Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

Pets

• Please log in to reply
4661 replies to this topic

#4651 Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

Head of Tom's legal council

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,119 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:01 AM

Basically it's a way to do monetary transactions securely online. So, I believe Iva was offering to send you some money online to help with any hypothetical vet bills (as I'm sure we all would do, if needed!).

I did hear of two relatively cheap vets that will actually come to your house to look at your pets. I don't know how I feel about home care, because my pets are like my children and I would certainly NOT want my children operated on in a non-sterile environment, but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do, y'know?

#4652 AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,629 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:03 AM

I did hear of two relatively cheap vets that will actually come to your house to look at your pets. I don't know how I feel about home care, because my pets are like my children and I would certainly NOT want my children operated on in a non-sterile environment, but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do, y'know?

Good luck! I don't know much about home care for pets. Frankly, I hardly ever take my pets to the vet at all (kind of similar toward my views of human health care, ha). Hopefully whatever it is clears itself up without intervention. But if anything is necessary, you definitely don't want to go the cheap route for someone as important as your pet! Let us know what happens!  :hug:

• Floyd Pinkerton and Iva like this

#4653 Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• Members
  • 19,119 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:06 AM

Good luck! I don't know much about home care for pets. Frankly, I hardly ever take my pets to the vet at all (kind of similar toward my views of human health care, ha). Hopefully whatever it is clears itself up without intervention. But if anything is necessary, you definitely don't want to go the cheap route for someone as important as your pet! Let us know what happens!  :hug:

At the same time I don't want to pay $100 for just the basic visit itself :lol: My current vet is expensive as fuck. She wanted to charge me $600 just to get my damn cat neutered. No way. She overcharges.

#4654 AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Members
  • 6,629 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:07 AM

At the same time I don't want to pay $100 for just the basic visit itself :lol: My current vet is expensive as fuck. She wanted to charge me $600 just to get my damn cat neutered. No way. She overcharges.

Ugh, yeah, you gotta be reasonable. Any other places you could go? Or could you possibly talk to a humane society or some other shelter type place for advice?

#4655 Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• Members
  • 19,119 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

Ugh, yeah, you gotta be reasonable. Any other places you could go? Or could you possibly talk to a humane society or some other shelter type place for advice?

Well there are those two house-visiting vets who have a LOT of good reviews. I'm gonna probably call both of them to get an estimate from each one. I don't know what our humane society does here, except take in pitbulls and euthanise animals.

#4656 Mar

Mar

Streets ahead

• Members
  • 18,280 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:01 AM

We shelled out $1,200 back in August when Gacy got super sick, so I hear you, Ash. Thankfully, she's much better (and her pink eye/sneezing is so much better now, so it seems like whatever they did for her did help her permanent problems), but it's still like, ack, much as you love your babies, it's still not easy to suddenly have to shell out for them, especially because they can't really communicate to you if they're having problems (like Rain's not-abnormal behavior), so it's like, am I wasting money that could be saved for a real emergency?

Best of luck to you and Rain <3

• Floyd Pinkerton likes this

#4657 Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne

• Members
  • 12,810 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

last week me & my mam saw a tiny little white dog wandering around the circle, didn't think much of it as people were around (not near the dog, but it's a quiet area so people tend to let their dogs just wander). went outside like 15 minutes later and she was soaking, shivering, and alone. i cuddled her into my hoddie & went around a few neighbours to try find the owner, no luck.

ended up bringing her inside to get her warm & give her some food/water. didn't take more than 5 minutes for her to start going crazy. she was exploring all over the house, jumping on all the furniture (my dog does this so meh no issue there) and just proper settled it. 

up until that point, my dog had been shut away in the conservatory and we're very nervous about him being with other dogs, he hates some dogs but loves others so we shut him away just in case. figured we may as well try get them to mingle so i held the little one in my arms on the sofa while my brother let my dog out, and the first thing they both did was try to get at each other. my dog was all teeth, ready to eat the little one & she was trying to jump out my arms to bite him :lol: my dog isn't small by any means, he's a big, strong dog so he'd probably have killed her so he got shut away but i found it hilarious how she was more than ready to have a go back. crazy little pooch would have died in seconds.

but ye we found the owner, apparently she's escaped a couple times that week as their back garden fence had blown over. ah well, at least we know her now in case it happens again.

• Dirntbag and Iva like this

#4658 BetterThanAir

BetterThanAir

Brat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined Feb 05, 2010

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

I am pretty sure I have posted photos of my cat and guinea pig here, but I got a rabbit in the summer.
His name is Jack. 

BzegTs3CIAAZ5ow.jpg

• Iva likes this

#4659 Iva

Iva

Dearly Beloved

• Members
  • 6,368 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

Ash, Alissa answered my question (and from what I can see, at least three of us would chip in and help you out!), so if those cheaper vets don't seem trustworthy, look into opening a PayPal account and we'll do what we can. :)

What a heartwarming story. :) Glad you saved her and got her back to her owners, and always fun to read about dogs who are as crazy as mine. :)

I am pretty sure I have posted photos of my cat and guinea pig here, but I got a rabbit in the summer.
His name is Jack.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzegTs3CIAAZ...

What a sweetie! :wub:

• BetterThanAir likes this

#4660 Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• Members
  • 19,119 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

I've actually heard a lot of praise from these vets so NOW THAT I HAVE A FULL-TIME JOB AGAIN YIPPEKAIAYE!!!! I'm gonna save up and take her to the vet. Shit's working out, guys!

• AlissaGoesRAWR and Iva like this

#4661 Iva

Iva

Dearly Beloved

• Members
  • 6,368 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

*crosses fingers*

That's good! 

• Floyd Pinkerton likes this