Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Voting has started in the Karaoke Contest. Listen to the entries and vote for your favorite.

Photo

Dreams and sleeping.

• Please log in to reply
2331 replies to this topic

Milan.

Milan.
  • Hanging in the Pennsylvanian Snow!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,945 posts
  • Joined Aug 12, 2005
  • 82 rep

Is it possible to have dreams where you just connect with unknown people and catch glimpses of there lives?

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,259 rep

So I was asleep, and in my dream I was asleep and in THAT dream I was lucid dreaming. So in the lucid dream I was walking to my local Tesco and went down a path that I'd never been down before, which doesn't actually actually exist. So when I came out of the other side of this path I was in the hills around Huddersfield. For those who don't know, it's 250 miles away. Anyway, I was walking along this country road and I looked behind a hedge and I could see Mount Rushmore in the distance. So I was like wtf, that wasn't there before. So I walked towards it and as I got nearer, one of the heads was Lucy Beale from Eastenders and the other three were Lil. Then I woke up from this lucid dream and I was still asleep. Then I woke up again. So.

tl;dr What is wrong with me?

I've had dreams inside dreams before - there's nothing wrong with that, and lucid dreaming is fun. You can do all kinds of shit when you're running it.

• Iva likes this

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Hash Slinging Slasher

• 6,970 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,272 rep

So I was asleep, and in my dream I was asleep and in THAT dream I was lucid dreaming. So in the lucid dream I was walking to my local Tesco and went down a path that I'd never been down before, which doesn't actually actually exist. So when I came out of the other side of this path I was in the hills around Huddersfield. For those who don't know, it's 250 miles away. Anyway, I was walking along this country road and I looked behind a hedge and I could see Mount Rushmore in the distance. So I was like wtf, that wasn't there before. So I walked towards it and as I got nearer, one of the heads was Lucy Beale from Eastenders and the other three were Lil. Then I woke up from this lucid dream and I was still asleep. Then I woke up again. So.

tl;dr What is wrong with me?

I'm pretty sure I read this post right before I fell asleep last night, and then I had a dream with you and Lil in it. Weird, since I've never met either of you IRL, and I have no idea what Lil's voice sounds like... I'm pretty sure you were both American (in terms of your accent) in my dream? Strange. I don't even remember what happened, just that you were there...  :ermm:

• johndorkian and Morrissey. like this

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Bumbledore of Hogfarts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,063 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,111 rep

I'm pretty sure I read this post right before I fell asleep last night, and then I had a dream with you and Lil in it. Weird, since I've never met either of you IRL, and I have no idea what Lil's voice sounds like... I'm pretty sure you were both American (in terms of your accent) in my dream? Strange. I don't even remember what happened, just that you were there...  :ermm:

Lil's voice is kind of like mine but more raspy and far less post-stroke victim. I'm glad we could improve your dream though, it sounds pretty fabulous tbh.

• johndorkian, AlissaGoesRAWR and Iva like this

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean
  • Moose.

• 9,257 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 2,017 rep

then explain my weird dreams with Jared Padalecki, Iva 

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,233 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,702 rep

I'm so pissed; I tried to take a nap twice today and both times I was JUST ABOUT asleep when something happened and woke my ass right up again. And now I can't go to bed early cuz Shawn wants to go to Walmart at midnight and I'm assuming he wants me to go with him.

Sausage Gravy

Sausage Gravy
  • all the way down

• 21,537 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 8,719 rep
promised myself i was gonna go to bed early tonight and catch up on some sleep since i have a long week of work ahead of me and of course now it's almost 1am and i can't fucking fall asleep. i h8 everything

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,460 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,145 rep

Isn't that the weirdest thing, when you imagine traits for people? Sometimes if I dream about Internet people, my brain will actually find a way to make them kind of "seen but not heard," or it'll create different appearances for them, and I'm in the dream but I'm like "NO, this is not what ____ looks like in their pictures!" :o :lol:

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean
  • Moose.

