Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dreams and sleeping.

• Please log in to reply
2168 replies to this topic

Holly Ann

Holly Ann
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • Joined Apr 18, 2010
  • 149 rep
Talk about your dreams, sleeping patterns etc.
  • Jozinbrejl likes this

Nina89

Nina89
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined Jan 30, 2011
  • 0 rep
Hahahaha I had a dream aabout Billie joe.
I can't really remember where it was but thats the story:
It was in something like a house/bar/whatever. There were not many people and they didn't pay attention to me or Billie. I was talking to him and at first I tight his cravat a little and I asked him "Do you need a Nanny?" and he was looking at me (he was drunk.. hahahaha!) and he couldn't really answer because he was actually wasted. He went to a bathroom and threw up. And I was standing there and didn't know if I should check if he is alright but yeah well that was my dream.. Billie Joe trewing up hahaha

bat-chen

bat-chen
  • Best Thing In Town

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,883 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2006
  • 4,057 rep

Hahahaha I had a dream aabout Billie joe.
I can't really remember where it was but thats the story:
It was in something like a house/bar/whatever. There were not many people and they didn't pay attention to me or Billie. I was talking to him and at first I tight his cravat a little and I asked him "Do you need a Nanny?" and he was looking at me (he was drunk.. hahahaha!) and he couldn't really answer because he was actually wasted. He went to a bathroom and threw up. And I was standing there and didn't know if I should check if he is alright but yeah well that was my dream.. Billie Joe trewing up hahaha

:lol: That's a funny dream.

Sadly me dreams lately are very unclear and I don't remember them :(

Nele

Nele
  • Professional Procrastinator

• 11,488 posts
  • Joined Sep 12, 2008
  • 699 rep
Talking about dreams is pretty fascinating to me, because we know so little about them. I also want to start a dream diary but I always forget to write my dreams down if I remember them.

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,072 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 2,808 rep
lately all ive been getting are nightmares. they're really weird and upsetting and i hope they go away soon. :sleep:

bat-chen

bat-chen
  • Best Thing In Town

• 16,883 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2006
  • 4,057 rep

lately all ive been getting are nightmares. they're really weird and upsetting and i hope they go away soon. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

When I have nightmare I tried to think about something good or funny and forget about the nightmare but it's really hard.

Talking about dreams is pretty fascinating to me, because we know so little about them. I also want to start a dream diary but I always forget to write my dreams down if I remember them.

Dream diary is a good idea :) I used to wrote Green Day fanfic and sometimes I dream about the rest of the story that I want to wrote and in my dreams the storyline was very good but when I woked up, I forgot what I dream.

Whatsername1911

Whatsername1911
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Joined Apr 03, 2010
  • 266 rep

POPULAR

Someone needs to invent a machine that records your dreams so you can watch them later.
  • Jacob., Emilie., dumb shiny bitch and 7 others like this

BrokenHome

BrokenHome
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2005
  • 15 rep
Yeah dreams are so fascinating, I just can't comprehend how the brain is able to project an image into your head whilst you sleep. It's amazing.
Anyway, yeah I keep a dream diary if it's a really good one.

Does anyone agree with the theory that your dreams are your subconscious?

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,925 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,262 rep
Sometimes I can't tell if I'm dreaming something, or it's real. Like, a couple years ago I dreamed a tooth fell out of my mouth, and the moment I woke up I ran to the bathroom mirror to see if it was true, lol. Dreams are fascinating indeed.
And although I have sleeping problems, sometimes insomnia, I dream like every night, and I can remember pretty much everything about it. If I don't write it down I forget most of it though. :lol:

Kaddi.

Kaddi.
  • Hello stranger, I'm a disaster.

• 13,726 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006
  • 1,798 rep
Gosh, I really had one of the worst nights in a long time yesterday. I suffered from insomnia when I was 17/18 years old, but luckily it disappeared some time ago. Well, yesterday it came back... I was really exhausted when I went to bed and I thought I'd fell asleep right away, but I didn't. Instead I was awake till 5am and had to get up at 8:30am to go to uni. Yeah, great times.

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Dearly Beloved

• 7,449 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 5,732 rep
I don't have any trouble getting to sleep that often, but I can never stay asleep. I only ever sleep for about 1 hour every night because I just keep waking up.
  • Reagan likes this

bat-chen

bat-chen
  • Best Thing In Town

• 16,883 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2006
  • 4,057 rep

Sometimes I can't tell if I'm dreaming something, or it's real. Like, a couple years ago I dreamed a tooth fell out of my mouth, and the moment I woke up I ran to the bathroom mirror to see if it was true, lol. Dreams are fascinating indeed.
And although I have sleeping problems, sometimes insomnia, I dream like every night, and I can remember pretty much everything about it. If I don't write it down I forget most of it though. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

It's happend to me to. I don't remember exactly my dream but it was a few years ago and I dream that my mom doesn't allowed me to do something. and when I woke up I went to my mom to talk about it and why she doesn't allowed me and she look at me like I'm crazy then I relaize it was a dream :lol:

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,823 rep
I saw a poster about sleeping and dreams on the internet (I actually think it was on GDC somewhere but can't remember where!) and it had some really interesting facts on it. Here are the few I can remember:

Men dream about other men roughly 70% of the time, however women dream of both men and women equally.

After ten minutes of being awake, 90% of your dream is forgotten.

People who never dream tend to have some sort of mental disorder.

You only ever dream about faces you've actually seen. Whether you actively remember seeing them or not.

