Pets

maryjanewhatsername

Since moving out on my own, my fur family has expanded :wub:

8qZCTXa.jpg

Maggie (dog) meeting Peaches (kitten) :wub:

O7kgp1N.jpg

Et4Z842.jpg

bzwKAwJ.jpg

So far liking having my own space for the fur kiddos and to be with my boyfriend :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Khaleesi.

I picked up a little baby leopard gecko a week ago :wub: His name is Quill. 

He's only a few weeks old and he's so tiny and cute! I don't have any pictures of him yet as he's still quite skittish and spends all his time in his hide (except for when he comes out to eat... then he'll grab a cricket and run back to safety). I haven't tried to touch him or pick him up yet because I want to give him lots of time to get used to his new surroundings. After I feed him, I keep my hand in his tank for a few minutes so he can get used to my scent/my hand being around. He doesn't seem terrified of it... he just watches it from his cave, but he hasn't been interested or curious enough about it to come out and give it a smell/lick yet. I'm trying to be patient and let him go at his own pace, but I just want to love him!! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Little Boy Named Airplane
39 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

His name is Quill

Quill like Peter Quill like Star Lord?
Or not at all?

• Love 1

Khaleesi.
4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Quill like Peter Quill like Star Lord?
Or not at all?

Yes! He's named after Star Lord, the legendary outlaw :wub: 

giphy.gif

Little Boy Named Airplane
49 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

Yes! He's named after Star Lord, the legendary outlaw :wub: 

OMG! I'm in love with your baby leopard gecko then!!

• Like 1

Mar

Because my life is ridiculous, my phone also died this week and I had to buy a cheap replacement. Too bad it doesn't make this thing and his 73848937893 layers of mane (haircut coming tomorrow) any less ugly.

nyMHCpP.jpg 

• Love 1

Beerjeezus

Oh my god I want to give them belly rubs

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mar

@Nightlife So cute! Is the third one a Munchkin?

Update: Smol Ted

dPt9z8R.jpg

ejICOGdh.jpg

• Like 1

Nightlife
5 hours ago, Mar said:

@Nightlife So cute! Is the third one a Munchkin?

Haha no, her legs just looks really short in that photo! 

AlissaGoesRAWR

I've been a wreck, battling an infection outbreak in my aquarium for two weeks likely spurred by overfeeding by our fish-sitter while I was on vacation. It wasn't her fault, I think I set aside too much food on accident because I've been a scatterbrained mess these days. I lost one of my fish (he wasn't even showing symptoms and just disappeared, it's the weirdest thing) and now my favorite clownfish is the only one who hasn't recovered. I've set her up in a separate hospital tank and I'm dosing her with strong medications but I really don't know if she's going to make it.

Everything has been stable for months and it's just so heartbreaking to see this happening. I've done everything I can but I just sit and cry because now all I can do is wait.

I don't get how people don't understand trying to save them, though. So often I hear things like "why would you give a fish medicine?" and "that seems like too much work," like they're somehow less important than a cat or a dog because they aren't fuzzy and live in the water? Like you wouldn't take your cat or dog to a vet for help if they were sick...?

• Sad 1

Nightlife
5 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I've been a wreck, battling an infection outbreak in my aquarium for two weeks likely spurred by overfeeding by our fish-sitter while I was on vacation. It wasn't her fault, I think I set aside too much food on accident because I've been a scatterbrained mess these days. I lost one of my fish (he wasn't even showing symptoms and just disappeared, it's the weirdest thing) and now my favorite clownfish is the only one who hasn't recovered. I've set her up in a separate hospital tank and I'm dosing her with strong medications but I really don't know if she's going to make it.

Everything has been stable for months and it's just so heartbreaking to see this happening. I've done everything I can but I just sit and cry because now all I can do is wait.

I don't get how people don't understand trying to save them, though. So often I hear things like "why would you give a fish medicine?" and "that seems like too much work," like they're somehow less important than a cat or a dog because they aren't fuzzy and live in the water? Like you wouldn't take your cat or dog to a vet for help if they were sick...?

I'm so sorry this is happening and that people don't understand! I hope everything works out for you and your beloved pets. 

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
32 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

I'm so sorry this is happening and that people don't understand! I hope everything works out for you and your beloved pets. 

Thank you. :hug:

I acknowledge that thicker skin would make this a lot easier, since saltwater fish are fragile and difficult to care for in captivity, but I never want to get to the point where I don't care at all.