Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pets

• Please log in to reply
4457 replies to this topic

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,940 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,371 rep

When you adopt a dog, you are accepting them as your family member. They should be with your family. 

If you do end up keeping the dog outside, do not put the dog on a chain. Put them in a cage. Inside your home is always the best choice, though.

oh, they'd never be on a chain! If they were in the yard they'd just be able to run about. And we'd have a bed/kennel/whatever under the verandah for them.

And no matter what dad says, if they're scared of storms like our last dog was, they're sleeping in my room

But that's exactly how I feel about them being a part of the family. What's the point of having a little dog to love if you're just gonna send it outside? And our yard isn't massive. It's not tiny enough to be cruel, but I can imagine any dog getting bored very quickly if it's left out there all day

• Certified Nimrod likes this

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,009 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,366 rep

So I get Pinky a brand new, bigger bowl and some new decorations, fill up the water, and put him in it. He died. What the fuck.

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • The Real Adam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 1,854 rep

oh, they'd never be on a chain! If they were in the yard they'd just be able to run about. And we'd have a bed/kennel/whatever under the verandah for them.

And no matter what dad says, if they're scared of storms like our last dog was, they're sleeping in my room

Oh, even better! 

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,009 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,366 rep
I can't let my dogs run free outside because they WILL run away and end up under a car. I had to watch helplessly one day as my neighbour refused to stop driving when Spencer ran out in front of him. Screamed at the guy to stop driving and he ignored me.
Spencer did get hit by a car once but the car was going slow and he just kinda bounced off the tire and ran off. No harm done, thank God.

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • The Real Adam

• 3,781 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 1,854 rep

I can't let my dogs run free outside because they WILL run away and end up under a car. I had to watch helplessly one day as my neighbour refused to stop driving when Spencer ran out in front of him. Screamed at the guy to stop driving and he ignored me.
Spencer did get hit by a car once but the car was going slow and he just kinda bounced off the tire and ran off. No harm done, thank God.

What's your neighbor's problem?

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,009 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,366 rep

What's your neighbor's problem?

He's a fucking dick.

He isn't even supposed to be driving to begin with as his licence has been taken from him but whatever.

Certified Nimrod

Certified Nimrod
  • The Real Adam

• 3,781 posts
  • Joined Jan 26, 2013
  • 1,854 rep

He's a fucking dick.

He isn't even supposed to be driving to begin with as his licence has been taken from him but whatever.

Get him arrested or something.

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,009 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,366 rep

Get him arrested or something.

I would love to, and I probably should

Angela.

Angela.
  • Jesus of Pittsburghia

• 8,727 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2009
  • 475 rep

I made a little pet tag yesterday. It's on my lanyard, which I always wear, so now Climber is never far from my heart.

M126OX.jpg

Some days are easier than others. We haven't touched his tank and we probably won't for a good while. We can't move it or clean it out yet. It's too painful.

• Disapperingirl and Certified Nimrod like this

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,996 rep

3 last days with Ralph :( i hope i can come back every weekend at home so i can see him grow up and i hope he won't forget me :(

and Ron, too. my lovely cat :)

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Tomnomnom's Publicist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 4,008 rep

Climber passed away this morning. I'm beyond crushed. My little man is gone and it's killing me. Michael and I grabbed a big shoebox this morning and turned it into a little version of his house for him. We filled it with his bedding and placed his little house in it. We put a couple of his chew toys inside and filled up his food and treat bowls before placing him inside the box, in front of his house. I wrote him a letter and put it inside before we closed the box. We went to my grandparent's house and buried him under a big apple tree.

Burying him was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do. We've both broken down crying multiple times today. I'm not going to be able to go into the bedroom without crying for a while. His tank is right by our bed and every night before I sleep, I'm used to hearing him run around on his wheel or drink water. I don't get to hear that anymore. I don't get to see him or hold him or kiss him anymore and it's tearing me apart.

