No one is allowed to say that something is "awesome as fuck" anymore

Fuzz

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the phrase Awesome as Fuck, and I'm sure more use of it will be good for the economy somehow.

I'm hoping for Live FoxyHotTubs titled Lush as Drunken Fucktimes!!!

P.S. Lame as Wank and Fabulous as Man-love should be added to this equation.

It's just annoying. It's amazing on the off-chance, and as an album title but when people say it too many times over then it's just not cool anymore.

^ Yeah but you have no idea how much more fun it is saying it knowing people like you will get their knickers in a twist when they read it :dance:

I wouldn't. =/

That was Eileen! And I was the one who bought him the bag of presents, and asked him if he liked his presents!

nice vid :whistle

Guest Honey Emerald

You know.. I really hate that. I cannot say "You too" anymore for fear of the person listening thinking I am talking about the band, U2. I really do not like this new title.

• 1 year later...

Since we heard about the title coming out, I've seen countless people talking about something being "awesome as fuck". I'm already annoyed by it for some reason. I've gone out of my way to make sure I don't use the phrase anymore.

I love when we post anything about "Awesome As Fuck" on GDA or anywhere else, and people think they're being clever saying "that's awesome as fuck". har har. get it? they used the title to describe it. genius! ...

Maybe i'm just grumpy.

Just wanted to get this on the front page for the newcomers to see, 'cause it's so hilarious. :lol:

I am actually a bit mad that "awesome as fuck" was ruined by that title, but it's a good album and I still use it IRL all the time.

Well this thread really is doing a Lazarus.

But yeah, it'd be a damn good rule. Fucking newb fans ruined AAF with their lack of imagination.

Thank you. I cringe everytime I read it. I also cringed when I found out that's what Green Day was calling their live record.

this thread is awesome as fuck quatro

This thread is awesome as f**k to the power of tre dos of uno. :P :P :P

Awesome as Fuck!

Missing You is AWESOME AS FUCK.

Pd: I ate an Orange and.... IT WAS AWESOME AS FUCK.

Family-Guy-Vomit.gif?t=1255191751

I fucking hate every single one of you.

Well this is old.

Thank you. I cringe everytime I read it. I also cringed when I found out that's what Green Day was calling their live record.

Do you know the cool story behind the name though? During the 21st CB tour some fans held up signs that said "thank you" at a show during Good Riddance and Billie noticed. So then someone on here suggested that it would be funny if people held up signs that said "awesome as fuck" instead. People did it at some of the US shows and the band saw the signs and were so amused by them that they tweeted about it......and then named their live album after it! I love it, I think giving the album a name that's a special little joke between them and the fans couldn't be more perfect. Just like how they're happy to have a laugh, not take themselves too seriously, and involve fans on stage when they're on tour - they took the exact same approach to naming the album that documented the tour :happy:

As for people overusing the phrase.....told you it'd die down after people had their fun with it :P

Sorry but it has to be said...this thread is awesome as fuck. Har Har.

And yes the term "newb" absolutely should be abolished...recently a 13 year old (somebody shoot me!) fan called me that during a "debate" over something stupid in some topic...im guessing she was referring to my length of time on the site and not on the earth (as i am 28) or indeed my length of time as a fan as that pre-dates her birth! All in all it is a ridiculous term!

It's almost always negative, entitled and pathetic. What does an old school Green Day fan have over "newb" fans anyway?

Maybe their experiences that any new fan would give anything to have. :) I love it when new people come onboard - I love seeing their passion and their sense of discovery, and it just makes me feel welcoming to them.

Archived