Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Your Pet Peeves

• Please log in to reply
3254 replies to this topic

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,454 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 5,737 rep

This is a specific one, but film photography nuts who hate digital to the point of being really elitist and writing off all photographers who use it really irritate me. You aren't automatically better than them because you use a traditional method that they could use well if they wanted to, they just choose not to. Open your mind a bit.

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,598 rep

People coughing etc constantly. I know I'm being completely unreasonable, but it drives me insane. Just as well I never got into medical school.

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Psychological Terrorist

• 12,807 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 13,166 rep

I guess I am dull and all but when people write like "sk8" or "4 ever" etc :pinch:

I bet you're a massive Avril Lavigne fan.

It's like when Richey Edwards carved 4REAL into his arm. I always thought he was a fucking pansy for bottling it on "for."

This is a specific one, but film photography nuts who hate digital to the point of being really elitist and writing off all photographers who use it really irritate me. You aren't automatically better than them because you use a traditional method that they could use well if they wanted to, they just choose not to. Open your mind a bit.

It's the same with analog vs digital in music production. Like, if the results are good, who cares?

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Always You, Never A Replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,275 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,942 rep

People who post unattractive half-naked selfies on Facebook. Please stop, ASAP.

• missminority182 likes this

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 13,955 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,376 rep
People who do something wrong to you, and then when they get in shit for it they publicly embarrass/complain about you
  • missminority182, Dirntbag, Doctor of Pepper and 1 other like this

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,886 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,823 rep

Yes, please put up tour dates at 9 a.m. and have tickets go on sale at 10 a.m., thus not allowing for any planning time with others and requiring immediate funds. This is especially great when the dates in question are in small venues and you have to decide between expensive-ass seats or cheap balcony ones, and said cheap balcony ones are in limited numbers and most likely to sell out first.

• The Grouch is Tracy likes this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Always You, Never A Replacement

• 11,275 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 10,942 rep

^^ Ticket buying is such a pain in the ass from start to finish. I usually get so nervous over it that the night before presales I can't even sleep.

missminority182

missminority182
  • You Can't Kill the Me in You

• 8,203 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 1,728 rep

my sister dealt with cancellation of the GD concert, but getting Asking Alexandria tix were a breeze. 

but my pet peeve now would be them rachet posts on FB....  or people commenting on loudwire's FB. they annoy me the most. moreso than the huffingtonpost comments.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 13,955 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,376 rep

People on the bus who sit next to you and then don't move when you need to get off.

I was sitting at the window seat with my friend in the aisle seat. When my friend got off the woman behind us came and sat in her seat (god knows why, she had a seat and there were a billion free ones anyway). So 5 minutes later when I want to get off the woman shifts her legs sideways a bit. I get up, the bus has stopped, everyone's waiting. Her shoulders are too broad and I can't physically fit between her and the seat in front to get out. So I go "excuse me, I can't get out". 

And she goes "oh just move your bag out behind the seat dear, I can't stand up". So I had to climb over this woman's legs to get out while the bus is waiting for me, then lean back and grab my bag.

Like, you were find standing up to jump into my friend's seat 5 minutes ago when the bus was going 60k! What's wrong with standing up now for half a second so I can get out? If you really have so much trouble standing up then you should go sit in the 7 spare disabled seats at the front of the bus.

Hayley

Hayley
  • yolo

• 11,746 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006
  • 689 rep

People on the bus who sit next to you and then don't move when you need to get off.

I was sitting at the window seat with my friend in the aisle seat. When my friend got off the woman behind us came and sat in her seat (god knows why, she had a seat and there were a billion free ones anyway). So 5 minutes later when I want to get off the woman shifts her legs sideways a bit. I get up, the bus has stopped, everyone's waiting. Her shoulders are too broad and I can't physically fit between her and the seat in front to get out. So I go "excuse me, I can't get out". 

And she goes "oh just move your bag out behind the seat dear, I can't stand up". So I had to climb over this woman's legs to get out while the bus is waiting for me, then lean back and grab my bag.

Like, you were find standing up to jump into my friend's seat 5 minutes ago when the bus was going 60k! What's wrong with standing up now for half a second so I can get out? If you really have so much trouble standing up then you should go sit in the 7 spare disabled seats at the front of the bus.

I hate this!!! I always push by them as hard as I can and try and hit them with my bag "accidentally" in spite of them not moving for me  :lol: oops

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time
  • I'm at the bottom of your list of things to do.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,522 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,873 rep

The entire month of August*

Spoiler

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,886 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,823 rep

I hate how DVRs don't give you the option to record a series at a time other than its original airing. I frequently have conflicts 9-11 p.m. Sunday nights, but Showtime reairs their programs two hours later. I could tape them then, but I can't set it up as a series recording because my DVR will only try to tape the 10 p.m. airing, and will just not tape it at all rather than let me say "Yes, record this series, but only at this time." It lets you record a show only on one channel (i.e. I only tape Parks and Recreation when it airs on NBC, not the syndicated episodes), why not at only one time?

Iva

Iva
  • Allay loo ta nuv!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 3,272 rep

The entire month of August*

Spoiler

This is the case here, too...plus two festivals where people get piss-drunk and then literally become dangerous for others. Pffft. Hate Guča, hate Beer Fest. 

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,494 rep

People who don't give you the opportunity to try anything when you're learning something new, and instead complete the task for you so you have no chance of ever getting it correct. 

Also, people who drive really close behind other vehicles on the road.

• musso_kn likes this

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,317 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,595 rep
Groups of guys having a collective mental age of three.
  • Dirntbag, musso_kn, Stacie Anne and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users