The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

I think the main thing stopping him is probably that he just doesn't want all the extra hassle of being an official member and doing interviews and photo shoots and all that. Just doesn't seem like he's interested in the limelight. If he contributes to the recording or writing I won't be surprised because they're such good friends and he wrote and recorded on Stop Drop And Roll as well as writing and recording with Billie in Pinhead Gunpowder, so they're well used to working with him in the studio. If he does that it doesn't mean he has to become an official member though. That'll be down to whether he wants to or not. My guess is not.

This has probably already been said but I remember reading a while back that they offered Jason the "fourth member" acknowledgement and he refused. He's obviously not interested in the limelight, what a cool guy.

^Maybe he's changed his mind? I don't know. It really doesn't matter one way or the other to me because he's already a fourth member in my book. :)

^Maybe he's changed his mind? I don't know. It really doesn't matter one way or the other to me because he's already a fourth member in my book. :)

Totally, I don't think it's very likely but if he does change his mind and become an official member I'll be happy. And if he doesn't I'll be happy too. Whatever works for him and the band is fine by me.

Totally, I don't think it's very likely but if he does change his mind and become an official member I'll be happy. And if he doesn't I'll be happy too. Whatever works for him and the band is fine by me.

Same here. I'll be happy with whatever the case is.

Now, I wonder if we'll be getting another video today. Tonight it will have been two days since the last one... :D

You guys are all pretty cool.

I remember when I was younger I disliked Jason playing along with Green Day during shows. It did not make a lot of sense to me and it was weird because his guitar seemed to be on a lower volume and he kind of stood there with minimal light shining on him, he made some mistakes here and there.

Now I think differently about him of course, he's a very nice guy and he does a good job with his contribution to Green Day.

I'm just glad that you guys aren't such assholes as I was back then. Jason deserves to be liked though, therefor deserves the credit on the new album.

You guys are all pretty cool.

I remember when I was younger I disliked Jason playing along with Green Day during shows. It did not make a lot of sense to me and it was weird because his guitar seemed to be on a lower volume and he kind of stood there with minimal light shining on him, he made some mistakes here and there.

Now I think differently about him of course, he's a very nice guy and he does a good job with his contribution to Green Day.

I'm just glad that you guys aren't such assholes as I was back then. Jason deserves to be liked though, therefor deserves the credit on the new album.

I'd like him to become an official member, actually. He's such a good bloke :)

I don't see the point about discussing Jason's part over and over again, because whatever role he plays, it's not like it would make much of a difference.

Just to throw this out there... it's obvious that having another guitar playing around the studio let's Billie hear and conceive of melody.

Has adding Jason White on guitar for the live performances affected the way you record?

Yes. I wouldn't even consider that the way we record is as a three-piece band anymore. I had to break out of the limitations of being in a trio because there are only so many things that you can do with three people - at least for our particular style of music. And as soon as I started thinking about what we could do with other members in the band, it opened up my songwriting a lot. Now I'm able to write for two or even three different guitar parts, and also for piano and sax and things like that.

Does anyone else reload this pages like a thousend times every minute just to see if new stuff is coming? I'm seriously exited about this album.

I suspect the last tour might have convinced him that Green Day would be a great place to hang his hat for the long haul. He's become more than just a touring musician over the years, and the band sounds at their best when he's in the mix with them -- Billie Joe is a very good guitarist, don't get me wrong, but his real strengths are his lyrics and now especially his vocals. Jason ups the ante because I think his talent on the guitar surpasses Billie's. That's not a bad thing at all, and I think it contributes so much to Green Day's synergy -- that is, where the whole band is greater than the sum of any individual part.

If Jason came to realize this on the last tour, and the rest of the guys renewed their offer to him of an official spot on the marquee, it wouldn't surprise me if he accepted this time.

I know I've kept my opinions on this private and haven't posted about it, but why does everyone care whether or not Jason is an official member of not? Why does it matter? I really want to know why it's a big deal to you all. Is it going to change your views on the band? If so, that's ridiculous.

He's a great musician and can be credited for a small amount of Green Day's success ever since the turn of the millennium.

If he's not a credited member of Green Day, then so be it. Great! But if he's not, then so bed it. Great! It really doesn't make a difference. He hasn't hurt Green Day, he's helped them tremendously, as pointed out by Mercury above.

What I wonder is if I can get Jasons face on my wall. I'd like that, even if it is in one of the really cheesy Kerrang! shoots.

I know I've kept my opinions on this private and haven't posted about it, but why does everyone care whether or not Jason is an official member of not? Why does it matter? I really want to know why it's a big deal to you all. Is it going to change your views on the band? If so, that's ridiculous.

I don't think many people are saying anything that would make anybody seem like they're against Jason joining, but I mean why wouldn't everybody care? Most people here really like Green Day, more so than the average fan, so when a long time touring member/friend of the band might be joining, I don't get why people wouldn't be allowed to care and talk and stuff like that. I am thinking that because of his recent appearances in the new studio videos that his presence is a lot more noticeable this time, so saying that he's always been there is invalid; yeah, he's always been there and people are not suddenly saying "Oh my God! Jason who?" and nobody is going to really be that disappointed if he doesn't officially join the band (again, we all already basically see him as the 4th member). Acting like it's something not worth discussing or thinking about doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything I'm just really opinionated at the moment and felt like posting. :happy:

It took them 4-5 years to get 21st Century Breakdown out after American Idiot. The guys have claimed that they wanted to get it out sooner than that but I'm still gonna stay skeptical and assume it'll be 5 more years. Although I see what you are saying. That time interval sounds much more reasonable to me than next year or the year after. Seeing as how the guys like taking extra long breaks from Green Day.

I don't think the guys will take 5 years to put out another record, it just wouldn't be fair to release hint videos of them in the studio, and not release an album until 5 years later.

