Jump to content
Velocity

Your Pet Peeves

Recommended Posts

Hermione
22 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This goes hand in hand with people who hold a door for you when you're 6 meters away so you have to run when you absolutely don't want to.

Absolutely, a classic pairing. Or when it's way easier for you to open the door than them and let them through first (like if it's a clear door and you're on one side and they're on the other and it opens towards you) but they awkwardly reach to open it and let you through first so they can be the one to do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername

When a man cat-calls you. :rolleyes: like I'm really just trying to get my emotional eating going and here you are ruining my food-retrieval experience :lol: the "hey baby what that mouth do??" line is getting real old. :lol: some of my best responses are:

"talk shit" 

"eat a lot of fucking food" 

"it tells you to fuck off" 

God I hate cat callers :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beerjeezus
11 hours ago, Hermione said:

Absolutely, a classic pairing. Or when it's way easier for you to open the door than them and let them through first (like if it's a clear door and you're on one side and they're on the other and it opens towards you) but they awkwardly reach to open it and let you through first so they can be the one to do it.

That's another one for the club. It's so awkward but sometimes I do this for reasons that aren't clear to me haha

8 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

When a man cat-calls you. :rolleyes: like I'm really just trying to get my emotional eating going and here you are ruining my food-retrieval experience :lol: the "hey baby what that mouth do??" line is getting real old. :lol: some of my best responses are:

"talk shit" 

"eat a lot of fucking food" 

"it tells you to fuck off" 

God I hate cat callers :lol:

There's a special place in hell for cat-callers. Hate them! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beerjeezus
3 minutes ago, Montclare said:

5. People who stand on the left on the escalator.

4. People who refuse to walk on the right on the sidewalk.

3. People who walk 2 feet behind you but refuse to pass you.

2. People who walk 2-3 abreast and refuse to walk single file to let you pass (usually couples who can't bear to be away from each other for even a second).

1. People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk and plow right into you causing to you have to get on the bus with a bloody chin.

All of these are infuriating 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lizziebix
9 minutes ago, Montclare said:

 

2. People who walk 2-3 abreast and refuse to walk single file to let you pass (usually couples who can't bear to be away from each other for even a second).

 

Hubby and I are always the side by side couple that moves over for the other sidewalk hogs.  Sometimes we even step on the grass and watch them pass to make a point. But I don’t think they ever get it. 

These people always bug me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beerjeezus

Sidewalk awkwardness: small town edition is when there's not many people so when someone is walking towards you, there's nobody else on the sidewalk, so you see them approaching from a distance and they stare at you for no apparent reason the entire time until you pass each other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Sidewalk awkwardness: small town edition is when there's not many people so when someone is walking towards you, there's nobody else on the sidewalk, so you see them approaching from a distance and they stare at you for no apparent reason the entire time until you pass each other.

Sidewalk awkwardness in a small town part two: no side walks and walking in the road or on the gravel technically on someone else's property 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedundantIdiot

When you're trying to look at something in a shop and someone leans across you to grab an item. I was in a card shop yesterday trying to pick a birthday card for someone and I literally had a woman climbing on my back as she leaned across to grab a card. I couldn't move as there were other people alongside me. So rude 😡

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd
1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

When you're trying to look at something in a shop and someone leans across you to grab an item. I was in a card shop yesterday trying to pick a birthday card for someone and I literally had a woman climbing on my back as she leaned across to grab a card. I couldn't move as there were other people alongside me. So rude 😡

 

Omg I think this is just how people operated in Trader Joe's. My gf and I went to two different ones within the past two weeks. And at each one there were several people who just leaned over us or the cart to grab something instead of saying "excuse me." It's not fucking hard. It's just rude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername

Oregon state drivers Holy fuck. They are in such a rush they are willing to run your ass off the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Libertine Angel

When people grate a block of cheese at an angle so when the next person just wants to cut a damn slice off it either also has to come out at an angle or go through a ton of tiny slivers before making the surface flat again.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Degenerated

Mainly just people that say things certain ways. Usually pronouncing abbreviations phonetically - NES and SNES are my two biggest, they stand for 3 (4) words, NOT one word! (And I feel like people will do it purposely because they know it pisses others off)

Anyway, LA county drivers, holy shit try actually driving 40-50 mph, they all have to be doing 70-90 at all times. Surface streets, not even meaning highways. Oh, and I love that one where, people that will actually slow down when a yellow light comes up, THEY are apparently in the wrong (something to do with the person behind them could possibly rear-end them; well gee motherfucker, MAYBE you shouldn't be riding on someone's ass all the way through fucking town!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd
8 hours ago, Degenerated said:

Mainly just people that say things certain ways. Usually pronouncing abbreviations phonetically - NES and SNES are my two biggest, they stand for 3 (4) words, NOT one word! (And I feel like people will do it purposely because they know it pisses others off)

 

This gets to me too. I can understand why people do it, but still every so often it gets to me. Especially when it's something as simple of NES. Just say N-E-S. It's three letters. You don't need to create a weird pronunciation for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider

Friggin CAPTCHAS - yesterday I tried buying a Struts t-shirt - I gave up - first asked for fire hydrants, then cars, then traffic lights😕

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername

Found a new one - dick heads calling and leaving our store stupid ass voicemails :lol: every store in our company was closed yesterday for the employee picnic at the Waterpark. We had memos for customers posted on doors and windows for 6 weeks prior. SIX WEEKS. My bestie and I were gut laughing at some of the voicemails left on our phone system from yesterday.

