Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Travel Thread

• Please log in to reply
3422 replies to this topic

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 988 rep

Is Edinburgh a decent spot for a mini break, especially when one would be relying entirely on public transport to get around? 

Edinburgh is pretty easy to get around on foot, although it can be quite steep in places. It does have a really good bus network though and you'll get to try the much hated trams :P The castle is minutes away from the train station on foot, as well as the parliament and dynamic earth but the zoo and deep sea world are on the outskirts of the main town centre. I guess it depends on what you want to see but all the touristy places are really close to the train station/bus station.
I'm more of a Glasgow fan myself but Edinburgh is really nice, some lovely photo ops on Arthur's seat.
  • Not Anyone. likes this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Only enough to control you.

• 11,615 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,536 rep

Edinburgh is pretty easy to get around on foot, although it can be quite steep in places. It does have a really good bus network though and you'll get to try the much hated trams :P The castle is minutes away from the train station on foot, as well as the parliament and dynamic earth but the zoo and deep sea world are on the outskirts of the main town centre. I guess it depends on what you want to see but all the touristy places are really close to the train station/bus station.
I'm more of a Glasgow fan myself but Edinburgh is really nice, some lovely photo ops on Arthur's seat.

Thanks for that! What's wrong with the trams? We were thinking Glasgow too but want to be near the coast and we've been before anyway. Well, I say been, Sarah is from there :P

Vesper

Vesper
  • Sand Snake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,869 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,530 rep

Is Edinburgh a decent spot for a mini break, especially when one would be relying entirely on public transport to get around? 

I'm going for my 21st in just over a month so I could tell you. :P Clearly I'm not going on a romantic break, but still going for a couple days. 

• Not Anyone. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users