Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
There are only a couple days left to send in your entries for the Kerplunk Cover Contest

We're implementing a new warning policy. Check it out here.

Photo

Dreams and sleeping.

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

Iva

Iva
  • "BUT R2D2 ejaculated at him!" - Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,640 rep

That's what she says now and once you are a cat, she'll take you to be spayed! 

• Morrissey. likes this

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • It could be bunnies.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,351 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 20,605 rep

That's what she says now and once you are a cat, she'll take you to be spayed! 

But that's a whole other nightmare in itself.

• Iva likes this

Iva

Iva

• 7,282 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,640 rep

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Dearly Beloved

• 7,734 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 6,098 rep

at which point Hayley turned into a fat, 40 year old Indian guy with bright blue eyes who I used to know from work.

Oh my God :lol:

I had a dream last night where my Lights tickets arrived and were mistakenly for my college lecturer's band, so I crashed Lights' wedding to ask her tour manager to change them for me. He did and then went to buy jelly while pushing someone in a wheelchair. She's already married and I don't even know who her tour manager is. Go figure.

• Iva and Morrissey. like this

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,847 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 7,025 rep

Had a dream last night that my boss had changed his morning schedule (I could see his calendar in my dream).  So instead of coming in at 10 he came in at the normal time.

Then I dreamt that I had hit my alarm and went back to sleep.  Luckily that wasn't true.

However, I should have realized these dreams were foreshadowing for an awful day ahead.  Boss in fact had changed his calendar and was in really early.  And although I woke up on time I was 2 minutes late to work and he was in his office.  :(

Sadly it continued to go downhill from there.  I need happy dreams tonight.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 14,362 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,980 rep

Had a dream last night that my boss had changed his morning schedule (I could see his calendar in my dream).  So instead of coming in at 10 he came in at the normal time.

Then I dreamt that I had hit my alarm and went back to sleep.  Luckily that wasn't true.

However, I should have realized these dreams were foreshadowing for an awful day ahead.  Boss in fact had changed his calendar and was in really early.  And although I woke up on time I was 2 minutes late to work and he was in his office.  :(

Sadly it continued to go downhill from there.  I need happy dreams tonight.

Shitty about your day, but the foreshadowing is sort of interesting.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,847 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 7,025 rep

Shitty about your day, but the foreshadowing is sort of interesting.

Yeah, it's something that happens to me a lot.  I don't always recognize it but sometimes I do and sometimes it involves other people so I have to be careful about mentioning what I've dreamt.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 15,494 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,195 rep

how does everyone have such vivid dreams? Like vivid enough to notice details about the length of your hair, or to actually speak to people. All my dreams are just hazy, vague ideas and locations. Almost as if I was watching a movie on fast forward. I never really see or hear or smell anything, but it's like I'm being told what to see. As if I was playing one of those text computer games like "you see a person. They say hello." blah blah blah. And it's over so quickly I never have time to question whether it's a dream or not.

I can remember maybe 2 vivid dreams I've had. Vivid enough for people involved to actually have details, and for me to be aware of what's going on. One was when I was a kid, I was standing on the front balcony of my dad's house. All of a sudden there was a fire behind me. I climbed over the railing, then I heard "3...2...1...GO" and a fire truck drove up and sprayed their hose at me. It hit me so hard I fell and woke up in mid-air. But I actually heard the voice counting down! And another dream where I was running through a hallway at school being chased by a completely white zombie. It was terrifying, I remember what he looked like too (and who he was supposed to represent).

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,760 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,335 rep
What was supposed to be a short post-work nap turned into a full eight hour sleep because my life is ridiculous because I have no control in my life :)

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • It could be bunnies.

• 18,351 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 20,605 rep

My sleep pattern is fucked again. The other day I slept from 10am-9pm, then I was up for 24 hours. I woke up at about 2 this morning and I'm about to go back to bed. I'd just managed to get it under control and things were reasonable, too. Send help.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,760 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,335 rep

My sleep pattern is fucked again. The other day I slept from 10am-9pm, then I was up for 24 hours. I woke up at about 2 this morning and I'm about to go back to bed. I'd just managed to get it under control and things were reasonable, too. Send help.

