Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
The results of the Bobo Awards are now available here! Didn't get to vote? Go support our boys by voting for them here. I know we can beat Paramore this time.

Photo

Your Pet Peeves

• Please log in to reply
3888 replies to this topic

Sauli

Sauli
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 1,237 rep
^ Exactly that. It aggravates me greatly too.

Alright I have a new pet peeve. Every time I write something like that and feel too lazy to quote, behold! my post starts a new page :angry:

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,397 rep

I hate the way facebook requires you to be always "on." I thought I was finished doing project work for today, and I've just been messaged there with more stuff I have to do. There is no such thing as office hours anymore. :mad:

• Mar and SaintJimmy13 like this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 695 rep

I hate the way facebook requires you to be always "on." I thought I was finished doing project work for today, and I've just been messaged there with more stuff I have to do. There is no such thing as office hours anymore. :mad:

Welcome to the modern world, where everyone can keep track of everyone and it's so commonplace nobody realises there's a problem.

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,380 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,397 rep

Welcome to the modern world, where everyone can keep track of everyone and it's so commonplace nobody realises there's a problem.

Ikr? And then everyone wonders why we're all so stressed out and unhappy. :rolleyes: 

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 695 rep

Ikr? And then everyone wonders why we're all so stressed out and unhappy. :rolleyes:

Well, the way the world's going, it won't be long until we get soma, and then we can all be happy and content in the caring arms of our glorious leaders in government.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 15,803 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 16,633 rep

Well, the way the world's going, it won't be long until we get soma, and then we can all be happy and content in the caring arms of our glorious leaders in government.

I hear sales of tinfoil are through the roof right now.

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 695 rep

While the world won't be an exact replica of Brave New World, the prevalence of casual government surveillance and doing everything to keep the people content is notable - it's well known they're spying on us, and the government lowering tax on beer and bingo a few months ago is a perfect modernisation of the Roman "panem et circenses" idea, i.e. give the people what they want and they won't rebel when you fuck them over.

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,380 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,397 rep

What is it with you and tin foil hats lately? :P

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 15,803 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 16,633 rep

What is it with you and tin foil hats lately? :P

The fact that Jimmy needs a new one, mainly :P
  • Rosie May and SaintJimmy13 like this

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,380 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,397 rep

They come in children sizes now too: 

Tin-Foil-Hats.jpg

• Hayley, Mar and SaintJimmy13 like this

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Hash Slinging Slasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 4,789 rep

That's why when people ask me what my "shift" is at work, I just laugh in their faces.  :lol:

Facebook is just absolutely terrible though. All it seems like is just a contest to compare your fake life, and "adults" (older people) act like children on it. "My family is cooler than your family!" "Look at my perfect life, significant other, children, grandchildren, selfie, whatever..." I just honestly give zero fucks about what anyone posts. I post maybe 1-2 times every few weeks and if I didn't need it for work I'd honestly delete it.

Unfortunately, because it's so popular, it's a necessary tool for my job.

• Rosie May, Iva and SaintJimmy13 like this

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,380 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,397 rep

^ I avoid it for years without any trouble. Only last year I got roped in because it's the best way to organise projects etc. It's such a constant stress-maker. Surely I should be allowed to stop working for the day at 8 in the evening?  :wacko: Ack!

inthehallwaynow

inthehallwaynow
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2012
  • 5,537 rep

peeves mostly

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • We're Coming Home Again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,260 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,084 rep

^ I avoid it for years without any trouble. Only last year I got roped in because it's the best way to organise projects etc. It's such a constant stress-maker. Surely I should be allowed to stop working for the day at 8 in the evening?  :wacko: Ack!

I just refuse to view or reply to work-related stuff after I go home. If someone asks me why I didn't do anything/whatever, I give them a blank look and say, "Oh, sorry, haven't checked my Facebook yet." They get the message eventually.

