Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Travel Thread

• Please log in to reply
3649 replies to this topic

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,772 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,560 rep

Goal for this week: Find somewhere to stay in Chicago weekend after this coming one.

Why not check out airbnb or couchsurfing? After my last trip I love those sites!

Göta

Göta
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Joined Jan 05, 2011
  • 588 rep

I'm longing so incredibly much for a trip to Gothenburg, it's almost painful.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 14,000 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,762 rep
Hotel is booked so we're officially going to Chicago on Friday :)
  • lizziebix likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,450 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,770 rep

And I get to meet Jordan and Rob this weekend!!!   :dance:

• Hayley and November's Storms like this

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,000 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,762 rep

And we get to meet Marilyn and the infamous hubby!! :D

• Hayley, lizziebix and November's Storms like this

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 943 rep
Planning my first Vegas exploration with my dude friends! Since half of us don't gamble much, we're planning a five-day trip around EDC. Anyone with Las Vegas or rave experience have an insight as to what I should do or things that I should avoid doing that I'll end up doing anyhow?

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,450 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,770 rep

Planning my first Vegas exploration with my dude friends! Since half of us don't gamble much, we're planning a five-day trip around EDC. Anyone with Las Vegas or rave experience have an insight as to what I should do or things that I should avoid doing that I'll end up doing anyhow?

Watch the dancing water at Bellagio.  Go to the top of Paris.  Watch the statues move in Ceasars.  Watch the sky downtown.  I've never but I hear the roller coaster on the spire thingy place is supposed to be cool.

That's all I've got for non-gambling things in Vegas.  :)

• wood likes this

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 19,376 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 1,155 rep

Have pretty much worked out my plans for March. I am going to Cologne, Dublin, London and Stockholm. So far I have ordered everything I need, except flights from London to Stockholm, Stockholm to Oslo, and hotel in Stockholm. Probably will get around to it next week. :)

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • this love is glowing in the dark

• 27,133 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,718 rep
This March I'm hitchhiking to Bucharest with five mates for charity. It's an organised thing through the student's union and there will be a set halfway point where you all meet up and oh man I'm so excited. Need to raise 250 pounds for charity so lots of cake sales!!

A bit nearer to now though is me trip back home. The autumn semester is finished and I'm so glad to be heading back home. It's still so surreal like I can't believe I actually did this and I have to keep reminding myself I am actually coming back... I'm going to miss my mates but I'm so ready to see my family again.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal

• 15,134 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,008 rep

anyone know what the weather should be like through the US in October? We're going to Anaheim and Vegas in early October, then the last half will be in New York and Washington DC, right up until the first couple days of November. I've heard California is kind of comfortably warm around that time, 25-30C. But New York would be closer to 10. Is that right? I don't even have anything that could pass for an autumn jacket, even my winter is warm enough to get away with just a cardigan. So I'm guessing I might need to find myself something warmer, for NY. I mean, anything under 22 (70F) is chilly, and the lowest it ever gets is about 50-60. So if it'll be anything like that I'll probably need a jacket

Watch the dancing water at Bellagio.  Go to the top of Paris.  Watch the statues move in Ceasars.  Watch the sky downtown.  I've never but I hear the roller coaster on the spire thingy place is supposed to be cool.

That's all I've got for non-gambling things in Vegas.  :)

We've planned a day trip to the grand canyon! It's supposed to be about 4 hours away drive time but apparently they also do helicopter rides over the canyon? 

Also planning to take a trip out to one of the national parks near Vegas. Apart from that the woman we talked to at the travel agent said all the big hotels have some fun/exciting attractions. There's a roller coaster that goes through the inside of the New York-New York hotel

I'm guessing Las Vegas has quite a lot of things to look at in their hotels, because one of the first websites I looked at was giving readers tips on how to stay awake for days at a time, just so they could see everything :lol:

luv

luv
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Joined Feb 10, 2013
  • 668 rep

anyone know what the weather should be like through the US in October? We're going to Anaheim and Vegas in early October, then the last half will be in New York and Washington DC, right up until the first couple days of November. I've heard California is kind of comfortably warm around that time, 25-30C. But New York would be closer to 10. Is that right? I don't even have anything that could pass for an autumn jacket, even my winter is warm enough to get away with just a cardigan. So I'm guessing I might need to find myself something warmer, for NY. I mean, anything under 22 (70F) is chilly, and the lowest it ever gets is about 50-60. So if it'll be anything like that I'll probably need a jacket

When I went to the Grand Canyon it was on scenic air or something - just saying it was the scariest trip ever - we flew from Vegas - when we landed I seriously looked into driving back but I am really scared of flying. It kinda wrecked my day because all I could think of was I had to get back on that dam plane