Can I second the help request? I am basically the exact same.  :mellow:

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Old School Hollywood

• 14,425 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 14,518 rep

One of the estates I'm working on right now is for a woman who died when her car was rear-ended by someone traveling at a high speed on the highway here. I did some work on her file yesterday, so last night I dreamed that I was the one who rear-ended and killed her. It was a crazy realistic dream, I was wracked with guilt and also doing stuff like closing my Facebook pages so that reporters couldn't access my photos to run in news articles and being upset that Mia's life was being totally up-ended by this. 

Also, this marks night three in a row of horrible dreams, yay.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,760 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,335 rep

It's not great that my new standard of living is "not falling back to sleep in the middle of my day," is it? God, I'm so bored and tired all the time. =/

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • It could be bunnies.

• 18,351 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 20,605 rep

It's not great that my new standard of living is "not falling back to sleep in the middle of my day," is it? God, I'm so bored and tired all the time. =/

Same. I keep falling asleep at like 7pm and waking up at 3 or 4am recently, then the day is just a drag.

Iva

Iva

• 7,282 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,640 rep

Mar, what medicines did they give you? This might be re-adjusting your hormones.

Advertising

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,760 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,335 rep

Same. I keep falling asleep at like 7pm and waking up at 3 or 4am recently, then the day is just a drag.

Right? I'll get a couple of hours of energy, if I'm lucky, and then back to lying in bed. It doesn't help that my bed is basically my only piece of furniture, either, yknow?

Mar, what medicines did they give you? This might be re-adjusting your hormones.

I'm not taking any new medications, so it's just my natural state of laziness :lol:

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Unsuspicious Individual

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 3,306 rep

Wait, when you guys are in dreams is it just like real life for you? Like is everything from your POV, you can see the whole landscape and everything looks vivid, etc? My dreams can be vivid and detailed in places, but mostly they're surrounded by haze. Whatever I'm not looking at is blurry and not something I remember... I think dreams are like this for everyone, no?

-

Also, I had this super fucking creepy dream a while ago. It felt kind of real because there were people I knew in it and... idk it was just deeper than a dream playing as I if I were a character in a movie experiencing it, it was weird. Anyway, I was walking down a road and then I think I had this brief realization that I was dreaming... I didn't have the power to do anything though, and then I just felt myself being pulled backwards. I couldn't see who/what was pulling me but it was powerful and I think it sort of transitioned me in to another dream where I wasn't aware I was dreaming... in the dream there were two people I knew irl which increased it's creepiness even though they weren't in it for long. I just remember looking in to this mirror and seeing the ghost of a little girl. She was white with dark hair, dark brown or black and for some reason I knew she was a ghost... don't know why though. And then as I looked in to the mirror she was mirroring my movements... it was creepy. And then I woke up.

Okay, the weirdest thing? About a week later, my friend's neighbor had a dream about a little girl. He described her as white as well, and when he woke up from his dream he saw her sitting on his counter. He rubbed his eyes and she was still there, then she ran in to the bathroom and locked the door. His mom woke up after this and tried to get in to the bathroom, but the door was locked.

......it was a very weird dream.

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

21guns&novacaine

21guns&novacaine
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined Apr 25, 2013
  • 29 rep

I can't sleep without music, I have to have my headphones or else I'll toss and turn wide awake until one, then pass out from exhaustion and wake up not knowing what year it is lol.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Product of War and Fear that We've Been Victimised

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 2,390 rep

Wait, when you guys are in dreams is it just like real life for you? Like is everything from your POV, you can see the whole landscape and everything looks vivid, etc? My dreams can be vivid and detailed in places, but mostly they're surrounded by haze. Whatever I'm not looking at is blurry and not something I remember... I think dreams are like this for everyone, no?

-

Also, I had this super fucking creepy dream a while ago. It felt kind of real because there were people I knew in it and... idk it was just deeper than a dream playing as I if I were a character in a movie experiencing it, it was weird. Anyway, I was walking down a road and then I think I had this brief realization that I was dreaming... I didn't have the power to do anything though, and then I just felt myself being pulled backwards. I couldn't see who/what was pulling me but it was powerful and I think it sort of transitioned me in to another dream where I wasn't aware I was dreaming... in the dream there were two people I knew irl which increased it's creepiness even though they weren't in it for long. I just remember looking in to this mirror and seeing the ghost of a little girl. She was white with dark hair, dark brown or black and for some reason I knew she was a ghost... don't know why though. And then as I looked in to the mirror she was mirroring my movements... it was creepy. And then I woke up.

