Velocity

Your Pet Peeves

Hermione
22 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This goes hand in hand with people who hold a door for you when you're 6 meters away so you have to run when you absolutely don't want to.

Absolutely, a classic pairing. Or when it's way easier for you to open the door than them and let them through first (like if it's a clear door and you're on one side and they're on the other and it opens towards you) but they awkwardly reach to open it and let you through first so they can be the one to do it.

• Like 1

maryjanewhatsername

When a man cat-calls you. :rolleyes: like I'm really just trying to get my emotional eating going and here you are ruining my food-retrieval experience :lol: the "hey baby what that mouth do??" line is getting real old. :lol: some of my best responses are:

"talk shit" 

"eat a lot of fucking food" 

"it tells you to fuck off" 

God I hate cat callers :lol:

Beerjeezus
11 hours ago, Hermione said:

Absolutely, a classic pairing. Or when it's way easier for you to open the door than them and let them through first (like if it's a clear door and you're on one side and they're on the other and it opens towards you) but they awkwardly reach to open it and let you through first so they can be the one to do it.

That's another one for the club. It's so awkward but sometimes I do this for reasons that aren't clear to me haha

8 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

When a man cat-calls you. :rolleyes: like I'm really just trying to get my emotional eating going and here you are ruining my food-retrieval experience :lol: the "hey baby what that mouth do??" line is getting real old. :lol: some of my best responses are:

"talk shit" 

"eat a lot of fucking food" 

"it tells you to fuck off" 

God I hate cat callers :lol:

There's a special place in hell for cat-callers. Hate them! 

• Like 1

Montclare

5. People who stand on the left on the escalator.

4. People who refuse to walk on the right on the sidewalk.

3. People who walk 2 feet behind you but refuse to pass you.

2. People who walk 2-3 abreast and refuse to walk single file to let you pass (usually couples who can't bear to be away from each other for even a second).

1. People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk and plow right into you causing to you have to get on the bus with a bloody chin.

• Like 4

Beerjeezus
3 minutes ago, Montclare said:

5. People who stand on the left on the escalator.

4. People who refuse to walk on the right on the sidewalk.

3. People who walk 2 feet behind you but refuse to pass you.

2. People who walk 2-3 abreast and refuse to walk single file to let you pass (usually couples who can't bear to be away from each other for even a second).

1. People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk and plow right into you causing to you have to get on the bus with a bloody chin.

All of these are infuriating 

• Like 1

lizziebix
9 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Hubby and I are always the side by side couple that moves over for the other sidewalk hogs.  Sometimes we even step on the grass and watch them pass to make a point. But I don’t think they ever get it. 

These people always bug me. 

• Like 2

Beerjeezus

Sidewalk awkwardness: small town edition is when there's not many people so when someone is walking towards you, there's nobody else on the sidewalk, so you see them approaching from a distance and they stare at you for no apparent reason the entire time until you pass each other.

maryjanewhatsername
1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Sidewalk awkwardness: small town edition is when there's not many people so when someone is walking towards you, there's nobody else on the sidewalk, so you see them approaching from a distance and they stare at you for no apparent reason the entire time until you pass each other.

Sidewalk awkwardness in a small town part two: no side walks and walking in the road or on the gravel technically on someone else's property 

• Like 1

RedundantIdiot

When you're trying to look at something in a shop and someone leans across you to grab an item. I was in a card shop yesterday trying to pick a birthday card for someone and I literally had a woman climbing on my back as she leaned across to grab a card. I couldn't move as there were other people alongside me. So rude 😡

• Like 1

kaylubd
1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

When you're trying to look at something in a shop and someone leans across you to grab an item. I was in a card shop yesterday trying to pick a birthday card for someone and I literally had a woman climbing on my back as she leaned across to grab a card. I couldn't move as there were other people alongside me. So rude 😡

Omg I think this is just how people operated in Trader Joe's. My gf and I went to two different ones within the past two weeks. And at each one there were several people who just leaned over us or the cart to grab something instead of saying "excuse me." It's not fucking hard. It's just rude.