• 9,257 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 2,017 rep

Isn't that the weirdest thing, when you imagine traits for people? Sometimes if I dream about Internet people, my brain will actually find a way to make them kind of "seen but not heard," or it'll create different appearances for them, and I'm in the dream but I'm like "NO, this is not what ____ looks like in their pictures!" :o :lol:

like the one time i dreamt of holding a party for the GDC regulars. :lol:

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal

• 14,960 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,890 rep

had the worst sleep this week, probably because I wasn't in my own bed. I shared a bed with two friends the other night, and another friend on the floor. we got to sleep around 12 and then i woke up at 3:30. It was one of those nights where you swear there was no break in consciousness and you didn't sleep at all. But I must've. And then I was dying of thirst, even by 4am it was 30-something degrees in my friend's room. But I couldn't get up for another 4 hours, until everyone was awake

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,460 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,145 rep

Ugh, for the last couple days I've been waking up after about 3-4 hours of sleep, and then it takes me 2-4 hours to fall back asleep, so I end up in bed for like, 12 hours, even though I'm only asleep for 8 or so =/

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Hash Slinging Slasher

• 6,970 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,272 rep

So, I've pretty much fucked myself into a "go to bed at 4 a.m., wake up at 11:30 a.m, go into work by 2 p.m., leave work by 10 p.m." cycle, and then from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. I either spend time with Brandon (on the two or three weekdays he's not working), do chores and housework, work from home, get on GDC, or pretend I have a social life. This is so incredibly inconvenient, but I just can't manage to get myself into work at a decent hour, and I still need to log my 8 hours (sometimes it's 10 or more) before I go home.

Being married to someone who works night shift makes it impossible to maintain a relationship with them and a normal work schedule... Covering 5-8 evening school board meetings a month doesn't help, either. =/

TL;DR: What is a sleep schedule? :(

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Fuckity Bye

• 12,977 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,893 rep
Just woke up from an absolutely terrifying dream where Mia and I slipped and fell in a gross polluted swamp thing? But I can't swim and nether can she and I felt so terrified because I knew we were going to drown. I kept letting her push me under because I wanted her to breathe but the last time she did I hadn't enough air and woke up in an absolute panic. I don't wanna go back to sleep :(

wood

wood
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 761 rep

Right before/as I'm waking up, a new song gets stuck in my head. Many times, it's a song I haven't heard in years. And then I'm stuck, mentally singing it as I go through my morning routine.

Today's was "The Mighty Quinn."

Iva

Iva
  • Central to Nowhere

• 6,664 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,082 rep

I had a dream where we would nominate two people to throw out of here and then vote on that, so the one with most votes is banned. One nomination was an actual user on here, the other was, I swear, some person related to ISIS. And I woke up thinking it's not fair, as most people would be more likely to ban a terrorist...

...sense, this makes not. 

Advertising

wood

wood
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 761 rep

I had a dream where we would nominate two people to throw out of here and then vote on that, so the one with most votes is banned. One nomination was an actual user on here, the other was, I swear, some person related to ISIS. And I woke up thinking it's not fair, as most people would be more likely to ban a terrorist...

...sense, this makes not. 

I'm on the edge of my seat. Who was the GDC member?

Iva

Iva
  • Central to Nowhere

• 6,664 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,082 rep

I thought you WERE your seat. :(

wood

wood
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 761 rep

I thought you WERE your seat. :(

Homie, I'm a desk. Or a tree. Or end table. Or something.

Iva

Iva
  • Central to Nowhere

• 6,664 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,082 rep

Stools are wooden. ;)

• wood likes this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,335 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,259 rep

I was orchestrating a conquest of the Mediterranean. I'm not sure what century it was in, but my armies had crossbows, halberds and longswords, and I made use of battering rams and trebuchets to take large fortifications. I think we were besieging targets in Spain and northern Africa.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,883 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,541 rep

I was orchestrating a conquest of the Mediterranean. I'm not sure what century it was in, but my armies had crossbows, halberds and longswords, and I made use of battering rams and trebuchets to take large fortifications. I think we were besieging targets in Spain and northern Africa.

13th/early 14th century, going by the weaponry.

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,335 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,259 rep

13th/early 14th century, going by the weaponry.

Things were going bloody well at the start - it was a perfect assault, everything was going according to plan and the defenders were completely overwhelmed. Then, about halfway through, something happened and it all went to shit. My crossbowmen started dropping like flies, the infantry couldn't make any headway, and the siege weaponry was swarmed and destroyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users