Dai.

Pets

Dai.

Not at all. She's not even 4. :cry:

I'm sorry about your dog. Mine will turn 4 in May, so it feels extremely unfair to lose her already. I'm sure it feels bad enough to lose a 15 year old though. I blame myself for waiting all those hours when it all just got worse, not calling anyone sooner. And when we did it took so long to get her an appointment at the vet. Now I'm just sitting here waiting to hear if she's dead or getting better.

And thank you. :hug:

What does she have? I hope she gets better.

AnnA™

What does she have? I hope she gets better.

Thank you. They say it's Intestinal Perforation, if that's the right translation. Can be lethal, it says online you should get the dog to the vet within 1-4 hours once the symptoms arise. She had to wait way longer than that, so I'm really not getting my hopes up.

Khaleesi.

Thank you. They say it's Intestinal Perforation, if that's the right translation. Can be lethal, it says online you should get the dog to the vet within 1-4 hours once the symptoms arise. She had to wait way longer than that, so I'm really not getting my hopes up.

I'm really sorry to hear that :( I know how hard it is to see your best friend get sick. Keep us updated.

AnnA™

I'm really sorry to hear that :( I know how hard it is to see your best friend get sick. Keep us updated.

Yeah it's the worst. Haven't been able to focus all day. And I will.

Khaleesi.

Found some more puppy pictures of my Sonny. :happy:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_jSRUrZcgGFA/TZDac6BTJWI/AAAAAAAAAIs/l_pbU4yOJ2o/s640/DSC00852.JPG[/img

How posh does he look? :lol:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_jSRUrZcgGFA/TZDaVZvbTpI/AAAAAAAAAIg/bTE02W7wyMo/Sonny%20%282%29.jpg[/img

The cats on this thread are gorgeous :wub: I so want a kitten! :cry:

omg :wub:

AnnA™

Oh boy, anytime the words "intestine" and "perforate" are in the same sentence, you know it's not good. Our dog had something similar happen. He used to (who am I kidding, still does) have a taste for carpeting, so at our first apartment, where it was all shitty shag carpeting stitched together, he found a way to pull some up, and one day while we were gone, he ate a 1'x2' section of the stuff. A few months afterwards, he started acting sick and stopped eating. After a couple days, my wife took him to the vet, and when I went in to check on him the next day, they showed me an X-Ray from the night before with a blockage at the base of his stomach. They figured give it another day to see if it passes on its own. I suggested they take one more X-Ray right then and there, just in case, so I could make a decision, and the new X-Ray showed the blockage fully involved into the intestine, with his stomach swollen to four times its usual size because he couldn't pass anything out of it. After a very brief conversation with the vet, I decided on surgery right then and there. Saved him, which was kind of vindicating for me, because we lost our first puppy to a genetic condition after only having him for a couple weeks. The ownership contract for Bandit even says, "replacement," but I don't like to think of him as such.

The good news about intestinal perforation is that, from what I recall of my conversation with the vet, it's typically not associated with a great deal of internal bleeding. Instead, it's the stomach acid leaking out into the body cavity (along with all the other bacteria and crap) that does the damage. A lot of the time it's a matter of surgically closing the perforation, cleaning the area, and then keeping the animal for observation and IV fluid treatment. Doesn't always save them, but intestinal perforation isn't necessarily a death sentence. Keep your hopes up, and don't give up on your dog. They're tough little scrappers.

I'm happy to hear he survived, cheered me up a little. My dog hasn't been able to breath on her own and she's been in a critical stage even after surgery. But they were going to call us from the vet if she got worse or better. No word from them all day. At least she's hanging in there, she's pulled through this far...

AnnA™

Nevermind. She just died.

Agija

Nevermind. She just died.

Oh my. :( That's so terrible. I'm so sorry to hear that.

:hug:

Dai.

I'm so sorry, Anna. There's really nothing I can say to make you feel better, and that sucks. As I've mentioned before, I've lost many pets in the past...It'll take some time to recover but it'll be okay in the end.

chewychorizo

They had a good life :happy:

AnnA™

Thanks. Don't know how or when but I guess I'll get over it.