Okay, the weirdest thing? About a week later, my friend's neighbor had a dream about a little girl. He described her as white as well, and when he woke up from his dream he saw her sitting on his counter. He rubbed his eyes and she was still there, then she ran in to the bathroom and locked the door. His mom woke up after this and tried to get in to the bathroom, but the door was locked.

......it was a very weird dream.

Sometimes it's clear, sometimes it's as you described, I'm not really sure why the difference occurs but I'll try to remember what I can about different dream situations and try to work out why.

That is very creepy indeed, but it must be said that your subconscious is fascinating. And the feeling of being "transitioned" when you realise you're dreaming is something I think I recognise, it's odd but it's a good start if you want to enter proper lucid dreaming.

• Dirntbag likes this

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,362 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,980 rep
It's practically too early to be alive right now but I just had a dream that I was at some bar with my lab and Oprah was there and she bought me some beer made of berries and was all over Rob's roommate and I.

Wtf
  • wood likes this

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,760 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,335 rep

My dreams are usually from my POV and that can make them seem real.

Like last night, I had a dream that my bb Claikens was relevant again. IRL, he has a docuseries airing on Esquire in April, but in my dream it was a full-length theatrical documentary and it was a box office hit. He was on magazine covers again and everyone decided they loved him and it was no longer lame to like him. I knew it was a dream but it felt realistic enough that I got sad that it wasn't!

• Dirntbag, AlissaGoesRAWR and wood like this

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 1,122 rep

It's practically too early to be alive right now but I just had a dream that I was at some bar with my lab and Oprah was there and she bought me some beer made of berries and was all over Rob's roommate and I.

Wtf

"You get some berry beer, you get some berry beer. WE ALL GET SOME BERRY BEER!!" -Oprah, probably

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,362 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,980 rep

"You get some berry beer, you get some berry beer. WE ALL GET SOME BERRY BEER!!" -Oprah, probably

I told mom about the dream and she said 'oh was it one ofnoprash's favourite things?!' :lol:

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,442 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,253 rep
My dreams are rarely from my pov, and I don't often see my own head (unless I manage to lucid dream and look up). I'm still mostly in control of my own actions, but I see myself doing them.

Also, for some reason recently I'm always wearing the same pink dress and black shoes, neither of which I own irl :mellow:

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13

• 4,109 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 2,390 rep

My dreams are rarely from my pov, and I don't often see my own head (unless I manage to lucid dream and look up). I'm still mostly in control of my own actions, but I see myself doing them.

Also, for some reason recently I'm always wearing the same pink dress and black shoes, neither of which I own irl :mellow:

That's very interesting. I very rarely have third-person dreams, but it does happen occasionally. The appearance consistency though, that's intriguing.

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,442 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,253 rep

That's very interesting. I very rarely have third-person dreams, but it does happen occasionally. The appearance consistency though, that's intriguing.

I think the only time I have pov dreams is when it's something bad is happening :lol:

Yeah, the appearance thing has been happening for a couple of weeks, maybe. If anyone knows if that means anything, I'd appreciate the input :lol:
  • SaintJimmy13 likes this

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 15,494 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,195 rep

My dreams are always from my point of view, but sometimes I'm out of my own body? Like I'll be myself but I'll also be just looking on as a third person. And they're always so hazy. I never actually see or hear anything, but I just sort of understand what I'm supposed to be seeing. When I was a kid my dreams were a lot more vivid though.

I had the worst sleep last night too. It's the middle of summer, I went to sleep with only a sheet on the bed and it was boiling. Then I got woken up at 5 for some reason and it was so cold I ended up getting my doona.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13

• 4,109 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 2,390 rep

http://theness.com/n...lucid-dreamers/

So that's pretty cool. I think I've experienced hypnagogia too, but only a couple of times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users