The Trilogy Albums

Undómiel

Surfing Wikipedia (as you do) and saw this:

In October 2010, Mike Dirnt had an interview with the Radio W, mentioning that they have completed the writing process of the ninth studio album and stating that, "We are always working on songs, when its time and when the music is right we will put it out. I like to think that we have enough material right now to put out a great record, but we want to go back home and make sure that it's perfect for everybody before we put it out."...... Shortly after that interview, there was a live Ustream broadcast with the band, where they announce that they have written 30 songs for the ninth album

How credible/reliable is this?

This isn't referring to the live album either because Mike talked about that specifically later in the interview.

Yep, all that sounds about right. Though i feel like I doubt the writing process is "complete". That seems to be something they're always doing. Like Murder City.

I was gonna say....

Seems a bit ambitious to say its complete but any ideas/hopes on a possible release date?

Hoping for early 2012.... only a year would be cool!!

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this :lol:

Sorry! Not that exciting!!

Based on everything I've heard, I'm gonna guess early or mid 2012. I mean, Billie is doing musical right now, Mike is doing Frustrators stuff, the live album is coming in March. But I would guess they want to have it out a year or two before the 10-year of American Idiot.

Based on everything I've heard, I'm gonna guess early or mid 2012. I mean, Billie is doing musical right now, Mike is doing Frustrators stuff, the live album is coming in March. But I would guess they want to have it out a year or two before the 10-year of American Idiot.

I really hope you're right. And I don't know why, I get the idea they won't wait that long this time to release another record.

I was so happy when this turned up! It does seem about right early-mid 2012...would still love it to be sooner! :happy:

Way to give me a heart attack! :lol:

Early 2012 would be amazing, it sounds really far away but then I realise we're in early 2011 right now.. so its not long at all! As soon as any details start coming is when it gets exciting so if it was the end of 2012 or even early 2013 its still not THAT far away. :banana:

I'm guessing the first half of 2012 as well. A while ago, I thought late '11 would have been optimistic but not impossible, but now there's Awesome as Fuck for 2011, so I'm really hoping for an early 2012 release.

As long as we don't have to wait another 5 years. :) But yeah, I've heard about it, as well. Of course they're always writing and it's good that they've possibly been working on the skeleton of the next album even though the band is having downtime and working on other projects right now.

Hope it comes out soon. But, knowing how they take their time, I think it won't be realeased before early 2012 or, if we're lucky, the last months of 2011.

That is so soon! I was thinking it would take another 3 to 4 years at least, since they're putting so much time into making their records. But 2012 would be so awesome. :woot: Fingers crossed.

I know they're always writing new stuff/making demos and all that. Just the thought about a new album.. wow. Way too soon to think about that, haha.

Early 2012 would be amazing, it sounds really far away but then I realise we're in early 2011 right now.. so its not long at all! As soon as any details start coming is when it gets exciting so if it was the end of 2012 or even early 2013 its still not THAT far away. :banana:

Wow, that's right :o

Surfing Wikipedia (as you do) and saw this:

In October 2010, Mike Dirnt had an interview with the Radio W, mentioning that they have completed the writing process of the ninth studio album and stating that, "We are always working on songs, when its time and when the music is right we will put it out. I like to think that we have enough material right now to put out a great record, but we want to go back home and make sure that it's perfect for everybody before we put it out."...... Shortly after that interview, there was a live Ustream broadcast with the band, where they announce that they have written 30 songs for the ninth album

How credible/reliable is this?

This isn't referring to the live album either because Mike talked about that specifically later in the interview.

Pun. I lol'd.

haha i got waaaaay too excited when i read this, but hearing early 2012 its pretty cool too, even if its repeated news :)

2012 would be great!!! but if they take longer perfecting it, the wait will be worth it!! :runaround:

Yeah as long as it doesn't take till like 2014 or something... because that would be 5 years after 21st CB and thats how long it took after AI #twistedlogic... although having said that, Green Day have been taking a year longer with each album; so by their standards, this one shouldn't be out till 2015. PLEASE NO!

Oh god, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the thread. :lol:

2012 is not that far away...it's just next year. I'd love it if it was out by next year. :woot:

Also, when I was reading the first few pages of the AAF thread, and seeing how long ago we knew something, even before any more details except that there would be a live album, I though it would be nice to have a thread for the ninth studio album, like to keep track of random stuff that may come up from now on :)

2012 seems so far away though. :cry:

It's only a year or so. With the live album and updates, I'm sure it'll go by pretty quickly. Who knows? It could come out sooner or later. We never know; the guys seem to take a liking toward suprises.

Archived