"Um, it's 5:23PM, and your doors are locked and no one is here." meaning he was in the parking lot - he could have seen the damn signs saying "Closed for the Employee Picnic."

3 phone calls with no voicemails from this dude and then he leaves us this gem: "ITS 7:36 AND I HAVE CALLED 4 TIMES. HOW CAN SOMEONE ORDER A PIZZA FOR DELIVERY IF NO ONE ANSWERS?? FUCKING RIDICULOUS." dude holy shit it's a pizza :lol: we had a memo about this dude Jesus 

8:45PM: "Um hi can you guys call me back? I want a pizza and none of your stores are answering." lady thank you for not giving us attitude but Holy shit the memo thing again :lol:

It's very exciting working in pizza today :lol: why do people get so bent out of shape over a $19.59 pizza??? Holy fuck :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider
7 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

bent out of shape

had to get a GD reference in there😀

They probs all had the munchies - c'mon give em a break.😕

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
25 minutes ago, The Insider said:

had to get a GD reference in there😀

They probs all had the munchies - c'mon give em a break.😕

Probably not - weed is unfortunately illegal in Idaho :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pouty bitch

I really really really fucking hate it when people act like misanthropes are "just trying to be edgy." Like no, misanthropic beliefs are just as valid as the beliefs of people who stick their fucking tongues right up humanity's arsehole. Some of us do have a genuine hatred for humans, sometimes to such an extent that it can have a massive impact on our lives. So no, misanthropes are NOT "just trying to be edgy" at all, and anyone who thinks so kinda just proves that people are shitty/misanthropy is valid anyway.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd

Two work related pet peeves:

When someone calls asking for someone else. You transfer them and then they call back because the person they were looking for didn't answer. Wtf do you want me to do? It's possible that they went to lunch, the bathroom, anything. This happened at my old job too. Tenants would automatically call back if they got voicemail for their property manager. Have you never heard of leaving a message? I get it, you need to talk to them, but I've already done what I can. I can't just make them appear magically.

And at work we have the dumbest design for a front door. It has these big handles on it and it looks like the door is supposed to be pulled open. People try this all the time and it's no big deal. Even people who work here can't get it right. But, I fucking hate it when people pull and then look at the door like "shit, I've done everything. I'm out of ideas." Try pushing it, please. I know the door looks weird but a door can be pushed open. Even worse I've suggested adding a small "Push" sign and they're not interested in doing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Montclare
8 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Two work related pet peeves:

When someone calls asking for someone else. You transfer them and then they call back because the person they were looking for didn't answer. Wtf do you want me to do? It's possible that they went to lunch, the bathroom, anything. This happened at my old job too. Tenants would automatically call back if they got voicemail for their property manager. Have you never heard of leaving a message? I get it, you need to talk to them, but I've already done what I can. I can't just make them appear magically.

And at work we have the dumbest design for a front door. It has these big handles on it and it looks like the door is supposed to be pulled open. People try this all the time and it's no big deal. Even people who work here can't get it right. But, I fucking hate it when people pull and then look at the door like "shit, I've done everything. I'm out of ideas." Try pushing it, please. I know the door looks weird but a door can be pushed open. Even worse I've suggested adding a small "Push" sign and they're not interested in doing it. 

Both of these are so relatable.  Or when your co-worker doesn't call someone back so the person yells at you about it.  I'm not the one you're mad at, don't yell at me.

Our door is similar.  The number of people who have called us to tell us our door is locked...  Technically, the one door is, but the connecting one isn't.  I put a sign up with an arrow pointing, saying push, but people just don't get it.  If you can't figure out how to open the door, you can't come in.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd
7 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Both of these are so relatable.  Or when your co-worker doesn't call someone back so the person yells at you about it.  I'm not the one you're mad at, don't yell at me.

Our door is similar.  The number of people who have called us to tell us our door is locked...  Technically, the one door is, but the connecting one isn't.  I put a sign up with an arrow pointing, saying push, but people just don't get it.  If you can't figure out how to open the door, you can't come in.

Luckily, no one yells at me here, but at my old job oh man would tenants and others just lay into me. I did my part. If someone didn't call you back that's on them. 

We also have a doorbell for our door and I don't know why we have it because apparently everyone hates it. Sometimes people come up, pull the door, and even though they're looking right at me they'll ring the freaking doorbell. And I'm like....are you kidding? Yes, we just lock ourselves in here. Please go away lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×