Spoiler

Little man.  :cry:

I'm so sorry.  :cry:

Yeah, her breathing seems to be getting back to normal, and she was sunbathing today when my mom had the front door open for a few minutes. She's still a little more stationary than usual (not that she's a particularly active cat, but she usually walks around more) but there's definitely a marked improvement now.

Glad to hear it!

GreenDayBass

GreenDayBass
  • Licensed Adam

• 3,045 posts
  • Joined Aug 23, 2006
  • 1,959 rep

My dog thinks he's a cat:

cdYG6BCl.jpg

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,009 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,366 rep

My dog thinks he's a cat:

http://i.imgur.com/cdYG6BCl.jpg...

Did you mean to say that backwards?

GreenDayBass

GreenDayBass
  • Licensed Adam

• 3,045 posts
  • Joined Aug 23, 2006
  • 1,959 rep

Did you mean to say that backwards?

That was intended, yes cause I thought it'd be funnier if I said that since she's acting like a dog, so by saying that it'd be like my cat transformed into a dog, which would be like my dog being a cat.

• Floyd Pinkerton and Certified Nimrod like this

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,875 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,819 rep

Teddy has been SO needy lately, holy crap. And he's such a monster that it's impossible to do ANYTHING else when he decides to sit with you :lol:

Advertising

Vespertine

Vespertine
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,084 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2009
  • 450 rep

Luna is in heat =( Dad didn't want to get her spayed and now I am expected to take care of and clean up after her. Fucking idiot. 

She's been bleeding so much that I have no choice but to keep her in the garage 24/7, and that just breaks my heart. She probably thinks I'm punishing her or something. Ugh. And it's only been four days. I hate this so much.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 13,940 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,371 rep

I still feel awful for my sister's guinea pigs. It's storming and cold and she still refuses to drag their hutch under the shade.

Seriously one day she's gonna go out there and find them both dead and she'll be completely shocked. But I really wouldn't be. I never see her go out there to them, not to change their hay or anything. Their food is sitting in the rain right now

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,875 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,819 rep

Holy shit, what a mess.

Kenny got out of the house earlier tonight. My mom and I were outside doing the lawn and my dad was coming out the back door of our house to help us. My dad is fucking oblivious to what's happening around him and we are positive that he opened the wooden back door really wide, and Kenny followed him onto the stoop (still inside the house). Then, when my dad opened the screen door to leave the house, he pulled the wooden door shut and likely dragged Kenny outside with him (again, he's oblivious and wouldn't have realized it.

As I think I've mentioned before here, we have a hole in our house's foundation that the neighborhood strays, including Kenny's mom, sleep, and he watches them from a window (hell, he may have been in it before we took him in). So, my mom is rounding the corner of our house  from the front yard and sees a cat jump into the hole, and realizes ... oh, shit, that cat has white socks on, that's not one of our neighborhood cats, that's Kenny. She initially got him to come to her and she had him in her arms, when my dad rounds the corner. She says something kind of smart-assy, like "Um, does he look familiar?" and my loud-ass dad screams "WHAT THAT'S NOT KENNY" and scares the shit out of him, he claws up my mom and runs back into the hole. He was in there about 45 minutes until we coaxed him out with food. Luckily my mom thought ahead to have us set the cat carrier outside, since he was still so scared when she grabbed him the second time, he probably would have run again if she had to get him into the house in her hands. God, we are so lucky that he was familiar with that hole, because we live on two very busy streets (corner house) and in his panic, he would have probably run into the street without looking and get hit (and/or one of us would have followed him into the streets without thinking about get hit ourselves).

Of course, now he has fucking fleas. We gave him a bath the second he came in the house, but my mom's been combing him and finding them, ugh. So now my dad has to go halfway across town to get the treatment (at this hour), and my mom and I are super fucking allergic to them (and, yknow, we've got three other cats who will probably get them now), ugh.

I'm just so thankful we got him; he's our baby and it would have been fucking terrible to let him get out like that or watch him get hit.

• Dirntbag likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users