Dai.

Pets

Frank's Penis

Beathe.

I'm taking one of my degus to the vet tomorrow. She's making really weird noises when she breathes now and then. :(

Stormy Haze

I hope y'all adopt your pets rather than buying 'em...

I do :) I think that it's kinda sad that some people are willing to pay so much money for an animal only because they have a breed. There are lots of abandoned animals out there waiting to be adopted and they're the cutest, sweetest creatures ever. I'd adopt every abandoned animal out there if I could, obviously it's impossible to do so.

The other day I was talking to my friend and she said that her English Bulldog had cost about 1000€. I was like "WOW, why would you pay so much for her when there are so many animals that you could adopt for free?" and she said that she liked having breed dogs better and they were better than mixed-breed ones. For crying out loud! My cat is a mixed-breed but (and I don't wanna brag) she's one of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen, not to mention she's just amazing in general. I don't have anything against people buying animals, but I think it would be better for them to simply adopt one...

• Like 1

Lyz Z

My Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. <3

IMG_0854.jpg?t=1298323187

That's Sally, when she was a puppy. She's turning 4 this year.

DSCF3261.jpg?t=1298323183

Aaaand that's Maya being a doofus. She turns 5 in October

tigress

I have no pets, can't afford 'em. :sleep: Desperately want to adopt a cat or two. I hope y'all adopt your pets rather than buying 'em...

All of my animals have always been rescues. My mom and I have actually done cat rescue my whole life, we currently have one orange male tabby that needs a wonderful home. I've rescued other animals and have found them homes as well - dogs, a bunny that was left behind and a hamster that someone threw away in a dumpster.

• Like 1

Nimrod99

I have no pets, can't afford 'em. :sleep: Desperately want to adopt a cat or two. I hope y'all adopt your pets rather than buying 'em...

My calico cat was a stray who was found at my mom's workplace. She had no hair on her chin or nose from trying to get over a brick wall. My current horse was kind of a rescue. She was one of my neighbor's broodmares (my neighbor was a nice person, but she tried to start a big business way too soon), and they didn't get along with eachother because Tashi rejected her first foal due to stress and the foal was sick. The only animal of mine that was bought at a petstore was my iguana (and I didn't know of any iguana rescue groups in my area when I got her over 10 years ago). I got my dog from a lady at my mom's work. I have rescued and rehomed an iguana, which was a sad situation. His owner went on vacation and was going to drown him when she got back because she simply didn't want him anymore. He ended up going to a herpetologist who loves him dearly. I also adopted a dog from the humane society and rehomed her with a family who had a ton of acreage that was fenced and had other dogs that she could play with (this was before I got my current dog).

• Like 2

stuart_and_the_ave

Aww everyone's pets are so cute :)

I have 4 cats and 3 guinea pigs

Piggies - I think they are about 3 now

n284201860_2982879_4812.jpg

Stumpy - he's 14 and really lazy and grumpy at times but we still love him.

DSC04031.jpg

Whitney (named after Mount Whitney in america) - she is about 9/10. She was advertised in the paper for £5. She had just had kittens and they were all sold along with the parents. The house we got her from wasn't very nice and the dad and son didn't even bother to look away from the football match to say bye to her.

She is such a friendly cat and waits all day for me to sit down so she can sit on my lap :)

DSC03905.jpg

Sparky - Whitneys son, he's 6 and pretty big cat. He is very quiet, hardly ever meows

sparkyinthesnow.jpg

Pongo - he'll almost 2. We took his mum in when she was pregnant as she was apparently a stray. We had to give mum away because she didn't get along with our other cats and it got to the stage where Whitney stopped eating :(

about 2 months old

pongo1.jpg

about 18 months

DSC05727.jpg

hmm that ended up being quite long

Stormy Haze

Aww everyone's pets are so cute :)

I completely agree with you! They're all cute, especially the cats. I like dogs but I have this thing for cats :wub:

• Like 1

stuart_and_the_ave

I completely agree with you! They're all cute, especially the cats. I like dogs but I have a thing for cats :wub:

I've been wanting a dog since I was about 10 but Dad refuses to get one. But I have my cats so it's all good :wub:

Sarabeth

I have to adopt mine! I wish I could adopt all of the animals at the animal shelter! It made me sad that my mom would only let me take one cat. If I could, Id own a zoo. :lol:

hellsbells

My Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. <3

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af129/Liixxiiee/IMG_0854.jpg?t=1298323187

That's Sally, when she was a puppy. She's turning 4 this year.