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,380 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,397 rep

^That's a good strategy. I generally stay logged out and check my emails for notifications, so I know when it's safe to log in :lol: I got caught today though, had to message loads of people and ended up being asked to do something, which is harder to ignore when they know you've seen it. I hate that "seen by" feature. It's so inconvenient. 

Advertising

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 12,703 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,254 rep

the fact the messenger is now a separate app is so useful, makes ignoring people so much easier. plus on the actual desktop site, i'm permanently offline. so easy to ignore people i don't want to talk to :P 

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,582 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,672 rep

I have a certain time every night after which I just don't open facebook. If I get a notification on my phone I don't check it until after breakfast the next day. My friends know not to expect to talk to me after 8pm :P 

Never had any trouble with uni work on facebook, 'cause I think the people I did group work with had the same rule as I did

• Doctor of Pepper likes this

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,240 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,044 rep

That's why when people ask me what my "shift" is at work, I just laugh in their faces.  :lol:

Facebook is just absolutely terrible though. All it seems like is just a contest to compare your fake life, and "adults" (older people) act like children on it. "My family is cooler than your family!" "Look at my perfect life, significant other, children, grandchildren, selfie, whatever..." I just honestly give zero fucks about what anyone posts. I post maybe 1-2 times every few weeks and if I didn't need it for work I'd honestly delete it.

Unfortunately, because it's so popular, it's a necessary tool for my job.

:mad: Yeah, you still haven't looked at my Minneapolis pictures with all the SpongeBob rides at Nick Universe, WHY HAVEN'T YOU LOOKED AT THEM ARE YOU OK WHY ARE YOU IGNORING US ON FACEBOOK? :P (But really, the rides are super fucking cute) I think your situation with your mom and FB is fucking awful and it would turn me against the site, too! I'm still addicted to checking it all the time, but it's definitely not as fun as it used to be; I almost check it mindlessly now or to kill time on my phone, and like you, I don't post all that often, either; mine serves more as a tool to comment/like others' stuff (and occasionally stalking, but not too often because I'm finding I don't give a fuck about a lot of people these days :lol:

I may have mentioned this one before, but it bugs me when fictional characters that are of a certain age in present day are given names that are currently popular. I was just watching a movie in which the main character had the name "Kaylie," and she was probably 45 years old. Kaylie and its various spellings was nowhere near being a popular name in the '60s and '70s; yeah, the character may name her daughter Kaylie if she were born today or within the last 25 years or so, but that just wasn't a plausible name choice back then.

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Hash Slinging Slasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 4,789 rep

:mad: Yeah, you still haven't looked at my Minneapolis pictures with all the SpongeBob rides at Nick Universe, WHY HAVEN'T YOU LOOKED AT THEM ARE YOU OK WHY ARE YOU IGNORING US ON FACEBOOK? :P (But really, the rides are super fucking cute) I think your situation with your mom and FB is fucking awful and it would turn me against the site, too! I'm still addicted to checking it all the time, but it's definitely not as fun as it used to be; I almost check it mindlessly now or to kill time on my phone, and like you, I don't post all that often, either; mine serves more as a tool to comment/like others' stuff (and occasionally stalking, but not too often because I'm finding I don't give a fuck about a lot of people these days :lol:

I may have mentioned this one before, but it bugs me when fictional characters that are of a certain age in present day are given names that are currently popular. I was just watching a movie in which the main character had the name "Kaylie," and she was probably 45 years old. Kaylie and its various spellings was nowhere near being a popular name in the '60s and '70s; yeah, the character may name her daughter Kaylie if she were born today or within the last 25 years or so, but that just wasn't a plausible name choice back then.

Between my mom (an actual middle-aged woman) and Brandon (who acts like a middle-aged woman) and all our stupid work-related social media posts and the idiotic comments that ensue, I'm just so over it. I've said it before, but if Mark Zuckerberg died a fiery death I wouldn't shed a single tear, or even blink, for that matter. Fucker. Life-ruiner. Ugh.

Also, I've never thought about that before, but it will seriously bug me for the rest of eternity now! That's so strange, and you're right, it happens often! :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users