Maybe I shouldn't post this. At least I can't without crying my eyes out. But here she is anyway, as a puppy. Think I posted this in the old thread. IMG_0427.jpg

I was asked if I wanted to go see her tomorrow. I don't even know.

dria021772

Thanks. Don't know how or when but I guess I'll get over it.

Maybe I shouldn't post this. At least I can't without crying my eyes out. But here she is anyway, as a puppy. Think I posted this in the old thread.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j13/anna_m_e/IMG_0427.jpg

I was asked if I wanted to go see her tomorrow. I don't even know.

I'm so sorry for you. Wish I could give you a hug. :(

Edited by Dai.
Don't quote IMG tags, please.

Khaleesi.

CaesarSalad

i think we're putting down my dog today =/ the poor thing is thirteen, blind, deaf, losing her mind, and has lost control of her bladder/bowels. it seems harsh, because she's...okay otherwise. but with all five of us never at home, we just can't take care of her...

here's a picture of the funny dog:

p1020469c.jpg

if things go as i'm guessing they're going to go, i'm going to miss her. and her funny hound noises.

AnnA™

I'm so sorry for you. Wish I could give you a hug. :(

Aw thank you. I just got to see her one last time at the hospital. Couldn't stop petting her while crying my eyes out even though she'd gone all stiff and cold. But it felt a bit better saying goodbye, really see what happened to her instead of having the last image of her alive, being so sick. Closure I guess.

And I'll try stop talking about it here now. Everybody should go hug their dogs, cats or whatever for me though. You're lucky to have them.

Khaleesi.

I've been noticing that my Golden Retriever has been having some trouble going upstairs, lately. He'll be 7 this year... so he's getting older, but it still makes me sad to see. :( He was the most energetic and lively dog I've ever had, so it's upsetting to see him slow down.

dria021772

I've been noticing that my Golden Retriever has been having some trouble going upstairs, lately. He'll be 7 this year... so he's getting older, but it still makes me sad to see. :( He was the most energetic and lively dog I've ever had, so it's upsetting to see him slow down.

It makes me sad to see how slow I am going up the stairs now :cry: Getting old is a BITCH!!!!

captain peroxide

I'm getting a mara and I don't care what Dai says.

540px-Mara_in_captivity.jpg

It's the most awesome animal I've ever seen.

I'm also getting a dog the size of a small bear.

2427409.jpg

• Like 1

chewychorizo

I love St. Bernards, I want one one day.

I need to put a picture up of my guinea pig Alby soon. he's an albino. right now he's currently nibbling my hair.

captain peroxide

They're the same family, but capybaras are bigger.

capybara.jpg

That's a capybara. Maras are a fair bit smaller than that, around 2-2.5 feet snout to tail. But they are just amazing. And I want one :happy:

Dai.

a whatnow? it looks like someone bred a deer with a jackrabbit.

I know, right?! I'm so confused as to why he'd want to have one of those things in our house... I mean, is it a dog, is it a bunny, is it a rat? Is it Superman? I don't know!

dria021772

They're the same family, but capybaras are bigger.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Q94ggLvDKLc/StyAHMgYzDI/AAAAAAAAB0A/r-WCrpYP0e0/s400/capybara.jpg

That's a capybara. Maras are a fair bit smaller than that, around 2-2.5 feet snout to tail. But they are just amazing. And I want one :happy:

OMG that is so cute!!! At first I thought that thing was just creepy looking but the bathtub picture sold me. But again I like 4 legs much better than 2 :blush:

Edited by Dai.
Don't quote IMG tags, please.

captain peroxide

I know, right?! I'm so confused as to why he'd want to have one of those things in our house... I mean, is it a dog, is it a bunny, is it a rat? Is it Superman? I don't know!

It's a Patagonian cavy / mara, and it's awesome :mad:

OMG that is so cute!!!

Exactly! Although capys aren't easy to keep as pets, so that'd be a bad idea.