess but I'm sure as I go along I'll add others to the list.

Can you tell me a few of the main Wiccan beliefs?

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,844 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,264 rep

Can you tell me a few of the main Wiccan beliefs?

Basically that we're of nature and we're to respect the earth, help better the earth, wiccans are not to cause harm to other people, especially with magick, etc. It's a very nature-based religion.

Here's a link that explains the 13 basic principles in a little more depth: http://pagan-pages.o...-wiccan-belief/

• Certified Nimrod likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users