Green Day Question and Answer Thread

tapdancingowl

actually, that's the myth. In Oklahoma, where's she's from, Billie Joe is a common guy name. Poor people.

Yes, but the feminine spelling ("Billie" instead of "Billy") isn't common.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but the feminine spelling ("Billie" instead of "Billy") isn't common.

really? I thought it was. At least down here there are femine girls that are usually used for guys :blink:

GDA says august 2004. According to wikipedia, the single was released on August 31st. No more info though =/

Yeah.. :\

I'm sure someone here must know when exactly though?!

I think it was definitely the twenty-something-th of August but I'd really like to know the exact date cause I'm weird like that. :lol:

Thanks! :D

Yeah.. :\

I'm sure someone here must know when exactly though?!

I think it was definitely the twenty-something-th of August but I'd really like to know the exact date cause I'm weird like that. :lol:

Thanks! :D

don't worry, i'm like that too :lol: i think i'll be the rest of the day with that question bugging me :lol:

EDIT: Ok, according to MTV, the video was posted there on August 11th, 2004, so the release date would be around that date, right? :woot:

:lol: Okay, I got a good one.. Let's try and think of all the names Green Day/Sweet Children went through (even in the very early days when they were just messing around) cause there were many!!

Blood Rage is a particular favorite of mine. LOL :lol:

Condom, Desecrated Youth...

Anyone know anymore?! :lol:

don't worry, i'm like that too :lol: i think i'll be the rest of the day with that question bugging me :lol:

EDIT: Ok, according to MTV, the video was posted there on August 11th, 2004, so the release date would be around that date, right? :woot:

:lol: Aww!

Ooh! Thank you! :woot: I think it was possibly online for a good few days (even a couple of weeks?!) before it made it to tv but this has helped narrow it down. :D

:lol: Okay, I got a good one.. Let's try and think of all the names Green Day/Sweet Children went through (even in the very early days when they were just messing around) cause there were many!!

phahaha I've never heard of those :lol: Where did they mention these names?

I could totally imagine if they had kept one of these, Welcome to Condom Community !!! :lol:

phahaha I've never heard of those :lol: Where did they mention these names?

I could totally imagine if they had kept one of these, Welcome to Condom Community !!! :lol:

I think Blood Rage was mentioned in that big Kerrang Green Day special and the other two were possibly mentioned in the biography, Nobody Likes You. Sorry if I'm wrong!

AHAHAHAHA!!! xD That made me laugh so much! omg

i was one of those who suggested this thread.. :happy:

who sang back-up in dominated love slave?

the album version from kerplunk?

mike sang back up.

I think Blood Rage was mentioned in that big Kerrang Green Day special and the other two were possibly mentioned in the biography, Nobody Likes You. Sorry if I'm wrong!

AHAHAHAHA!!! xD That made me laugh so much! omg

Thanks a lot for the info. I guess you learn something new every day :lol: Even if that includes your favourite band being quite.. creative in choosing their names :lol: Blood Rage - yeah it does sound like something Billie would suggest :lol:

Thanks a lot for the info. I guess you learn something new every day :lol: Even if that includes your favourite band being quite.. creative in choosing their names :lol: Blood Rage - yeah it does sound like something Billie would suggest :lol:

:lol: No problem! Haha, I just find it such a hilarious name.

I just checked my Kerrang magazine btw and yeah, it said they were called Blood Rage in it. Also mentioned the name, 'Truant'. This was still when they were playing metal covers and stuff.

Anyone know anymore names?! :D

i was one of those who suggested this thread.. :happy:

who sang back-up in dominated love slave?

I'd say it's Mike.

does anyone know the story behind haushinka?

i've been on a nimrod kick for about a week now, and i've listened to the album non-stop on the way to and from work.

there is something really intriguing about haushinka to me, that i didn't feel before.

what's the story?

did billie ever make a statement in any interviews about who she was?

i've been on a nimrod kick for about a week now, and i've listened to the album non-stop on the way to and from work.

there is something really intriguing about haushinka to me, that i didn't feel before.

what's the story?

I've read somewhere that she was a girl he used to write letters with or something

I dont know if thats the story but thats what i know ^^

it's about a girl Billie met in Japan (named Haushinka) while touring. He told her that he'd write a song about her. It was written in 1992.

that's what I found on GDA in the song meaning section. I'm not sure if it's true though :)

EDIT: Now that I thought about it, it can't be true as they didn't tour in Japan in '92 :lol:

:lol: No problem! Haha, I just find it such a hilarious name.

I just checked my Kerrang magazine btw and yeah, it said they were called Blood Rage in it. Also mentioned the name, 'Truant'. This was still when they were playing metal covers and stuff.

Anyone know anymore names?! :D

From what I've read I don't think Blood Rage was one of Green Day's old names. It was a different band that Billie was in when he was like 13 or 14 - a really bad heavy metal type of band (which explains the name :lol:).

:lol: Aww!

Ooh! Thank you! :woot: I think it was possibly online for a good few days (even a couple of weeks?!) before it made it to tv but this has helped narrow it down. :D

you're welcome... Damn you, google, for not having more info :lol:

and I was gonna say Truant, but you already posted it :lol:

what's the story?

I once read that it was a girl that he met on their first tour in Japan... Which brings another question: When was Green Day's first tour to Japan?

From what I've read I don't think Blood Rage was one of Green Day's old names. It was a different band that Billie was in when he was like 13 or 14 - a really bad heavy metal type of band (which explains the name :lol:).

I thought it was a band where he and Mike played metal with other people :lol:

I thought it was a band where he and Mike played metal with other people :lol:

Oh yeah Mike might've been in it too, still could be a seperate band though.

I've seen a couple of Green Day fans say, "It'll be a pole." and I have no idea where that originated from or what it means. Help?

I've seen a couple of Green Day fans say, "It'll be a pole." and I have no idea where that originated from or what it means. Help?

NYC FHT ambush concerts earlier this year, around the AIOB opening week in late April. The Rev tweeted this:

2wna5xx.jpg

that reminded me... what the heck means sting? or is just a made up word by the rev?

that reminded me... what the heck means sting? or is just a made up word by the rev?

I wonder this too...

I once read that it was a girl that he met on their first tour in Japan... Which brings another question: When was Green Day's first tour to Japan?

January 1996

what's the story?

i remember from somewhere that its about a girl billie joe met in japan , thats about all i know. BTW the grouch my favourite song off nimrod

Have you ever had really crappy tickets so you wanted to sneak into the pit.

NYC FHT ambush concerts earlier this year, around the AIOB opening week in late April. The Rev tweeted this:

2wna5xx.jpg

Thank you!

Archived