We've planned a day trip to the grand canyon! It's supposed to be about 4 hours away drive time but apparently they also do helicopter rides over the canyon? 
Also planning to take a trip out to one of the national parks near Vegas. Apart from that the woman we talked to at the travel agent said all the big hotels have some fun/exciting attractions. There's a roller coaster that goes through the inside of the New York-New York hotel

I'm guessing Las Vegas has quite a lot of things to look at in their hotels, because one of the first websites I looked at was giving readers tips on how to stay awake for days at a time, just so they could see everything :lol:

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 15,134 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,008 rep

When I went to the Grand Canyon it was on scenic air or something - just saying it was the scariest trip ever - we flew from Vegas - when we landed I seriously looked into driving back but I am really scared of flying. It kinda wrecked my day because all I could think of was I had to get back on that dam plane

mm I am worried about finding the flight scary. I've never been in a helicopter before. And my little brother's never flown before at all, plus he's quite scared of heights (we used to have to carry him up flights of stairs because even those scared him). But I guess we'll see how it goes! It's 4 hours driving there and back, so with a young-ish kid I think I'd prefer the quicker flight even if I do have to cover his eyes :lol:

• luv likes this

Moriarty

Moriarty
  • Elton John

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2009
  • 875 rep

mm I am worried about finding the flight scary. I've never been in a helicopter before. And my little brother's never flown before at all, plus he's quite scared of heights (we used to have to carry him up flights of stairs because even those scared him). But I guess we'll see how it goes! It's 4 hours driving there and back, so with a young-ish kid I think I'd prefer the quicker flight even if I do have to cover his eyes :lol:

it's five hours easily I'm afraid. I drove me and my friend to the Grand Canyon 2 years ago from Paradise (Las Vegas) and it took five hours each way without the stopping time. he decided not to bring his driving license so I got to drive the whole journey and nearly pass out from tiredness!! (sarcastic exclamation marks)

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 15,134 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,008 rep

it's five hours easily I'm afraid. I drove to the Grand Canyon 2 years ago from Paradise (Las Vegas) and it took five hours each way without the stopping time

wow yeah, that's worse than I thought. Really glad we're not driving now. I couldn't manage 10 hours in a car in just one day

Moriarty

Moriarty
  • Elton John

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2009
  • 875 rep

wow yeah, that's worse than I thought. Really glad we're not driving now. I couldn't manage 10 hours in a car in just one day

it's bad enough as a grown up, let alone young people. although it was pretty (watching the sandy Nevada end and turn into the beautiful green Arizona), and my first road trip driving across America. it's probably not good with a younger one!

Advertising

wood

wood
  • The Giving Tree

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Joined Mar 04, 2014
  • 943 rep

So, I should pick up some amphetamines? Gotcha :thumbsup:

Comedy & Tragedy

Comedy & Tragedy
  • They Say Of The Acropolis Where The Parthenon Is

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts
  • Joined Apr 13, 2009
  • 899 rep

I couldn't manage 10 hours in a car in just one day

Guess who's doing exactly that on Sunday!

We're driving ten hours to Neuruppin for Christmas (10 hour drive with three children, including a baby) and then after Christmas I have a 7 hour bus journey to Dusseldorf. I've never been on the road for that long. If you drove that long in Ireland you'd fall off. 

As for New Year's I'm going to Cologne and then Bonn :D I've hardly had any time to plan it so I still don't really know what I'm going to be doing there, but it'll be nice to go somewhere new.

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 6,213 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 4,226 rep

The NYC trip is coming together! If things go according to plan, I'll be flying to Toronto on Feb. 13th, then we'll be leaving for NYC on the 16th and stay until the 20th, then head back to Toronto and I'll head home the 22nd. Hoping to get together with my friend tonight to plan out some more stuff, I can't wait! :D

The most important thing though.... leaving for Ireland on Monday for 2 1/2 weeks!! Really hope that this weekend flies by! :runaround:

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • this love is glowing in the dark

• 27,133 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,718 rep
This journey can proper go fuck itself christ alive

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 14,000 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,762 rep

Guess who's doing exactly that on Sunday!

We're driving ten hours to Neuruppin for Christmas (10 hour drive with three children, including a baby) and then after Christmas I have a 7 hour bus journey to Dusseldorf. I've never been on the road for that long. If you drove that long in Ireland you'd fall off. 

As for New Year's I'm going to Cologne and then Bonn :D I've hardly had any time to plan it so I still don't really know what I'm going to be doing there, but it'll be nice to go somewhere new.

Drive that far in Ontario and you won't even get out of the province! Thunder Bay is a solid 18+ hours from Toronto and it's probably another 4 hours to get out of Ontario from there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users