Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Religion Thread

• Please log in to reply
3158 replies to this topic

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,299 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,180 rep

Well that's certainly an improvement. Does it have to be wine?

Preferably, but its open doors to anything except sambuca.
  • SaintJimmy13 likes this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Product of War and Fear that We've Been Victimised

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 2,219 rep

Preferably, but its open doors to anything except sambuca.

OK, as I'm not really a wine-drinker but I'm open to putting vodka in pretty much anything.

• Comrade likes this

Comrade

Comrade
  • Zombie

• 7,299 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,180 rep

OK, as I'm not really a wine-drinker.

My main man Dionysus will sort that out, don't you worry. 

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,862 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 21,832 rep

Irish satire site writes article entitled '“Jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican', Americans lose their shit :lol:

• Trotsky, Hermione and Sauli like this

WeAllFloatDownHere

WeAllFloatDownHere
  • Dearly Beloved

• 7,501 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 4,128 rep
I love the hardcore Christians who bash other religions (escp Muslims) saying their religion is violent and promotes this and that and when you counter that the same shit is in the bible "oh that's the Old Testament doesn't apply" naw you can't pick what part of the bible just to fit your needs you either practice the full book or none at all don't cherry pick...
  • The Disappearing Boy, Certified Nimrod and SaintJimmy13 like this

Mykee Mexx

Mykee Mexx
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Joined Nov 12, 2012
  • 638 rep

I´m thinking about drawing a satiric pic of Mohammed being beheaded by IS. Him reading the latest Charlie Hebdo with his cartoon on it. Speech balloon of the executioner saying: "He dared to laugh about it". Or even better, a circle of executions: Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Krishna, all sitting together, laughing at several cartoons about religions and themselves. And everyone of them being decapitated or hanged or cruzified, because (speech balloon) "They dared to laugh".

Damn, how I hate every kind of religion and ideology that takes itself seriously... :( By the way - I laugh with Jesus.

Darth Praxus

Darth Praxus
  • Blasphemy Chickenstrips

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2012
  • 5,843 rep
In the midst of sixty pages of reading for Systematic Theology, and, not for the first time, I have come to the conclusion that Calvinism is one of the most unapologetically fucked-up thought systems in existence. It's just so fucking beaten-wife syndrome. "We are absolutely nothing, but God loves himself so much that to demonstrate to himself just how great he is he decided to save some of us maggots. And as we're dead in sin we are utterly incapable of being saved unless he predestined us, but somehow those who don't believe and aren't predestined have only themselves to blame. And isn't that GREAT?!?!?!"
  • Hermione and Sauli like this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Product of War and Fear that We've Been Victimised

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 2,219 rep

In the midst of sixty pages of reading for Systematic Theology, and, not for the first time, I have come to the conclusion that Calvinism is one of the most unapologetically fucked-up thought systems in existence. It's just so fucking beaten-wife syndrome. "We are absolutely nothing, but God loves himself so much that to demonstrate to himself just how great he is he decided to save some of us maggots. And as we're dead in sin we are utterly incapable of being saved unless he predestined us, but somehow those who don't believe and aren't predestined have only themselves to blame. And isn't that GREAT?!?!?!"

Isn't that the sin of pride?

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 28,166 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,927 rep

Isn't that the sin of pride?

"Do as I say not as I do" - God

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users