Velocity

Your Pet Peeves

AlissaGoesRAWR
33 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Shook? I thought it's "shooketh". :P

It just doesn't make sense to me — the word is literally being used just like "shaken," which is the grammatically correct word that already exists. :huh:

also #getoffmylawn

• Like 1

Moriarty
10 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

It just doesn't make sense to me — the word is literally being used just like "shaken," which is the grammatically correct word that already exists. :huh:

also #getoffmylawn

you don't have a lawn you silly millennial. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Penguin Puffball
Just now, Moriarty said:

This got deep fast :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Beerjeezus
1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

also #getoffmylawn

It indeed doesn't make any sense.

Emilie
7 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Shookington

• Haha 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
7 hours ago, Moriarty said:

/thread :lol: 

WhiteTim
8 hours ago, Moriarty said:

I do so have a lawn a tiny lawn but still a lawn so get off it lol 

Mar
9 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

No, it's "Shookus" :lol: 

Once again, my pet peeve is that I thought of a pet peeve during work that I was going to post about here ... but I've now forgotten it :lol: 

And since I live on a corner, I have two front lawns. Come take them, please, so I have less lawn to cut :lol: 

• Haha 2

badwolf

I think my biggest pet peeve is when people stare at me. It makes me so uncomfortable, and sometimes irritable/angry. 

The Insider

In our local park we have a unknown person not picking up their dogs poo - they are huge - what's pissing me off more is someone is going to the trouble of getting a poop bag & a big stick & marking each spot.  So now the park is littered with black poop bags💩💩💩

pouty bitch

When you ask someone a question and they just flat out ignore you.😤 So fucking rude smh.😒

Trotsky

Just a reminder, snakes are VENOMOUS not poisonous. I don't know why but I get so annoyed when someone uses the words "poisonous snake." 

There is a huge difference between poison and venom. If something is poisonous, you bite into it and it makes you sick. If something is venomous, it bites into you and it makes you sick.

• Like 2

kaylubd

What's up with people saying "hello?" as soon as someone picks up the phone? I don't get it. And they always sound indignant and annoyed. Well shit, maybe if you gave me a minute to greet you, you wouldn't be so aggravated already for no reason.

Sorry, just dealing with super annoying phone calls at work.

pouty bitch

Didn't realise how much this pissed me off until recently, but I hate it when people start a conversation with "how are you?" I know they're just trying to be nice, but 1) they don't give a fuck how you are 2) nobody ever really answers the question anyway, they just say they're fine even when they're not, and 3) it wastes time, so if you're like me and can't hold a conversation for longer than 30 seconds, you're fucked.:lol: I'd rather they just got straight to the point, asked me for whatever they wanted, and then fucked off (meant in the nicest way possible).

I also can't stand it when people say "tell me about yourself." Like, why tf do you assume I have something to tell, I'm literally the 3rd most boring person on the planet?! It really makes me panic because I can't get my head round the fact that someone is showing interest in me, so then it puts me on the spot and I feel pressured to make myself sound interesting, so I just blurt out the first interesting thing that pops into my head, which is usually something totally dumb that couldn't possibly be true, such as "I have a pet dinosaur" or some shit like that smh...

In short, I don't like it when people are nice to me/show interest in me lmao.:lol:

Billie Hoe

The fucking media, man.

Last sunday my federal state had a referendum on whether or not the death penalty should be removed from our constitution. The law was absolutely pointless and so was the vote. Because the law of the federal state is beneath the law of the country, and since the death penalty is outlawed in Germany, there are NO death penalties given out in my federal state, that's something I've known since 8th grade. It's in the constitution, but the law is invalid, it was really just pointlessly taking up space on the paper and it was communicated that way in the official information material every voter received too. So really the question was: "Are you okay with us spending resources to hit the backspace on that shit? Yes or no." Some people voted no because they know it's just a waste of time for both those in charge and the voters. I almost did too, then voted yes because I voted yes on all the other stuff and it. really. didn't. fucking. matter. So whatever right?

So now the results are out and the law is officially getting removed, however some people, and by people I mean people write articles for online newspapers for a living, can't really wrap their minds around how??? some people?? could have possibly voted no?? Wow, apparently in some places people approve of the death penalty? How goddamn strange?? So many people voted in FAVOR of the death penalty?? So curious!! Let's ask our Facebook fans what they think! OH, TURNS OUT THEY'RE ALL HORRIBLE AND STUPID PEOPLE WHO SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO VOTE ON ANYTHING AGAIN. Possibly nazis!

They framed it like the vote was a question of morality and whether you, as a voter, think it's ethically right to have people killed for their crimes, and not as what it actually was: just a vote on whether or not you want a pointless, invalid waste of space law be removed from the constitution or not.

nimj

when your parents leave your door open uggGghhghhH 😕

pouty bitch

When people set off fireworks before/after Firework Night, so instead of Firework Night it's fucking Firework Week. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Hermione
18 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

When people set off fireworks before/after Firework Night, so instead of Firework Night it's fucking Firework Week. :rolleyes:

Very annoying, it scares my cat. And even worse is when people do it on totally random dates throughout the year just because they're having a party or something.

• Like 2

Beerjeezus
28 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Which reminds me it's second anniversary of the great livestream treason!

kaylubd

I really hate it when they set off those huge ones that shake the house and sound like a bomb going off. 

pouty bitch

When you get in a car and the driver turns the engine on/starts to drive before they've put their own seat belt on. So instead of focusing on the road they're trying to put their seat belt on whilst driving, and then they almost crash the damn car. Like, why can't they just put it on before they start driving?!

• Like 2

fukingcounterstrike
10 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

When you get in a car and the driver turns the engine on/starts to drive before they've put their own seat belt on. So instead of focusing on the road they're trying to put their seat belt on whilst driving, and then they almost crash the damn car. Like, why can't they just put it on before they start driving?!

Because you lose valuable seconds that way

Beerjeezus

Oh shit I need to...fasten...the seat belt...*slowly driving into the opposite lane while struggling to not choke themselves on the belt*

Hermione

When people (usually men over a certain age) see you approaching and stop walking in the street/in a shop/in a hallway/on some stairs and stand there acting like they're doing you a favour or being inconvenienced as you walk past them as if there isn't space for two people to pass each other when there's clearly miles of space.

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
6 hours ago, Hermione said:

When people (usually men over a certain age) see you approaching and stop walking in the street/in a shop/in a hallway/on some stairs and stand there acting like they're doing you a favour or being inconvenienced as you walk past them as if there isn't space for two people to pass each other when there's clearly miles of space.

This goes hand in hand with people who hold a door for you when you're 6 meters away so you have to run when you absolutely don't want to.

• Like 3