Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image  New "F**K Cancer" shirt. 100% of profits are going to breast cancer charity. Check them out.

Photo

Pets

• Please log in to reply
4450 replies to this topic

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,808 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,301 rep

When you adopt a dog, you are accepting them as your family member. They should be with your family. 

If you do end up keeping the dog outside, do not put the dog on a chain. Put them in a cage. Inside your home is always the best choice, though.

oh, they'd never be on a chain! If they were in the yard they'd just be able to run about. And we'd have a bed/kennel/whatever under the verandah for them.

And no matter what dad says, if they're scared of storms like our last dog was, they're sleeping in my room

But that's exactly how I feel about them being a part of the family. What's the point of having a little dog to love if you're just gonna send it outside? And our yard isn't massive. It's not tiny enough to be cruel, but I can imagine any dog getting bored very quickly if it's left out there all day

• Certified Nimrod likes this

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 17,842 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,263 rep

So I get Pinky a brand new, bigger bowl and some new decorations, fill up the water, and put him in it. He died. What the fuck.

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • The Real Adam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 1,801 rep

oh, they'd never be on a chain! If they were in the yard they'd just be able to run about. And we'd have a bed/kennel/whatever under the verandah for them.

And no matter what dad says, if they're scared of storms like our last dog was, they're sleeping in my room

Oh, even better! 

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball

• 17,842 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,263 rep
I can't let my dogs run free outside because they WILL run away and end up under a car. I had to watch helplessly one day as my neighbour refused to stop driving when Spencer ran out in front of him. Screamed at the guy to stop driving and he ignored me.
Spencer did get hit by a car once but the car was going slow and he just kinda bounced off the tire and ran off. No harm done, thank God.

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • The Real Adam

• 3,708 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 1,801 rep

I can't let my dogs run free outside because they WILL run away and end up under a car. I had to watch helplessly one day as my neighbour refused to stop driving when Spencer ran out in front of him. Screamed at the guy to stop driving and he ignored me.
Spencer did get hit by a car once but the car was going slow and he just kinda bounced off the tire and ran off. No harm done, thank God.

What's your neighbor's problem?

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball

• 17,842 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,263 rep

What's your neighbor's problem?

He's a fucking dick.

He isn't even supposed to be driving to begin with as his licence has been taken from him but whatever.

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • The Real Adam

• 3,708 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 1,801 rep

He's a fucking dick.

He isn't even supposed to be driving to begin with as his licence has been taken from him but whatever.

Get him arrested or something.

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball

• 17,842 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,263 rep

Get him arrested or something.

I would love to, and I probably should

• Certified Nimrod likes this

Angela.

Angela.
  • Jesus of Pittsburghia

• 8,724 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2009
  • 473 rep

I made a little pet tag yesterday. It's on my lanyard, which I always wear, so now Climber is never far from my heart.

M126OX.jpg

Some days are easier than others. We haven't touched his tank and we probably won't for a good while. We can't move it or clean it out yet. It's too painful.

• Disapperingirl and Certified Nimrod like this

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,555 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,985 rep

3 last days with Ralph :( i hope i can come back every weekend at home so i can see him grow up and i hope he won't forget me :(

and Ron, too. my lovely cat :)

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Tomnomnom's Publicist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 3,900 rep

Climber passed away this morning. I'm beyond crushed. My little man is gone and it's killing me. Michael and I grabbed a big shoebox this morning and turned it into a little version of his house for him. We filled it with his bedding and placed his little house in it. We put a couple of his chew toys inside and filled up his food and treat bowls before placing him inside the box, in front of his house. I wrote him a letter and put it inside before we closed the box. We went to my grandparent's house and buried him under a big apple tree.

Burying him was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do. We've both broken down crying multiple times today. I'm not going to be able to go into the bedroom without crying for a while. His tank is right by our bed and every night before I sleep, I'm used to hearing him run around on his wheel or drink water. I don't get to hear that anymore. I don't get to see him or hold him or kiss him anymore and it's tearing me apart.

Spoiler

Little man.  :cry:

I'm so sorry.  :cry:

Yeah, her breathing seems to be getting back to normal, and she was sunbathing today when my mom had the front door open for a few minutes. She's still a little more stationary than usual (not that she's a particularly active cat, but she usually walks around more) but there's definitely a marked improvement now.

Glad to hear it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users