Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gaming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2336 replies to this topic

Lauren

Lauren
  • no te preocupes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,973 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 3,691 rep

I keep trying to get into Skyrim and I just don't get it  :confused:

I feel like I could really like Skyrim, but it's too complex for me. I'm new to RPGs so I need to be eased in. I think Fable III has been a really good starter for me. It's actually quite easy. 

I can only play Skyrim when Jill is sitting next to me. I feel so dumb because I do everything wrong :lol: 

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Arse Doctor. PhD/Bloodqueef McOral (and Hitler)

• 14,452 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 8,826 rep

I feel like I could really like Skyrim, but it's too complex for me. I'm new to RPGs so I need to be eased in. I think Fable III has been a really good starter for me. It's actually quite easy. 

I can only play Skyrim when Jill is sitting next to me. I feel so dumb because I do everything wrong :lol:

There is no wrong in Skyrim. Damn you, Jill!

It's free roam, it's basically GTA the dragoon timez yo, after the tutorial stages. After that you can do whatever you want. Also you don't have to pick a certain path. You can start as a warrior and be like that for a while, heavy armor, shield and stuff. And later on, you can start learning magic, cause it's never too late. If you're on a high level and start using spells late, it's only gonna increase faster anyway, then it's easy levels.

The game is pretty huge, and intimidating, but it's not like you have to read the over 800 books that's in the game, or get in tough with the lore. Just find a faction like the thieves guild or the assassins guild. Be whatever you want to be, then be something else because the other shit got boring. Collect stuff, enchant stuff, disenchant stuff, make potions, make weapons yourself etc. Or not, you could just do no crafting whatsoever and do odd jobs for cash and buy shit instead.

Skyrim is worth playing no matter how little you know about the elder scrolls games. It's just a big ass world, with cool shit in it to do and no set path.
/rant.

Fuck you, Jill.

Lauren

Lauren
  • no te preocupes

• 14,973 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 3,691 rep

Fuck you, Jill.

omg :lol: 

i know i can do whatever i want, but i'm dumb like i'll go up to everything and take it and shes like "you have no use for that and its just adding weight and it's not worth any money" haha that's what i meant by wrong! like being dumb!

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep

Bioshock Infinite looks fucking sick judging by all the trailers I've watched. 

Sleeper Agent.

Sleeper Agent.
  • Forever Intern

• 4,654 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2011
  • 2,423 rep

There is no wrong in Skyrim. Damn you, Jill!

It's free roam, it's basically GTA the dragoon timez yo, after the tutorial stages. After that you can do whatever you want. Also you don't have to pick a certain path. You can start as a warrior and be like that for a while, heavy armor, shield and stuff. And later on, you can start learning magic, cause it's never too late. If you're on a high level and start using spells late, it's only gonna increase faster anyway, then it's easy levels.

The game is pretty huge, and intimidating, but it's not like you have to read the over 800 books that's in the game, or get in tough with the lore. Just find a faction like the thieves guild or the assassins guild. Be whatever you want to be, then be something else because the other shit got boring. Collect stuff, enchant stuff, disenchant stuff, make potions, make weapons yourself etc. Or not, you could just do no crafting whatsoever and do odd jobs for cash and buy shit instead.

Skyrim is worth playing no matter how little you know about the elder scrolls games. It's just a big ass world, with cool shit in it to do and no set path.
/rant.

Fuck you, Jill.

*Dark Brotherhood :D

Lauren

Lauren
  • no te preocupes

• 14,973 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 3,691 rep
I've had gamefly for 14 months and maybe rented four games. :( why am I still paying for it?!

What should I rent next?? Something for xbox 360. Not a huge RPG type thing. Something more casual and fun that I can beat in a few days. (like toy story mania) in other words, a game good for renting but not worth buying.

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 501 rep

I've had gamefly for 14 months and maybe rented four games. :( why am I still paying for it?!

What should I rent next?? Something for xbox 360. Not a huge RPG type thing. Something more casual and fun that I can beat in a few days. (like toy story mania) in other words, a game good for renting but not worth buying.

Left 4 Dead 2

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,063 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,378 rep

Saints Row 3

ThisIsNotNora

ThisIsNotNora
  • The Lobby Girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts
  • Joined Jul 24, 2010
  • 2,684 rep

Woho, I found all the Ghost Hunters! BEFORE OLA. OMFG THIS NEVER HAPPENS!

