Green Day Question and Answer Thread

tapdancingowl

thank you to the people that helped me out (:

see i had heard that on lookouts records they had paper lanterns released on acoustic so thats why i thought maybe there was a difference.

the reprise version includes that accoustic versoin as an extra, but I think the lookouts' version doesn't include it :)

As far as I know the only album demos we have are the Dookie Demos, link the 5th one down from the top.

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?showtopic=41602

There was a demo for 21st Century Breakdown (the song) floating around last year, but it wasn't supposed to be, so honestly, I don't know where you'll find it.

EDIT: Hmmm, I went looking for it myself, and I can't find it. With my shitty memory, I actually can't remember if the 21CB demo was an actual song or just the lyrics now, lol.

It was a song, with a few changes in the lyrics and a piano intro. I think I have a download link lying around but I'm not sure if I can post it here. I can send it through PM if you like :)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

next question, where can i find a good, clear picture of the peacemaker album artwork for 21cb? like a full picture with the gun and the flower coming out of it. if i remember correctly they had a really nice version of it on the green day rock band game, but i don't own it so i'm not sure. i want to use it to get a tattoo.

What about this? It's not full flower but its close

http://content.artistarena.com/greenday/wpseries/peacemaker_1280.jpg

Where can I download all of the demos for album (the ones that exist) I found some dookie ones awhile ago and I was wondering i anyone could point me to where I can find links for them all? thankyou. Im so sorry if this isnt allowed in that case just ignore me :)

I have the demo version of the song 21 Century Breakdown saved on my computer (my friend emailed it to me :dance: i thought it was the album version, so i was really excited...but it turned out to be the demo :ermm: )

I'll send you a PM

I have the demo version of the song 21 Century Breakdown saved on my computer (my friend emailed it to me :dance: i thought it was the album version, so i was really excited...but it turned out to be the demo :ermm: )

I'll send you a PM

i used to have the demo version on my computer before i did the system restore.

it was amazing.

it was a bit longer, with an extra line or two and some words were different.

i wish they would just release a record of all their demos and recorded songs that didn't make the cut.

:D

the reprise version includes that accoustic versoin as an extra, but I think the lookouts' version doesn't include it :)

It was a song, with a few changes in the lyrics and a piano intro. I think I have a download link lying around but I'm not sure if I can post it here. I can send it through PM if you like :)

Thanks so much! It was bothering me so much this morning, that I asked around, and someone sent it to me. It was showing on my media player, but when I went to play it, it kept saying that the source was not found. I appreciate the reply, tho! :)

Thanks so much! It was bothering me so much this morning, that I asked around, and someone sent it to me. It was showing on my media player, but when I went to play it, it kept saying that the source was not found. I appreciate the reply, tho! :)

i'll send you a pm then :)

i used to have the demo version on my computer before i did the system restore.

it was amazing.

it was a bit longer, with an extra line or two and some words were different.

i wish they would just release a record of all their demos and recorded songs that didn't make the cut.

:D

I really like the begining piano on the demo! i was surprised that they didn't keep it

When i heard the actual released album version of the song, i kept messing up on the lines they changed :lol:

They should make another Shenanigans-like album with all demos or something, i really want to hear those! i loved the original ones from Dookie

New question

Is it true that over 40 songs were made when creating the latest album?

Who does the backup vocals live? I see mike and jason white sometimes doing it but mostly jason freese.

Who does the backup vocals live? I see mike and jason white sometimes doing it but mostly jason freese.

I think that Jeff sings too

i was one of those who suggested this thread.. :happy:

who sang back-up in dominated love slave?

New question

Is it true that over 40 songs were made when creating the latest album?

according to some magazines (such as Kerrang and RS, if i remember correctly) they wrote about 30-40 songs around 2007/2008. not sure about how many of them actually got finished and recorded.

this is one of the articles i mentioned before. i think its from kerrang, not sure though.

Did they get fans up on stage on the AI tour?

Yeah, not as many as now though.

As far as I remember, they used to get people on stage to shoot water before Jaded and during Knowledge to play.

Is Billie's middle name 'Joe'?

