COMETBUS #54 Green Day In China?!

GDM

So Aaron helping his friends and not fans and Aaron acting as a bodyguard to Billie makes him an asshole? Wow ok...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just still amazed people were legitimately offended by this, but as a writer, I guess I should probably know better...

Actually, does anyone know how to get a hold of this Cometbus guy? I should probably start taking pointers from him. I want people to still get pissed off at the thought of me years after I write something. :P

I'm just still amazed people were legitimately offended by this, but as a writer, I guess I should probably know better...

Actually, does anyone know how to get a hold of this Cometbus guy? I should probably start taking pointers from him. I want people to still get pissed off at the thought of me years after I write something. :P

Just comment on the wisdom of someone's decisions. You'll be reviled for years to come.

"Aaron climbed onstage from stage right I believe, and in his asshole way (he was a bit unpleasant to people that night), pulled his friends (guys) up on the stage and plopped them right in front at the foot of it, yelling at the girls who had camped out there from 7PM to move for his friends."

So he helped his friends on stage and had to yell and get people who were in the way to move? While I've never been to Gilham but I've never been to a quiet venue don't see this is even an issue

Who's Aaron, and can someone please bring me more popcorn? I seem to be fresh out.

Drummer of PHGP and long time friends of Billies

"Aaron climbed onstage from stage right I believe, and in his asshole way (he was a bit unpleasant to people that night), pulled his friends (guys) up on the stage and plopped them right in front at the foot of it, yelling at the girls who had camped out there from 7PM to move for his friends."

So he helped his friends on stage and had to yell and get people who were in the way to move? While I've never been to Gilham but I've never been to a quiet venue don't see this is even an issue

It wasn't so his friends could get on stage, it was so his friends could be at the front of the crowd to watch the show. They were young female fans who'd queued all day to get a good spot to see his band, and he yelled at them to move back so that his friends who had just arrived could take their spot.

It wasn't so his friends could get on stage, it was so his friends could be at the front of the crowd to watch the show. They were young female fans who'd queued all day to get a good spot to see his band, and he yelled at them to move back so that his friends who had just arrived could take their spot.

But still as it was his (or his band) show he can do that maybe it made him perform better to see his friends clearly

Kurt Cobain had it to where he could have his friends sit front row at Unplugged and other shows

But still as it was his (or his band) show he can do that maybe it made him perform better to see his friends clearly

Kurt Cobain had it to where he could have his friends sit front row at Unplugged and other shows

Some young girls who are fans of his band queue all day to see them. They get in the venue and go to the front and excitedly wait there for a couple of hours. The show's about to start.....and he comes and yells at them and they're shoved back so that a row of big guys can be plonked in front of them and they have to watch the show from behind them. Sorry but that's shitty behaviour.

Little reminder people- the ONLY supposed witness to Aaron doing any of this is the same person who dedicates her time to talking shit all over the internet (on every possible social media available) because she was so offended by a few lines in a zine he wrote four years ago! She blogged like crazy at the time talking all kinds of shit about him, harrassed Larry Livermore and even took the time to leave nasty comments on other peoples blogs if they showed support for Aaron. She hasn't even gotten over it yet. Aaron releases a new zine or novel every few months and guess who I saw leaving bizzare nasty comments a few months ago on Instagram? Yeah. Other people were so confused it was funny. Put it this way...we all know someone like this who hates a certain member of Billie's family with a fiery passion and stalks the internet talking shit about them. Hint their name starts with a "B" lol. We all know to just laugh at her shit or ignore it because her obsession is creepy and unhealthy. Well...here we are again. One individual who appears EVERYWHERE talking shit and blatently lying about someone because they simply hate them. Yeah...we should believe THEIR account of events :P She was the only one at Gilman that night too...oh wait haha. Like I said before loads of others posted stuff about being there online and said nothing about seeing ANY of that including Nikki Lee who was in the front row.

Little reminder people- the ONLY supposed witness to Aaron doing any of this is the same person who dedicates her time to talking shit all over the internet (on every possible social media available) because she was so offended by a few lines in a zine he wrote four years ago! She blogged like crazy at the time talking all kinds of shit about him, harrassed Larry Livermore and even took the time to leave nasty comments on other peoples blogs if they showed support for Aaron. She hasn't even gotten over it yet. Aaron releases a new zine or novel every few months and guess who I saw leaving bizzare nasty comments a few months ago on Instagram? Yeah. Other people were so confused it was funny. Put it this way...we all know someone like this who hates a certain member of Billie's family with a fiery passion and stalks the internet talking shit about them. Hint their name starts with a "B" lol. We all know to just laugh at her shit or ignore it because her obsession is creepy and unhealthy. Well...here we are again. One individual who appears EVERYWHERE talking shit and blatently lying about someone because they simply hate them. Yeah...we should believe THEIR account of events :P She was the only one at Gilman that night too...oh wait haha. Like I said before loads of others posted stuff about being there online and said nothing about seeing ANY of that including Nikki Lee who was in the front row.

No need to make it a personal attack thanks. As the writer of a Green Day blog Tanya wrote responses to how Aaron talked about Green Day fans in his zine and what she saw at a show she attended, and expressed her opinion about it and discussed it with other Green Day fans, doesn't seem like a particularly crazy thing to do to me. But in any case people can make up their minds from what was reported without you trying to discredit her character.