I don't think many people are saying anything that would make anybody seem like they're against Jason joining, but I mean why wouldn't everybody care? Most people here really like Green Day, more so than the average fan, so when a long time touring member/friend of the band might be joining, I don't get why people wouldn't be allowed to care and talk and stuff like that. I am thinking that because of his recent appearances in the new studio videos that his presence is a lot more noticeable this time, so saying that he's always been there is invalid; yeah, he's always been there and people are not suddenly saying "Oh my God! Jason who?" and nobody is going to really be that disappointed if he doesn't officially join the band (again, we all already basically see him as the 4th member). Acting like it's something not worth discussing or thinking about doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything I'm just really opinionated at the moment and felt like posting. :happy:

This is pretty much how I feel too. I mean I could understand if we were not given any of these studio videos and people were just debating if Jason was going to be made an official member just for the hell of it... that would be kind of useless. But that's not the case. Green Day has been a trio for over 20 years. Sure there's the Big Three, but they're only touring members. Everything that has been recorded by Green Day up until now has been exclusively done so by Billie, Mike and Tre... however it seems that that's about to change. Judging from the 4 videos we have been given so far, it seems that Jason is going to be doing something he hasn't done before: record and most likely write lead guitar parts with Green Day. Whether Green Day is going to make a big announcement out of it or not, it's still going to become a pretty important facet of the band's history. Since Jason is clearly recording with GD this time around, his name is definitely going to be listed on the back of the album along with Billie, Mike and Tre's. In my opinion it doesn't get much more official than that. With any type of change there is bound to be conversation... and that's just what this is: change.

Sorry if anyone's posted this, but...

galbum.png Whiteboard in the background says:

Nuclear Family

Stay the [Night]

Carpe Diem

Let Yourselfk

Fell for You

Crushing/Crashing

Teenage...

Tro...

He...

I'm assuming this is the lineup, and the album is gonna be named nuclear family.

I just wonder, that nobody have started speculating about it there :) thanks for sharing! :)

btw. I'm very curious about, that Rip this Joint would fit the album. I know that there was a discussing that they won't put a cover son on it, but they did it with My Generation and Knowledge too. And if they go back there roots, they can record it as they did a few decades ago...also lot of us think that it would be a rock and roll album...so it just would be perfect. I really love their version of the song :)

I have a question: we don't know yet if it's going to be a conceptual album or not, do we?

if i didn't completely miss anything then nope ;)

...but somehow it doesn't really look like it's going to be a conceptual album to me...

In my opinion I don't think it's going to be a concept album. Almost 8 years of their career have been a bit overshadowed by the principal itself that " 3 snot nosed punks managed to to create grandiose rock operas." And I mean no disrespect to American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown. In my opinion they're two of the most brilliant albums ever to be recorded. I just think that Billie, Mike, and Tre wouldn't want that brilliance to be turned into a gimmick, or for them to end up being known only as "the band that turns out a concept album every few years." American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are amazing in their own right, and i'm sure GD wouldn't want to jeopardize that by making the idea old. Green Day has always been about taking risks and switching things up, which is why I feel the upcoming album is going to be fresh, new, and extremely exciting. Of course the music is still going to contain that signature Green Day sound, but there's no doubt in my mind GD will figure out a way to bring a new energy to that sound, while at the same time taking a fresh new step in their great career. In the words of Billie Joe - "The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore." I guess that explains why Billie looks so damn good.

I hope the concept doesn't overshadow the music. Crossing my fingers for something new and rocked!

From what I've heard of the Tiki Bar recordings, at least one of the songs really sounds Foxboro inspired.

I can't remember it's name, but it had a cool and funky bassline.

In my opinion I don't think it's going to be a concept album. Almost 8 years of their career have been a bit overshadowed by the principal itself that " 3 snot nosed punks managed to to create grandiose rock operas." And I mean no disrespect to American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown. In my opinion they're two of the most brilliant albums ever to be recorded. I just think that Billie, Mike, and Tre wouldn't want that brilliance to be turned into a gimmick, or for them to end up being known only as "the band that turns out a concept album every few years." American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are amazing in their own right, and i'm sure GD wouldn't want to jeopardize that by making the idea old. Green Day has always been about taking risks and switching things up, which is why I feel the upcoming album is going to be fresh, new, and extremely exciting. Of course the music is still going to contain that signature Green Day sound, but there's no doubt in my mind GD will figure out a way to bring a new energy to that sound, while at the same time taking a fresh new step in their great career. In the words of Billie Joe - "The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences to anymore." I guess that explains why Billie looks so damn good.

Yeah exactly. I also think they just did what they wanted with the concept album thing and feel like it is time to do something different and maybe even a bit unpredictable.

Personally, I kind of have the feeling that with their new album they will be stepping back to creating a themed album like they did before AI, only taking that a step further. Hearing Rob say that the new songs will contain so much character and that they will be awesome kind of seems to be a hint that they are maybe not doing a concept album but instead they are making the individual songs stand out as sort of characters to boost the theme of the album to a "fuck yeah!" experience.

But that is what I think.

I hope the concept doesn't overshadow the music. Crossing my fingers for something new and rocked!

From what I've heard of the Tiki Bar recordings, at least one of the songs really sounds Foxboro inspired.

I can't remember it's name, but it had a cool and funky bassline.

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if they had said anything :)

Stray Heart?

i agree with all of you !! ...and i really think that it's NOT going to be a concept album from all we've already heard...the songs they'e played on the secret shows, the setlist which contains some songs from the secret shows and the videos have all shown that it's - at least in my opinion - not going to be a concept album...it all sounds like they're producing something more back to their roots, something more raw, but also new and not completely like their old stuff...that's at least from what i've heard till now ;)

Archived