I was always under the impression that 'Billie Joe' was his first name.

Seems like a silly question, but I've never known the answer.. :)

um ok when you put 1039/smoothed out slappy hours in your computer and you get the bonus featurs like the pictures and stuff adn videos. well i was watching the videos and i was wondering if there was another way to watch these videos on the internet. maybe youtube or something. but if there was i really wouldnt know what to look for. i hope this quesstin made sense and i hope someone could help me outplease. (:

Is Billie's middle name 'Joe'?

I was always under the impression that 'Billie Joe' was his first name.

Seems like a silly question, but I've never known the answer.. :)

I'll have to check the Spitz book to confirm my recollection, but I do think his given name (full, legal first name) is "Billie Joe". Not William Joseph or any other variation or spelling like that. Apparently Mom's labor meds (remember, delivery in the late 60's wasn't anything like it is today -- they'd wheel mommy back to the delivery room and knock her effin' *loopy*) hadn't fully worn off yet when she filled out the newborn-naming form at the hospital.

I'll have to check the Spitz book to confirm my recollection, but I do think his given name (full, legal first name) is "Billie Joe". Not William Joseph or any other variation or spelling like that. Apparently Mom's labor meds (remember, delivery in the late 60's wasn't anything like it is today -- they'd wheel mommy back to the delivery room and knock her effin' *loopy*) hadn't fully worn off yet when she filled out the newborn-naming form at the hospital.

See, that's what I thought..

So, does he just not have a middle name?

So, does he just not have a middle name?

I think that's correct.

um ok when you put 1039/smoothed out slappy hours in your computer and you get the bonus featurs like the pictures and stuff adn videos. well i was watching the videos and i was wondering if there was another way to watch these videos on the internet. maybe youtube or something. but if there was i really wouldnt know what to look for. i hope this quesstin made sense and i hope someone could help me outplease. (:

don't they had the names? :blink: I'll check now :)

actually, that's the myth. In Oklahoma, where's she's from, Billie Joe is a common guy name. Poor people.

Yay! :D Happy this thread has been created. Will give it a lot of use soon but for now;

I've been wondering for ages what date the music video for American Idiot was released? I've tried searching online and going through the GDA archives but I can't seem to find an answer. Also if there were different release dates for different regions I'd like to know the UK one. Thanks! :)

(I'm pretty sure it was near the end of August, if that's any help..)

actually, that's the myth. In Oklahoma, where's she's from, Billie Joe is a common guy name. Poor people.

Exactly. that's just a myth. In many interviews he said he got his name because he's mum is from Oklahoma.

Yay! :D Happy this thread has been created. Will give it a lot of use soon but for now;

I've been wondering for ages what date the music video for American Idiot was released? I've tried searching online and going through the GDA archives but I can't seem to find an answer. Also if there were different release dates for different regions I'd like to know the UK one. Thanks! :)

(I'm pretty sure it was near the end of August, if that's any help..)

GDA says august 2004. According to wikipedia, the single was released on August 31st. No more info though =/

Exactly. that's just a myth. In many interviews he said he got his name because he's mum is from Oklahoma.

from 1:11 :D

girl boner :ninja:

okay, i have a question.. what's the deal with the videos for 21cb? i don't keep up with things that much, so i know about know your enemy, last of the american girls, 21st century breakdown, 21 guns etc. but do any other songs have videos? thanks :)

okay, i have a question.. what's the deal with the videos for 21cb? i don't keep up with things that much, so i know about know your enemy, last of the american girls, 21st century breakdown, 21 guns etc. but do any other songs have videos? thanks :)

They made some official live videos. there's the one for East Jesus Nowhere which was released as UK single.

they also have live videos for Last Night On Earth, Murder City, American Eulogy, 21 Guns, 21st Century Breakdown and Know Your Enemy.

They made some official live videos. there's the one for East Jesus Nowhere which was released as UK single.

they also have live videos for Last Night On Earth, Murder City, American Eulogy, 21 Guns, 21st Century Breakdown and Know Your Enemy.

ohh, okay. thanks eli (:

Archived