Believe whatever you want to believe people. You are all able to read the same stuff I have. Ironic if telling the truth equals "discrediting somebodys character" while they spread lies and hate about somebody else habitually.

Believe whatever you want to believe people. You are all able to read the same stuff I have. Ironic if telling the truth equals "discrediting somebodys character" while they spread lies and hate about somebody else habitually.

Agreed with the bolded part. Which is why there's no need for any more personal attacks in this thread.

Tanya is no Beezey :P also, I wouldn't hold up the person you're holding up as a shining example of sanity when it comes to Green Day..... if it were down to believing her or believing Tanya, I'd believe Tanya any day.

Thanks, I appreciate that, and thanks Hermione, too.

I guess the main question I have is: "why would I bother to lie about it?" I've met Aaron a few times after this, at his bookstore, and a Green Day show and we sorta talked about it, in a roundabout way. But bad behavior is bad behavior, and he's a man, he can take criticism. Goodness knows he dishes it out!

I went back and read this thread to see all of the "crazy" shit I "wrote." Reading it, I remembered that I didn't write a response to Larry until Larry wrote something about it on his blog. And yea, I was pretty livid in my writing, but that has a lot to do with how people treat female fans as much as anything Aaron and Larry wrote.

And AlissaGoesRAWR, you made me laugh and I also think that I should be so happy to have someone angry about my writing. Thanks for putting it in perspective!

Anyway, like I said, all water under the bridge, believe whom you want to believe, it's no skin off my nose.

I met Tanya at American Idiot in NY and she wasn't anything like Beezey :lol: I also don't recall anything posted about Aaron's fan generalizations being that horribly crazy or unpleasant. The thing I remember causing the most offence was Tre and the octopus.

I didn't get a particularly great impression of Aaron from this alone but it's ages since I read it, so I won't say too much about that. Wasn't Billie also offended by some of the things he wrote, though? I never saw the angry tweets he deleted but I remember seeing them posted on here.

It's sort of like how House of Blues let some random GDC staff member in to the Green Day show before the fans who had literally waited for up to 24 hours outside of the venue in the cold!

Or how House of Blues let an ENTIRE BARRIER of "VIP Foundation Room" people (AKA people with money) into the show before dozens of fans who literally camped on the streets in the cold for 24 hours! :P

Shit happens, and just because you're there first doesn't mean you're going to get front row. It's a name game and a money game no matter where you are, and hell, I'd rather the band's friends take my spot than some random people who paid off the venue. I'm not some sort of elitist who thinks the front row is entitled to me.

I guess the main question I have is: "why would I bother to lie about it?".

Because you very strongly dislike him and were never behind the door in expressing your rage at him all over the internet and seemed intent on swaying the views of others to agree with you by posting on their blogs? Whatever. I'm done with this...it's beyond silly. Sensible people use google ;)

I do think that fans who have been hardcore enough to wait for hours and hours in any sort of weather deserve to get what they waited for to be quite honest. Yes, a band's family and friends should get VIP treatment, which should mean they are permitted backstage and allowed to watch the show where they can have a great time and also are protected from the admittedly batshit crazy fans that are out there. But the front row? That should belong to the fans. Without those hardcore people who are willing to scrape together their money and support the band, show after show, album after album, the band would be nothing.

I agreed with you on April 15. On April 16, I learned not to get my hopes up and to lower my overall expectations at Green Day shows. :P

Because you very strongly dislike him and were never behind the door in expressing your rage at him all over the internet and seemed intent on swaying the views of others to agree with you by posting on their blogs? Whatever. I'm done with this...it's beyond silly. Sensible people use google ;)

Haha, oh, that's rich. You must have super powers to know me. I just did a Google search and came up with only posts on Larry's blog that I wrote, under my own name and my blog name, especially when he used my name in his post. It's good that you're done with this. Yay! Finally!

Oh, I fully expect to be screwed, especially at small shows. I just think it's in no way, shape, or form okay or respectful to the fans.

FRONT ROW OR BUST IN KENTUCKY

I do think that fans who have been hardcore enough to wait for hours and hours in any sort of weather deserve to get what they waited for to be quite honest. Yes, a band's family and friends should get VIP treatment, which should mean they are permitted backstage and allowed to watch the show where they can have a great time and also are protected from the admittedly batshit crazy fans that are out there. But the front row? That should belong to the fans. Without those hardcore people who are willing to scrape together their money and support the band, show after show, album after album, the band would be nothing.

I agree. I acknowledge that earning or deserving doesn't equal getting, but I do think fans who go to extremes to get the front row should have priority over VIPs who aren't necessarily huge fans. If they want to be protected the front row isn't even the best place, anyway.

While I don't go to GDM's site I've never seen her posts on here to be anything extreme or hateful or anything

While I don't go to GDM's site I've never seen her posts on here to be anything extreme or hateful or anything

Thank you. I don't write the blog anymore, but I do have a still active Twitter account. And while I try to be level-headed, we all have our moments around here and everywhere at times. I have exploded at people here, but who hasn't? I wouldn't lie about it because there's no point of lying about it. I mean really, what would be the point? Sigh.

Anyway, again, thanks, I appreciate it.

Stirring up drama, of course! That's what GDC is all about :happy:

Ha! True that!

Archived