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af129/Liixxiiee/DSCF3261.jpg?t=1298323183

Aaaand that's Maya being a doofus. She turns 5 in October

AWW!! your dogs remind me of our dog we had, he was called Charlie and he used to speak you'd offer him a biscuit and he'd say "yum,yum,yum" and he could spell too!! we'd say W.A.L.K. and he'd go mental and sit by his lead!!

Edited by Dai.
Don't quote IMG tags, please.

sid_wolf

Mine arent from shelters, even though we know our breed (siberian huskies) really well and cater for all their needs, we couldnt rescue as our house and garden wouldnt pass the home checks. Its sad that shelters have blanket rules, it stops potential good owners from saving a dog/cat :(

Kira and grey are private rehomes though, so not from breeders, we may get one from a breeder one day, because I want a pup from a particular working background.

I edited my other post and put the pics in spoilers cus it was making the page jump about as they were loading

Edited by sid_wolf

hellsbells

Aww everyone's pets are so cute :)I have 4 cats and 3 guinea pigsPiggies - I think they are about 3 now

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=110&t=83620&qpid=4327381

My guinea pigs didnt make it through this winter it was really sad my daughter called them Delilah and Georgia. But we still have our Rabbit Misty!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100000967112882&aid=266#!/photo.php?fbid=121292914579612&set=a.101022556606648.266.100000967112882&theater I hope that Link thingy works for face book I'm unsure what the first red linky thing is!!

Edited by Dai.
Don't quote IMG tags, please.

stuart_and_the_ave

My guinea pigs didnt make it through this winter it was really sad my daughter called them Delilah and Georgia. But we still have our Rabbit Misty!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100000967112882&aid=266#!/photo.php?fbid=121292914579612&set=a.101022556606648.266.100000967112882&theater I hope that Link thingy works for face book I'm unsure what the first red linky thing is!!

Aww sorry to hear that :(

We bring ours inside in November and they go back out in March/April. It's more fun having them inside and they soon learn the sound of the fridge opening and start squeaking for vegetables

he facebook link didn't work for me, maybe it's set to private

hellsbells

We bring ours inside in November and they go back out in March/April. It's more fun having them inside and they soon learn the sound of the fridge opening and start squeaking for vegetables

Yeah I didnt have anywhere inside the house to put the guinea pigs but they were in the shed and covered up perhaps it was too harsh for them even in there! Just realised my fb pics are set to private coz I've got pics of the kids on there,,, doh! and I'm not sure how to post pics on here.

taybay

I have two cats named Tony (thought he looked Italian) and Andre (named when I was four after Andre the seal). They're both pretty old haha.

This is Tony (:

aczdds.jpg

Dai.

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=110&t=83620&qpid=4327381

You need to stop quoting IMG tags.

Beathe.

Yeah. =/ Having pets is really expensive.

I've adopted my dog and rat. The rest of my pets has been born in my house. :)

Sugaree

this is Freddie, he was born on Valentine's day. He is Freddie Mercury namesake :happy:

wik110.jpg

Harriet

My piggy lives in my room all year round. We've had outside guinea pigs before but since Quivers was born indoors we decided to keep him to what he was used to. That way I can see him all the time and I don't have to worry about cats or foxes getting at him outside. And you're completely right about the fridge thing, it drives me insane :rolleyes:

Graysen

Currently I have a cat named Midnight and a rabbit named Orio. In the past I had two other rabbits, Flopsy and Mopsy as well as...2 or 3 guinea pigs (which were all my brother's) and many, many, many fish.

ParadoxAndPlaid

I wish I had gotten a picture, my dog came in this morning covered in snow.

It was precious, she shook it all off by the time I got my camera.

Ally

I've not got any pets anymore and i hate it. Soon as I can i'm gonna get another pair of rats, out of all the animals i've had its my rat i miss the most and she died 6 years ago.

I used to have a dog but he died ages ago, and had a budgie at the same time, then i had two other budgies and a rat but now they have all died. :(

I miss my animals, i am closed to animals than i am people half the time...I am like dr dolittle half the time haha

ParadoxAndPlaid

awdx0g.jpg

This is how my dog Libby likes to sit on our couch, we didn't pose her that way; she does it herself.

And if you try to move her; she gets mad. :rolleyes:

November's Storms

I will always love my dog more than any other member of my family, and as a general rule I love animals more than humans!

My dog's name is Cookie (we got her from a pet rescue centre and we were told she was a tough cookie and had been through a lot) and shes the most adorable/loveable/friendliest animal I know. Obviously I'm a little biased! She has a light brown coat with a white tip on her tail and little white paws that make it look like shes wearing socks.

If I could I would have as many animals as possible without it being unhygienic or bad for the animals.

• Like 1