Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Last day to enter photography contest

We're having a photography contest where you guys send in a photo that describes what that time of year means to you.

Photo

Your Pet Peeves

• Please log in to reply
4511 replies to this topic

Mary711

Mary711
  • Living for the next show

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,512 posts
  • Joined Jun 30, 2010
  • 2,374 rep

when people cancel plans but don't bother letting you know they've been cancelled. All the time I'll make plans with this one friend and she'll be fine with it. Then I won't hear from her for a week. Then the night before I'll ask her what time she wants to meet and she'll go "oh yeah, I can't come, sorry".

couldn't have mentioned that last Monday when I first asked you what time you were free? Or even just whenever you realised you couldn't make it?

I have a similar friend. It's really annoying. Whenever we plan to meet I can't reach her the day before or actual day to make sure it's going to happen and then last minute she cancels. So why did you even bother to ask then?  :mad: I even started to plan the time we've set up for myself because chances are more likely for that to happen.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal

• 15,146 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,014 rep

Don't EVEN, I still wear scrunchies because my hair is too thick not to! :lol:

scrunchies are amazing! I guess they work better with thick hair, but i just love them because they don't leave kinks in your hair like normal elastic ties do

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,901 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,608 rep
Scrunchies for practical reasons I can understand but suddenly having a whole wall of overpriced "fashionable" ones in every clothes/accessories shop when most haven't even sold any kind of them for years seems a bit silly.

good thing i just ordered 3 off eBay then aye :P i want a whole collection of chokers, from leather to lace to velvet.. pendants, gems, glitter. it's going to be a problem.

Oh I just thought it was these chokers being referred to? http://i.ebayimg.com...VTXoNV/$_35.JPG

Chokers in general I have no problem with but I can't get behind ones that are meant to look like tattoos :P. It's less than 15 years since people were walking around with these fake plastic "henna tattoos" around their necks, wrists and fingers and a stick on bindi to complete the look and I don't want to be reminded of it so soon :lol:

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 13,508 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,815 rep

Oh I just thought it was these chokers being referred to? http://i.ebayimg.com...VTXoNV/$_35.JPG

Chokers in general I have no problem with but I can't get behind ones that are meant to look like tattoos :P. It's less than 15 years since people were walking around with these fake plastic "henna tattoos" around their necks, wrists and fingers and a stick on bindi to complete the look and I don't want to be reminded of it so soon :lol:

i ordered one of them, too :sherlock: i think they're cute, plus i wasn't old enough for that fad the first time round, i was only like 8. 

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,655 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 6,001 rep

These are gradually appearing on everyone at my uni and I don't get it either! One of my friends showed up at our Tang Soo Do class wearing one and just... why? They're even less acceptable in a martial arts uniform :P

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,610 rep

These are gradually appearing on everyone at my uni and I don't get it either! One of my friends showed up at our Tang Soo Do class wearing one and just... why? They're even less acceptable in a martial arts uniform :P

Woah, what? My instructor wouldn't let you in the room wearing one of them.

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,901 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,608 rep

i ordered one of them, too :sherlock: i think they're cute, plus i wasn't old enough for that fad the first time round, i was only like 8.

The memory of how they were worn and what they were worn with at that time is probably the main thing that makes me dislike them :lol:. I thought the fashion world was meant to wait 20 years to bring back "retro" things.

Haha! At least they wouldn't be an injury hazard like most jewellery I suppose

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 14,011 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,763 rep
Oh my god there is an Asian guy sitting near me eating pizza SO loudly HOLY shit. It's disgusting. Apparently it's a thing in Asian culture to eat loudly because it means the food is good or something but for the love of god.

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,655 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 6,001 rep

Woah, what? My instructor wouldn't let you in the room wearing one of them.

Really? My class is pretty laid back with stuff like that. I did once get told off for "foul language in the dojang" though :P

Oh my god there is an Asian guy sitting near me eating pizza SO loudly HOLY shit. It's disgusting. Apparently it's a thing in Asian culture to eat loudly because it means the food is good or something but for the love of god.

Noisy eaters are the worst. One of my flatmates is really bad, I've never heard anyone slurp and gulp so much. Vile. She thinks she's better than me because she's from the south but at least we have better manners where I come from...

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 14,011 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,763 rep

Really? My class is pretty laid back with stuff like that. I did once get told off for "foul language in the dojang" though :P

Noisy eaters are the worst. One of my flatmates is really bad, I've never heard anyone slurp and gulp so much. Vile. She thinks she's better than me because she's from the south but at least we have better manners where I come from...

It's awful. It was all I could hear, posting about it was all I could do to try to distract myself!!!!

Two of my cousins are extremely noisy eaters and it's actually kind of gross to watch, to the point where we all kind of avoid having to sit next to them at family dinners. I feel really bad about that because they both have some kind of disability and I'm sure they mean well, but all the same... Dad's stepsister is also really loud and talks while she's eating and spits etc so she's another one we don't like to sit too close to.

If there's enough going on that it can be tuned out it's not so bad but once you hear it it can't be unheard!! It just makes it harder for me to eat because focusing on other peoples' ability to eat while I'm struggling so much just makes me tense right up and it's hard to move on from.

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 13,508 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,815 rep

my ex was a loud eater. even taking bites he'd make this weird groaning noise. like, dude, stop. it was repulsive, i soon had to stop being around him at mealtimes because it was 1) disgusting and 2) embarrassing.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,610 rep

My instructor was pretty strict with things like that, and you simply wouldn't be allowed to start if you had any jewellery on at all. I did once see someone get told off for bad language, but that was his daughter, which was a very awkward situation for everyone else in the class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users