Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pets

• Please log in to reply
4825 replies to this topic

Comedy & Tragedy

Comedy & Tragedy
  • I Can't Believe I Ate The Whole Thing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts
  • Joined Apr 13, 2009
  • 917 rep

I miss all my friends' pets :( The house I was staying in over Christmas had a cat that reminded me so much of my best friend's cat back home. She loved being petted and always drooled on me when she was really happy. They even looked like each other. But they also had another cat who scratched up my hand. I didn't like her so much. 

Getting to pet a dog right now is a rarity, but it makes me ridiculously happy whenever I do :lol: But still, I miss my friend's big eejit of a dog who was always excited to see me. I wonder if he'll recognize me when I get back.

armatage

armatage
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2009
  • 479 rep

My cat just randomly decided to scratch my AC/DC poster that's hanging on my room's door. Not sure if she hates them or appreciates the band.

• inthehallwaynow likes this

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,254 rep

we realized yesterday that Ralph had something on his right eye. it's all red and white and sometime he couldn't even open it. poor little dog :( 
so i went to the veterinary with him today and i learned he's got an conjunctivitis and it's on both eyes. 

she gave us eye-drops for him to put 4 times a day for 10 days. i expected this to be expensive, but not to that i would have to pay 92$$$$ i'm so fucking pissed they just clearly stole me right here. 
50$ for the consultation (it lasted 5-10 minutes dammit!!!!) and the rest for the eye-drops and taxes. are you fucking kidding me that just took me away 10 hours of work

thank god i love my dog because that's ridiculous.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,451 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,161 rep

I'm thinking I might blend up some carrots and give them to Eddie as juice. He loves carrots so hopefully he'll like this too.

Also I've been told that sunflower seeds are very fattening and birds probably shouldn't have too many of them. But they're Eddie's favourite, always the first thing he grabs when I refill his food. So...

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 14,319 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,948 rep
My friend just found out her dog has brain cancer :cry: I've never seen a family love their dog the way they love Duke and he's the greatest dog ever and I don't even like dogs so it's really sad.

Sounds like they're going to try radiation and that would buy him another year, otherwise they've got to put him down or he'll just keep having massive seizures.

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,651 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 4,066 rep
Lola is actually the biggest asshole in existence. Last night she was making retching noises so I ran and grabbed a towel for her to barf on. When I brought it in she completely ignored the towel and every time I moved it in front of her she moved away so she could throw up on the carpet or my purse or the expensive electronics instead. Damn dogs.

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 20,778 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,709 rep

i think tank hurt himself jumping off the couch at some point. he jumps up just fine, and he'll jump off my bed but he refuses to jump off the couch. i've felt his legs and paws, and he doesn't seem to be in pain... and he runs around just fine so i don't think he's hurt. he must just be remembering pain and now he's scared to jump off :( poor guy 

Sausage Gravy

Sausage Gravy
  • revolution girl style now!

• 21,782 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 9,102 rep

POPULAR

idk if anyone remembers or not, but i used to have a cat, bud, who was like my second child and my precious little baby. right before i moved out of my ex's house about a year and a half ago, bud ran away so i didn't get to take him with me. i recently moved back to my old neighborhood where bud has basically just been feral and i saw him a few times over the past few weeks and i finally managed to catch him!!! so now i have my baby back :wub:
Spoiler

i don't think he's overly pleased about becoming a house cat again but i'm not giving him a choice :P
  • Hayley, Mar, stuart_and_the_ave and 8 others like this

Iva

Iva
  • "BUT R2D2 ejaculated at him!" - Tom

• 7,226 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,571 rep

idk if anyone remembers or not, but i used to have a cat, bud, who was like my second child and my precious little baby. right before i moved out of my ex's house about a year and a half ago, bud ran away so i didn't get to take him with me. i recently moved back to my old neighborhood where bud has basically just been feral and i saw him a few times over the past few weeks and i finally managed to catch him!!! so now i have my baby back :wub:

i don't think he's overly pleased about becoming a house cat again but i'm not giving him a choice :P

This sort of...deserves having a story written about it. Also, a single like does not justify how awesome that is. Welcome home, Bud. :)

i think tank hurt himself jumping off the couch at some point. he jumps up just fine, and he'll jump off my bed but he refuses to jump off the couch. i've felt his legs and paws, and he doesn't seem to be in pain... and he runs around just fine so i don't think he's hurt. he must just be remembering pain and now he's scared to jump off :( poor guy 

Are you going to have that checked, just to be safe?

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,735 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,317 rep

:wub: This is so wonderful! Good for him for surviving outside for so long (after being domesticated) and yay for his return! Does he remember you, especially since the house is different?

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 20,778 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,709 rep

Are you going to have that checked, just to be safe?

yeah, he needs his yearly checkup/shots so i'm gonna get them to look at it then 

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,651 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 4,066 rep
It is 27 goddamn degrees and just snowed yesterday, and Shawn thinks that I'm gonna take the dogs for a long walk outside. Hell no.

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • It could be bunnies.

