Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

Your Pet Peeves

• Please log in to reply
3929 replies to this topic

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Yorkshire Pudding

• 16,114 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 16,997 rep

Excuse me that is clearly the right way. :mad:

I'm breaking up with you.
  • Mar and Iva like this

Darth Praxus

Darth Praxus
  • Vice Tomnomnom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2012
  • 4,616 rep

I'm breaking up with you.

You're pushing me over the fucking line, Johnstone.

• Not Anyone. likes this

Sauli

Sauli
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 1,353 rep
Excuse me but the "wrong way" is just how it should be done. The other way is just simply wrong and I don't even reckon it is that common here.
  • Emilie., Darth Praxus and Doctor of Pepper like this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Fuckity Bye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,422 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,263 rep

I never understood the toilet paper wars. Either way is fine by me, I'm just thankful that I have it!!! Now, not replacing the toilet paper is a whoooole other issue :mad:

• The Grouch is Tracy and Doctor of Pepper like this

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Hash Slinging Slasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,610 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 4,888 rep

DookieLukie.

• Hayley, colour_me_stupid_, Rosie May and 1 other like this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Fuckity Bye

• 12,422 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,263 rep

plz don't infect this thread with him, thank you.

Darth Praxus

Darth Praxus
  • Vice Tomnomnom

• 3,252 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2012
  • 4,616 rep

DookieLukie.

plz don't infect this thread with him, thank you.

He's the Ebola of GDC. Even when he hasn't infested areas, everyone in those areas is scared that he will. And when he does infest an area, there is lots of hemorrhaging and loss of higher brain functions.

• Rosie May, AlissaGoesRAWR and SaintJimmy13 like this

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean
  • RIP DEMON DEAN. '78-14.

• 8,773 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 1,878 rep

I never understood the toilet paper wars. Either way is fine by me, I'm just thankful that I have it!!! Now, not replacing the toilet paper is a whoooole other issue :mad:

sometimes i go into my bathroom and that happens too! :D  not by me obviously. 

Darth Praxus

Darth Praxus
  • Vice Tomnomnom

• 3,252 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2012
  • 4,616 rep

sometimes i go into my bathroom and that happens too!

This could be taken wonderfully out of context. :ninja:

• Demon!Dean, AlissaGoesRAWR and The Grouch is Tracy like this

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,280 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,063 rep

Under, to me, only works in certain types of dispensers where if you have it over and try to pull it out, the dispenser's plastic gets in the way and as a result, you only end up pulling out one or two pieces, which is just frustrating. Any other time, over is absolutely my preferred method, especially when the roll is uncovered and held in place by a spring-controlled roll. If you're using one of these and you have the roll under, it's easy to have the roll keep spinning, giving you more than you need. So, overall, under is my pet peeve. :lol:

Iva

Iva
  • I was just taking a kind of a...shortcut.

• 6,356 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,827 rep

No toilet paper? 

No problem. Go to 0:34

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean

• 8,773 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 1,878 rep

eh i keep tp stocked and paper towels. 

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,596 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,757 rep
People who say "what?" when you answer them, not because they didn't hear you, but because they don't like what your answer was :rolleyes:
  • WhatserKinx and Iva like this

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,205 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,107 rep

People who say "what?" when you answer them, not because they didn't hear you, but because they don't like what your answer was :rolleyes:

Teachers that do this. And it's always really difficult to tell whether they didn't hear you or if they're giving a chance to change the answer...

Fuzz

Fuzz
  • Professional Cocksmith

• 38,715 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2004
  • 16,014 rep

Biggest pet peeve at work is my co-worker coming to my cubicle to bitch about work or our supervisor. I don't understand how someone can want a job that they feel the need to bitch about. Then I hate myself when I get home because I bitch about her and I feel like i'm kinda doing the same thing. At least I'm not wasting another co-workers time. The whole time I'm thinking to myself "please just go back to your cubicle so I can get back to work".

Advertising

Lone

Lone
  • Blue Terror

• 1,594 posts
  • Joined Aug 01, 2005
  • 971 rep
My biggest pet peeve is when a friend of mine talks about his bitchy coworker. He just keeps going.
  • Fuzz likes this

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,918 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,462 rep

I, also, have a new co-worker that likes to talk about everyone and everything.  Very gossipy.  I really like her, though, just know I need to keep those conversations short.

