Agija

The Travel Thread

The Insider
3 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Will you have a car?. The Airbnb we stayed in is a bit further out, but sooooo cheap and we had the whole place (1 bedroom, little living room, kitchen and bathroom) to ourselves. It was in oakland rather than San Franx easy to get to by Bart though. 

ooh Im  not keen on getting a car -  you guys drive on the wrong side of the road :)  If we decide after the conference to hike at Yosemite or go to the wineries we probably will rent a car.

Im up for public transport.  

• Like 1

Montclare
57 minutes ago, The Insider said:

ooh Im  not keen on getting a car -  you guys drive on the wrong side of the road :)  If we decide after the conference to hike at Yosemite or go to the wineries we probably will rent a car.

I up for public transport.  

Public transportation is great in the Bay Area, both trains and buses.  That was all I used when I was out there.  Only downside was not being able to make it up to Christie Road.

• Like 1

Goofygoldfish
7 hours ago, The Insider said:

Im up for public transport.  

I'm from the UK so also had to do the 'wrong side of the road' thing. We drove 1800 miles in 10 days though, so got used to it 😂

Public transport is good, we did some of that too, especially in and out of San Fran, and to the coliseum for baseball. 

• Haha 1

The Insider
1 hour ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I'm from the UK so also had to do the 'wrong side of the road' thing. We drove 1800 miles in 10 days though, so got used to it 😂

Public transport is good, we did some of that too, especially in and out of San Fran, and to the coliseum for baseball. 

Well hubby doesn't even like driving in Melbourne because of the trams - SF would be a disaster waiting to happen

• Haha 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
14 hours ago, Montclare said:

Public transportation is great in the Bay Area, both trains and buses.  That was all I used when I was out there.  Only downside was not being able to make it up to Christie Road.

There’s this new thing we used called Gig Car to get to Christie Road. They’re like rentals scattered throughout Oakland, except you unlock it with your phone and only pay by the hour. Super affordable.

Would highly recommend @The Insider! It’d be pretty much impossible to get to Christie Road with no car. 

Dai.

Leaving in 23 days!!!!!

• Like 3

Sarcasm
1 hour ago, Dai. said:

Leaving in 23 days!!!!!

you're coming to visit me? 

The Insider
6 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

There’s this new thing we used called Gig Car to get to Christie Road. They’re like rentals scattered throughout Oakland, except you unlock it with your phone and only pay by the hour. Super affordable.

Would highly recommend @The Insider! It’d be pretty much impossible to get to Christie Road with no car. 

fingers crossed I can talk the bitch into driving😑

Dai.
17 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

you're coming to visit me? 

No man, but I'm going to New Zealand for a year so maybe you should come visit me! Bobo's coming between Feb-Apr.

Anyhow I will eventually go visit Norway :D You can see the Aurora Boreanaz from there, no?

• Like 1

Sarcasm
10 hours ago, Dai. said:

No man, but I'm going to New Zealand for a year so maybe you should come visit me! Bobo's coming between Feb-Apr.

Anyhow I will eventually go visit Norway :D You can see the Aurora Boreanaz from there, no?

from up north you can, for sure!

• Like 1

Göta

Does anybody have experience with interrail?

I'm thinking about giving it a try next summer and I'd really love some tips!

• Like 1

The Insider

I got so lost in Melbourne today so I messaged @Adorkable to say if she doesn't help me around Oakland I WILL end up at a crackhouse 😂

Adorkable
6 hours ago, The Insider said:

I got so lost in Melbourne today so I messaged @Adorkable to say if she doesn't help me around Oakland I WILL end up at a crackhouse 😂

The crack houses won't have you.

• Haha 1

The Insider
10 hours ago, Adorkable said:

The crack houses won't have you.

Will the University of Weed?

Adorkable
4 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Of course, it is legal they will want your tax money

The Insider
6 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

Of course, it is legal they will want your tax money

They can take my money🤑

Beerjeezus
2 hours ago, The Insider said:

They said I'm not eligible for a scholarship - I'm done with that place.

• Sad 1

Göta

I might be going to Russia next year in relation to my studies. It has never really been a place on my wanna-visit-list, but I'm very excited about the idea anyway!

• Like 3

The Insider

SF holiday booked🙃😬

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Paola17

Currently on my way to Pittsburgh to see my friend for a couple of days. I needed to take a break from my own city. 

It's been almost two years since I've been there, and seen him (thanks Green Day, for giving me the excuse to visit).

• Like 1