• 18,185 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 20,296 rep

10952082_10153091286163689_7533932863812

• Mar and Iva like this

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,735 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,317 rep
Kind of along the same lines as Carling, Rosie is kind of limpy and creaky these days and I can't tell of it's just old age or if it's injury.

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 7,098 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,254 rep

that is such a cute story i'm so happy for you :happy:

Advertising

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,319 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,948 rep

My friend just asked me if I could take her dog for his radiation treatment on Monday when I go up to school because her and her parents have work/school that can't be missed that morning and I'm going up to where he needs to go anyways :lol:

I said I'd do it, but I don't know the first thing about being responsible for a dog alone for an hour!

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 20,778 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,709 rep

tank still won't jump off the couch. he jumps off all the other ones which are the same height, and my bed which is higher... but he refuses to jump off the one in the family room. i dunno if that's because there's hardwood there and he's scared of that now, or what :( i don't think he's hurt, it just seems like a serious mental block when it comes to jumping down 

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,319 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,948 rep

tank still won't jump off the couch. he jumps off all the other ones which are the same height, and my bed which is higher... but he refuses to jump off the one in the family room. i dunno if that's because there's hardwood there and he's scared of that now, or what :( i don't think he's hurt, it just seems like a serious mental block when it comes to jumping down 

When Shadow jumps off the counter he jumps down onto a kitchen chair and then the floor, but he won't jump on your lap if you're sitting in the chair, he'll jump straight to the floor. 

Mom thinks its because he knows its safe and solid when it's just the chair, but if someone's sitting in it he isn't sure whether it's safe so he just goes straight to the floor because he knows that's safe too (just a lot higher). 

Maybe Tank is just doing a similar thing -- isn't sure if the hardwood is safe anymore so he won't do it.

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 20,778 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,709 rep

When Shadow jumps off the counter he jumps down onto a kitchen chair and then the floor, but he won't jump on your lap if you're sitting in the chair, he'll jump straight to the floor. 

Mom thinks its because he knows its safe and solid when it's just the chair, but if someone's sitting in it he isn't sure whether it's safe so he just goes straight to the floor because he knows that's safe too (just a lot higher). 

Maybe Tank is just doing a similar thing -- isn't sure if the hardwood is safe anymore so he won't do it.

yeah, i think that's what it is. he'll jump up just fine, but then won't be able to get down. i put the ottoman beside the couch (he uses it to jump on my mom's bed), as it's a little lower so he could use it as a step, and he wouldn't go anywhere near it. i dunno what's up with him. :P

in other news, he's being a big grump today. like wtf do you have to be grumpy about, you're a dog -_- 

edit: he just jumped off the couch just fine, because he wanted some food.  :mellow: little jackass has been pretending to be afraid because he's lazy and wants to be picked up!!

• Hayley, Mar and Iva like this

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,651 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 4,066 rep
One of my dogs used to do that with the basement steps! I think it was Toby? He would go up the steps just fine but made us carry him down, the big baby.
Also, after the flood happened, Lola refused to go down into the basement at our old house. She saw the water down there once and I guess associated it with having to leave the house in the dark and walk a long way to safety so she wouldn't go into the basement at all anymore.

In other news I had two dogs barfing this morning cuz my housemate decided to give them greasy homemade hashbrowns. Rain heaved a little on the bed. :mellow:

Iva

Iva
  • "BUT R2D2 ejaculated at him!" - Tom

• 7,226 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,571 rep

16269643352_4aa4cd8fd0_c.jpg

• Penguin Puffball and Dirntbag like this

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Unsuspicious Individual

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 3,289 rep

It seems like we'll have to foster our dog, Star. She's a jack russel whippet cross sort of thing and she's the sweetest most stable dog ever, but my mom's dominant and bigger doberman, Teyah, hates her and they can't be together. I understand that it'll be better for Star, and we'll probably get to see her all the time, but it feels like we're cheating her or something. She's probably about 9 years old and the sweetest, but she may not get to spend the rest of her life with us.... it breaks my heart a little but there don't seem to be any other options.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,319 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,948 rep

DOn't have to drive my friend's dog to radiation tomorrow morning after all, he was having trouble breathing overnight so they had to take him into the doggie ICU this morning :(

I don't like dogs in general, but I really do love Duke.

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • ♥ ♥ ♥

• 7,551 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,959 rep

My friends and family make fun of me because I pour water from the Brita filter into Munchkin and Molly's water bowls. I guess they have a point, and the joke's on me, because Molly's currently licking the soapy water out of the bath tub and Munchkin is licking the dirty melted snow off of my boots. Fucking cats, maaan. :rolleyes:

tigress

tigress
  • Let's Go Hawks!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,427 rep

My friends and family make fun of me because I pour water from the Brita filter into Munchkin and Molly's water bowls. I guess they have a point, and the joke's on me, because Molly's currently licking the soapy water out of the bath tub and Munchkin is licking the dirty melted snow off of my boots. Fucking cats, maaan. :rolleyes:

I do that for my cats too!

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • ♥ ♥ ♥

• 7,551 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,959 rep

I do that for my cats too!

Good, I'm not alone! My babies deserve the best. :happy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users