Green Day Question and Answer Thread

tapdancingowl

Green Day Questions & Answers Thread

Ask all your random Green Day questions here!

Many times people have a simple question about Green Day and don't know if it's thread worthy or not. To help reduce clutter in Green Day Chat, we've decided to leave a pinned thread where members can ask simple Green Day questions that need an answer, such as:

When was Kerplunk/Nimrod/etc released?

What are the lyrics to x/y/z?

What equipment does the band use?

Who created the artwork for 21CB/AI/etc?

And so on. If you have a question that you think has a one sentence or one word answer, this is the place to ask it! If you have something that's more of an opinion/discussion question, it's probably thread worthy, and you can open a new thread.

Enjoy.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome :D

ok to be the first question, i was wondering if there was 1039/smoothed out slappy hours let out on lookout records and if so what is the difference of that and 1039/SOSH released on reprise. um did that make sense? i hope so

ok to be the first question, i was wondering if there was 1039/smoothed out slappy hours let out on lookout records and if so what is the difference of that and 1039/SOSH released on reprise. um did that make sense? i hope so

I just found this on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/039-Smoothed-Out-Slappy-Hours/dp/B00018U8NK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1279596304&sr=8-1

If you scroll down, it says it is Lookout Records.

Not sure what the difference is from the one released on Reprise though.

answer: yes. 1039/sosh was on lookout until a few years ago. reprise reissued it, and basically just updated the CD format and tossed in a few extras, as far as i know. they didn't remaster it, did they?

next question, where can i find a good, clear picture of the peacemaker album artwork for 21cb? like a full picture with the gun and the flower coming out of it. if i remember correctly they had a really nice version of it on the green day rock band game, but i don't own it so i'm not sure. i want to use it to get a tattoo.

Does it need to be bigger than this?

http://sp0.fotolog.com/photo/0/56/91/66jimmy_saint99/1246073433172_f.jpg

Also, that's going to be a fucking awesome tattoo.

that size is perfect, but i'd like one where you can see the whole gun and the whole flower. that one has the whole flower and like half the gun, and i've seen another one with the whole gun and half the flower but i cant find a picture of the whole thing together :(

and thanks! haha i am really excited for it. as soon as i saw that artwork on rock band i thought it would look amazing as a tat.

I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything!

thank you to the people that helped me out (:

see i had heard that on lookouts records they had paper lanterns released on acoustic so thats why i thought maybe there was a difference.

39/smooth was released on lookout until 2002, i believe, when reprise re-released it with rare live video and audio and the songs were also remastered for better quality

39/smooth was released on lookout until 2002, i believe, when reprise re-released it with rare live video and audio and the songs were also remastered for better quality

thank you :happy:

No worries, it makes perfect sense! The 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours album released on Lookout! is the original version, whereas the 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours album released on Reprise is completely remastered and restored. No extra songs or artwork or anything like that, just a slightly updated plastic case and copyright information on the back! ;)

What brand of eyeliner does Billy Jo wear?

MAC, of course. Only the best for Billie.

No, but seriously, it looks like he just wears whatever's laying around, judging by this picture:

http://dev.out.com/images/193/billieJoe2.jpg

Yes, I realise this wasn't a serious question, but I wanted to answer it anyway for fun. :lol:

where can i find a good, clear picture of the peacemaker album artwork for 21cb? like a full picture with the gun and the flower coming out of it. if i remember correctly they had a really nice version of it on the green day rock band game, but i don't own it so i'm not sure. i want to use it to get a tattoo.

I've got a HQ image that I'm going to PM you right now! :happy:

Mallory, would you mind sending that image my way as well? :)

next question, where can i find a good, clear picture of the peacemaker album artwork for 21cb? like a full picture with the gun and the flower coming out of it. if i remember correctly they had a really nice version of it on the green day rock band game, but i don't own it so i'm not sure. i want to use it to get a tattoo.

http://content.artistarena.com/greenday/wpseries/peacemaker_1440.jpg :)

Sure thing! :happy:

What brand of eyeliner does Billy Jo wear?

Maybe he's born with it. ;)

Me too, please?

and thanks, Clover! :)

Maybe he's born with it. ;)

Me too, please?

and thanks, Clover! :)

I added you to the PM Mallory sent me, you should be able to see the image link. :wub:

I added you to the PM Mallory sent me, you should be able to see the image link. :wub:

Yep I got it - thanks!!! :wub: I've always loved that image.

Oh, that's what happened! I was so freakin' confused, like, 'Why is Clover in here?! And how? And why is *withoutadoubt* thanking her?! Wait, I never sent it to *withoutadoubt* ... ARGH WHATTT.'

:lol:

I was highly bewildered. I think it's time for me to go to bed, LOL.

Oh, that's what happened! I was so freakin' confused, like, 'Why is Clover in here?! And how? And why is *withoutadoubt* thanking her?! Wait, I never sent it to *withoutadoubt* ... ARGH WHATTT.'

:lol:

I was highly bewildered. I think it's time for me to go to bed, LOL.

and here I was thinking I was thanking you, lol. Well - thanks to both of you, and goodnight!

Where can I download all of the demos for album (the ones that exist) I found some dookie ones awhile ago and I was wondering i anyone could point me to where I can find links for them all? thankyou. Im so sorry if this isnt allowed in that case just ignore me :)

Where can I download all of the demos for album (the ones that exist) I found some dookie ones awhile ago and I was wondering i anyone could point me to where I can find links for them all? thankyou. Im so sorry if this isnt allowed in that case just ignore me :)

As far as I know the only album demos we have are the Dookie Demos, link the 5th one down from the top.

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?showtopic=41602

There was a demo for 21st Century Breakdown (the song) floating around last year, but it wasn't supposed to be, so honestly, I don't know where you'll find it.

EDIT: Hmmm, I went looking for it myself, and I can't find it. With my shitty memory, I actually can't remember if the 21CB demo was an actual song or just the lyrics now, lol.

ok i was just wondering:

What is the Bullwinkle's relation to Green Day? because i always here people talking about the bullwinkle and green day and was wondering what the connection is.

ok i was just wondering:

What is the Bullwinkle's relation to Green Day? because i always here people talking about the bullwinkle and green day and was wondering what the connection is.

The Bullwinkle, if I recall correctly, is a sex position that Tre supposedly made up. He mentions it in 100 Percent on Fuse back in the AI era.

Might be remembering wrong, but I think that's it.

ok i was just wondering:

In an interview a few years ago Tre indicated he has made up a new sex position called the bullwinkle.. Its not very clear what that position is.. there are many theories out there but only Tre actually knows what it is..

edit: Beaten to it but yeah thats what it is..

Archived