But, unfortunately my progression in the story is slow as a handicapped snail. No time for gaming :(

dolce_amore93

dolce_amore93
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Joined Dec 05, 2010
  • 1,227 rep

Skyrim is life, man.  :lol: I don't think I've ever been so addicted to a video game in my life. Its an awesome game, and I find all the work that must've gone into it to be astounding. An enormous map, all sorts of paths in life to take - it really is something special. 

Drop Dead Hideous

Drop Dead Hideous
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • Joined Sep 03, 2010
  • 525 rep

Has anyone here, played Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Tomb Raider, DMC or Crysis 3? Thoughts?

alecandstuff

alecandstuff
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Joined Sep 26, 2012
  • 380 rep

Has anyone here, played Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Tomb Raider, DMC or Crysis 3? Thoughts?

Tomb Raider rocks! I am loving the level design and just the overall presentation of the world, it all looks so gorgeous and all around believable

Drop Dead Hideous

Drop Dead Hideous
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • Joined Sep 03, 2010
  • 525 rep

Tomb Raider rocks! I am loving the level design and just the overall presentation of the world, it all looks so gorgeous and all around believable

best in the series ?

Sarcasm

Sarcasm

• 14,452 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 8,826 rep

best in the series ?

Yes. Ps1 games were good for it's time, but nearly unplayable in these days, even for nostalgia.
ps2 gen ruined the good Tomb Raider name. This one is bloody fantastic.

Black Dynamite

Black Dynamite
  • My pussy be yankin'.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Joined Apr 06, 2011
  • 3,138 rep

Yeah the new Tomb Raider is fantastic!

I'd say Chris Brown enjoys playing it and watching Lara get the shit beaten out of her for 15 hours. It's quite graphic at times, I found it hard to watch what was happening to her at times. But then I realised that she turns into a super soldier halfway through the game and becomes a killing machine. Maybe that will happen to Rihanna too...

Advertising

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep

I absolutely love Tomb Raider as well, what a game it is! First game I've bought in ages (much because I haven't been able to have Xbox Live). It's really amazing and I love the balance between shooting, sneaking and puzzle solving. I'm not that far into the game though, just after the waterfall/rapids/parachute part. To say that it's unpleasant if you die on that part is an understatement.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

• 12,539 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 1,959 rep

Boy's entire house is super into League of Legends lately and they keep telling me to get into it so we can all play but idk if I want to, it seems to take over your life :P

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,063 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,378 rep

I played a bit of DMC and it's actually a good game. Pretty much the action and what not is just like any other Devil May Cry game....just with a different Dante. And his personality is pretty much the same too, except he's more of a brat, but then again he is supposed to be young Dante. I bought the costume pack so I can play with him in the outfit from DMC3. I hate his new design.

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep
I hate how I'm still torn between getting Tomb Raider or waiting for Bioshock Infinite.

ThisIsNotNora

ThisIsNotNora
  • The Lobby Girl

• 4,506 posts
  • Joined Jul 24, 2010
  • 2,684 rep

I will fucking kill whatever made my game quit in the middle of the game... I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT FOR ONCE and it decides to quit!

*playing tomb raider*

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 4,937 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,791 rep

I just caught my first legendary in Platinum yesterday! After about 50 or so minutes Giratina was mine. :P

And on the topic of pokemon has anybody tried that Pokemon MMO? I kind of want to but I feel like I'd be too much of a noob.

gmcloughlin

gmcloughlin
  • Stand Up & Fight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Joined Oct 29, 2008
  • 244 rep

Gave in to temptation and ordered The Sims 3: University Life. Goodbye social life :lol:

kaylubd

kaylubd

• 6,063 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,378 rep

Anybody see this yet?

I'm so fucking stoked!

Lauren

Lauren
  • no te preocupes

• 14,973 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 3,691 rep

I FINALLY FINISHED PORTAL 2!!!

THAT WAS SO INTENSELY SATISFYING!!

BEST GAME EVER

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep

Anybody see this yet?

I'm so fucking stoked!

I can't see shit on my phone :P

Liam

Liam
  • Mentally Deficient Seal

• 8,649 posts
  • Joined Feb 17, 2009
  • 3,052 rep

Any games you would like to talk about, you can over to the Movies, TV, Books & Games forum and either discuss it in its respective thread or make a new one if it doesn't have one.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm

• 14,452 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 8,826 rep
New gaming thread :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users