Fuzz

Fuzz
  • Professional Cocksmith

• 38,715 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2004
  • 16,014 rep

I, also, have a new co-worker that likes to talk about everyone and everything.  Very gossipy.  I really like her, though, just know I need to keep those conversations short.

Yeah, I feel like she doesn't really see it as a big deal. But it's not like we're the only people in that room and cublicles aren't sound proof. I'd hate for someone to hear her bitching and somehow word get to my boss that we're gossiping about him or something. For now I just do my best to cut her short or tell her something like "well, I really gotta get back to work". 

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,918 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,462 rep

Yeah, I feel like she doesn't really see it as a big deal. But it's not like we're the only people in that room and cublicles aren't sound proof. I'd hate for someone to hear her bitching and somehow word get to my boss that we're gossiping about him or something. For now I just do my best to cut her short or tell her something like "well, I really gotta get back to work". 

I'm lucky in that her office is on the other floor of our house so I when I have to go visit her (usually for a p/r question) she just keeps talking and talking.  Luckily I can always say I have to go back upstairs and flee.

The sad part is that upstairs right now is just me.  It's kind of lonely, quiet, and a bit scary.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,280 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,063 rep

I get so uncomfortable with workplace gossip, too. You get in this weird place where you either feel like you have to join in the shit-talking even if you may not agree with that person, or you have to say "Oh, yeah, well I don't mind that person" and then the person talking to you feels weird, and ugh. I don't like the responsibility that can come with knowing certain information or people knowing that you know something, if that makes sense. I usually appreciate that someone feels that I'm trustworthy enough to say certain things to (and I do try to honor that trust, because why would I want to be a gossip, too?), but it's too much pressure, so I just nod quietly and say stuff like "Oh, that sucks, I'm sorry" :lol:

Iva

Iva

• 6,356 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,827 rep

Biggest pet peeve at work is my co-worker coming to my cubicle to bitch about work or our supervisor. I don't understand how someone can want a job that they feel the need to bitch about. Then I hate myself when I get home because I bitch about her and I feel like i'm kinda doing the same thing. At least I'm not wasting another co-workers time. The whole time I'm thinking to myself "please just go back to your cubicle so I can get back to work".

It's a trap. Try to remain neutral, as this person might suddenly change. These types are horrible.

Sauli

Sauli
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 1,353 rep
I don't know. To me it seems bit unfair to make any conclusions of anyone's horribleness based simply on the fact that they talk a lot. Some persons might change but it's a bit cynical to assume it if anything negative hasn't yet happened?
  • AlissaGoesRAWR likes this

Iva

Iva

• 6,356 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,827 rep

I didn't mean horrible as in horrible people, but as in people who might be instrumental in getting you in trouble or out of the company. Maybe they're perfectly normal off work. ;)

Sauli

Sauli
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 1,353 rep

I didn't mean horrible as in horrible people, but as in people who might be instrumental in getting you in trouble or out of the company. Maybe they're perfectly normal off work. ;)

Ah, obviously :lol: I can actually sympathise with that. That's why I prefer to do important projects on my own rather than in a group, especially since I know I'm prone to getting sidetracked
  • Iva likes this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Fuckity Bye

• 12,422 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,263 rep

Work place shit talking :rolleyes:

I dealt with it a lot in my old retail job, and it was always terribly awkward for me because I was on a management track there. None of my co-workers knew it because I refused to gossip about my career plans with them. But yeah, people were always trashing my boss/the store's assistant manager (who is one of my best friends), etc. I would just keep my mouth shut except for a "Hmmmmm," or a neutral, conversation-ending response to any questions about MY thoughts. The upshot was that everyone told me everything and I never told anyone anything, which is the way I like things :happy:

Iva

Iva

• 6,356 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,827 rep

Work place shit talking :rolleyes:

That's the term I was looking for, thanks. :) 

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Fuckity Bye

• 12,422 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,263 rep

That's the term I was looking for, thanks. :)

No problem! And the eyeroll wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the idea of work-place shit talking in general :P

• Iva likes this

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,596 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,757 rep
Trying to have a conversation over text, but getting awful responses. Fuck you so, I'm not bothering my hole anymore.

Demon!Dean

Demon!Dean

• 8,773 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 1,878 rep

even though it was my friend doing this, people who outbid me with 4 seconds to go. -.-

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,205 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,107 rep
People who aren't subtle at all when talking about a "secret" and then get all uppity and defensive when you tell them they're not being at all subtle. :rolleyes:

If I can figure shit out, then anyone can...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users