Not entirely sure if those are right but they're what I can remember :happy: I find the last one really interesting, because I'm sure I've dreamed about people I've never come into contact with before. Maybe they actually worked in a shop or something :lol:

St. Vicky

St. Vicky
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Joined Oct 13, 2010
  • 12 rep

I saw a poster about sleeping and dreams on the internet (I actually think it was on GDC somewhere but can't remember where!) and it had some really interesting facts on it. Here are the few I can remember:

Men dream about other men roughly 70% of the time, however women dream of both men and women equally.

After ten minutes of being awake, 90% of your dream is forgotten.

People who never dream tend to have some sort of mental disorder.

You only ever dream about faces you've actually seen. Whether you actively remember seeing them or not.

Not entirely sure if those are right but they're what I can remember http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p... I find the last one really interesting, because I'm sure I've dreamed about people I've never come into contact with before. Maybe they actually worked in a shop or something http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

This is really interesting, thank for posting.
I found some more facts about dreams here

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,823 rep
I've also just read that apparently you don't dream when you snore? It was on a few websites. Just told my boyfriend this on the phone though and he said it must be wrong because he snores like a foghorn every night and always has dreams. :lol:

Advertising

CaesarSalad

CaesarSalad
  • Best Thing In Town

• 11,498 posts
  • Joined Oct 01, 2005
  • 924 rep
i had the most amazing dream a few nights ago. copypaste from tumblr:

first i was erasing a whiteboard while a small child with sharp teeth gnawed at my ankles. then i was shouting my brains out at a student for breaking a xylophone, and then some other teacher came in and shouted even louder and told me i needed to “bully” the kids. so i ran to the bathroom to cry and that’s when aliens attacked and slaughtered everyone. but i managed to stay alive for a really long time and then my bathroom stall was destroyed by an alien that was shaped like a gigantic opera singer and her mate was aerodactyl. she told me why toronto is such a bad city and how her mother lived in toronto for a number of years (probably under the guise of an opera singer as well).
  • ScreamsInSilence815 likes this

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 30,595 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,578 rep
I don't often remember my dreams, but when I do they're usually nice dreams (which I also write down). Lately though I've remembered my dreams almost every morning and they were always just weird but not in an enjoyable way, and even one or two full on nightmares. Not sure what made the change. They're quite interesting dreams, but I'd rather have nice dreams, even if they're kind of bland.

I also often have the problem when remembering my dream that I can remember parts of things, but not exactly like it was. It's not the same, but it's kind of like when you're trying to think of a name or an answer to a question or something and you feel like it's on the tip of your tongue but you just can't quite think of it, but then with things (environments, things that happened, etc). Like, I'll remember that I think it had something to do with a house or room or garage, and a package delivered by mail and something bad had to do with that package, but I can't remember what everything was exactly, nor can I judge whether something happened in the dream or whether I made it up later. Really frustrating :lol:

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,724 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,469 rep
My recent dreams have been sporadic and generally nasty recently. I barely dream these days, and when I do I seem to die or get hurt in some way in all of them. Ridiculous. The only one I didn't die or get hurt I was having sex with my ex. That was a really weird dream.

Burnout98

Burnout98
  • Not Growing Up, Just Burning Out

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2010
  • 288 rep
I usually never remember my dreams. But when i do, they're weird. I sleep very well now, but a few years ago i had lots of trouble sleeping and i never wanted to go to sleep. Now i love it.

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• 29,923 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 6,989 rep
Pretty sure Dai's knockers will be somewhere in my dream tonight, cheers Alice.

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,072 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 2,808 rep
You're welcome

Hannah!

Hannah!
  • i'm the night sky

• 21,166 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 8,024 rep
last night i had a really in depth dream about meeting britney spears in new york city, i told her that when i was seven i had a birthday cake with her face on it. she was flattered.

Monica.

Monica.
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,122 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2010
  • 242 rep
i had a dream once that i was drafted into the war and i saved my buddy phil (he looked like tom hanks) while in Afghanistan, then i woke up when a bomb went off.. hmm...yeah don't ask. lol
  • Andrea Manalo likes this

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 13,940 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,371 rep

That happened to me when I was little. In my dream I'd been wearing glasses since I was little. I'd keep them in my Mum's cupboard while I was asleep, then every morning I'd go to the cupboard and get them out. They were in a little pink, flowery Tweety Bird glasses case. When I woke up I went to the cupboard to get my glasses out and they weren't there. Then I realised the glasses were just a dream. =/

A sort of freaky thing happened on the Christmas holidays. One night I had a dream that I was in a shop looking at all these band shirts. I wanted to get a Green Day one, so I was over in the Green Day section, there were tons of them. I found one I liked, which was just a plain white t-shirt with the Dookie album cover on the front. A few days later my uncle gives me a Christmas present. It was the exact same shirt I dreamed about buying. It was pretty cool.

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,072 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 2,808 rep
I had a really Mean Girls-esque dream the other night, but it was like I was Cady who was being victimised so it wasn't too good :P

madddie

madddie
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2009
  • 58 rep
I panic if I know I have to be up in 6 hours and haven't slept yet =/

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,072 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 2,808 rep

I panic if I know I have to be up in 6 hours and haven't slept yet http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

that makes it totally worse :P you can get up, walk about, or do something else like play a game, but don't do that, because it'll prevent you from falling asleep! i used to do it all the time.

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• 29,923 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 6,989 rep
Temazepam ftw.

madddie

madddie
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2009
  • 58 rep

that makes it totally worse http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p... you can get up, walk about, or do something else like play a game, but don't do that, because it'll prevent you from falling asleep! i used to do it all the time.

I hate it, its so bad! Haha. Thanks for the tips!

Whatsernamy

Whatsernamy
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,046 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2009
  • 252 rep
I cannot fucking remember my dreams because of my new medication and it's making me so fucking mad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users