Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image  New "F**K Cancer" shirt. 100% of profits are going to breast cancer charity. Check them out.

Photo

The Travel Thread

• Please log in to reply
3489 replies to this topic

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,375 rep

Like, Zadar has enormous choices of ice cream, 

You might have just decided my next sun holiday

Bastard of 1969

Bastard of 1969
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 796 rep
  • Location:Somewhere over the country with financial problems and not so smart politicians

You might have just decided my next sun holiday

Yea, but it's amazing there, and island Vir, which is like 10 kilometers from Zadar has beautiful beaches, nightlife and stuff are also fine there.

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,792 rep

Have no idea how much money I'm going to need for America. I was going to book one of the hotel Trek America trips because so many people have had great times with them but the more I look into it, the more I know I'll get bored with such a rigid schedule and I'll wanna do things on my own. Thing is, I have no idea where to start. Has anyone here ever planned their own cross country trip? I've been left some money from my grandparents and instead of putting it towards a house, I want to invest in a real experience. :)

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,110 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,583 rep

how much time is enough to make a connecting flight without a shitload of stress? the trip i'm looking at has 50 minutes between flights, and i just wanna make sure i'm not gonna break down and cry. :lol: i'm really bad at airports... once i get on the plane i'm fine, but the whole ordeal of getting to it just stresses me out. especially in an airport i've never been before.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 21,901 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,908 rep

Have no idea how much money I'm going to need for America. I was going to book one of the hotel Trek America trips because so many people have had great times with them but the more I look into it, the more I know I'll get bored with such a rigid schedule and I'll wanna do things on my own. Thing is, I have no idea where to start. Has anyone here ever planned their own cross country trip? I've been left some money from my grandparents and instead of putting it towards a house, I want to invest in a real experience. :)

You should talk to Hannah (the one from Germany). She spent about 3 months in the US all on her own.

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 11,719 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 680 rep

how much time is enough to make a connecting flight without a shitload of stress? the trip i'm looking at has 50 minutes between flights, and i just wanna make sure i'm not gonna break down and cry. :lol: i'm really bad at airports... once i get on the plane i'm fine, but the whole ordeal of getting to it just stresses me out. especially in an airport i've never been before.

When I went to mexico last year we had a layover in LA and I think it was about 30 or 40 minutes and we made it fine :) although the two were really close together in the airport so I guess it depends on where the boarding areas are

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 5,835 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 3,878 rep

Definitely depends where you're flying to. If you have to do customs at the connecting airport I wouldn't chance it, speaking from experience. You want to account for the flight possibly being delayed as well. If you get stressed out travelling, I'd recommend to look at a different flight that has a longer connection time, just 'cause it'll make you feel a lot better. 

We left Paris today, had a great 4 days there, they flew by! Happy to be back in Ireland though, I love this country. :)

Juliette

Juliette
  • Wanderlust

• 9,062 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2007
  • 1,076 rep

Booked my flights  :happy: Flying to Dubrovnik then have a return flight from Venice 3 weeks later, so excited.

• Maddy. likes this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Leader of the Tomnomnom Security Contingent

• 11,138 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,734 rep

Two days until I fly to Chicago with miss Emily! It really snuck up on me. Trying to pack tonight, I'm hoping just to bring a backpack with everything so I'm not hauling a carry-on around.

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • what is edd may never die

• 15,296 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 3,317 rep

i had a connecting flight in dubai airport late last year and i managed it fine with 40 or so minutes between flights. even managed to have a wee and a cigarette. i'd done it before with my mum and we got lost, but the second time i did it alone and it was totally fine. you just have to know where you're going!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users