When It's Time

J'net

:wub:

Such a beautiful love song. It makes me wish someone would write a song like that for me. =)

I loved the first videos that we had of it...the one from New York and the one from Paris, I used to watch them all the time.

I do like the recorded version, but it's still better acoustic...

Hearing it live was an incredible moment, everytime I watch the video I'm like :wub::cry::wub:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a beautiful video from Denmark’s Skive festival earlier this year:

My best friend (MyLuckyStars) filmed that video :wub:

God I love that song :wub:

I love this song. Watching Billie start to cry while playing it at Wembley Stadium was the most emotional things I have ever seen. It's beautiful.

yet another amazing song that is so relatable to me and soooooo many others

in terms of songwriting he is surely up there with lennon and mccartney

Such a beautiful song straight from the heart. I marvel at how he can open himself up like that in his lyrics, even when he was so young. A great example of beauty in simplicity.

I loved hearing it live at Wembley, standing on my tiptoes to get a better view. Plus it was funny because some of the people who were singing along around us were like "yeah we know the lyrics of this song" :cool:

This is such a cute, beautiful, small and simple yet strong and full of passion, love song. I love it. Every line of it just beams, radiates love, yet it stays, I would almost say humble. I think it is an absolutely great love song.

I prefer it live, as well. The studio version is a little too polished imo, the emotion comes out better live.

What I thought was kind of, funny, I guess, was that, I don't know when he started doing it, in the line "I figured out I love you", live he only sang "I figured out", the crowd went on to sing "I love you", and then he said "I love you too". It was cute. :happy:

i love this song so much! i also love the way, when Billie sang it in Dublin, the emotion it brought out was inbelievable and a lot of people were reduced to tears. you can get a great insight into Billie's deepest emotions and everything!

so glad its song of the week! :runaround:

What I thought was kind of, funny, I guess, was that, I don't know when he started doing it, in the line "I figured out I love you", live he only sang "I figured out", the crowd went on to sing "I love you", and then he said "I love you too". It was cute. :happy:

That's so sweet! He did the same thing at Wembley but without the "I love you too" part, so it just felt like he'd tricked us by stopping in the middle of a line :lol:

:wub:

I remember I completely fell in love with the acoustic version of this song, after I watched the performance from MSG. I remember that I didn't want a recorded version to be released at all, I was just so afraid that the mixers would just ruin it. I decided to listen to the version from the cast album, and I swear it nearly brought me to tears, in the greatest way possible. I'm still not sure which version I prefer, but I love the song either way. :happy:

Random thing is my memory of singing it at the top of my voice in the pit at Marlay Park - it was a wonderful song to be singing right then, under the nite sky - and this guy ever so politely asking me what album it was from, and me carefully explaining about the musical and the album. That I could have a conversation like that kind of demonstrates how wild and crazy a pit it was - not, lol!!

Oh yes, that pit was insane! :P

I remember I had attempted to catch the end of Billie's speech on my camera, and decided to just keep recording. I wasn't expecting them to play it, and it just caught me off guard. And, for the first time in my life, I cried with happiness. It was so beautiful.

this song is sweet and wonderful. but i think it's a bit weak compared to other gd ballads.

i love it!!!!!! it's just too perfect and makes me feel so stupidly sweet...i'm thinking about dedicating it to my bf

Love this song - was so thrilled when I heard it live at Wembley and Marley, especially along with the "never leaving this band" speech which comes before it.

I was so enthralled I couldn't even sing along.

Love this song - was so thrilled when I heard it live at Wembley and Marley, especially along with the "never leaving this band" speech which comes before it.

I was so enthralled I couldn't even sing along.

Same here! I can't sing along during the acoustic encore. I like just listening and taking it all in.

this song, another perfect love song written by Billie :wub:

it's just beautiful, I wish I could get to listen to it live.

fav lyrics:

All I want is you to understand

That when I take your hand its 'cause I want to

We are all born in a world of doubt

But there's no doubt

I figured out I love you

another song that proves how much he loves Adrienne

It's such a beautiful song. :wub: I fell in love with it immediately when I first heard it.

Hearing it live at Wembley was amazing, that was definitely one of my favourite moments of the whole show.

Ohhhhhh gosh, ok I'm going to open a gate here...

But I never really understood this song until I heard It live.

When It was played at wembley Stadium, I could not stop crying

It was just the most beautiful thing I'd ever heard...

The lyrics are just magic, and when Billie perfroms it you can just tell how he truly means every single word!

I'll never forget the momment When i could see the tears in Billie's eyes, ahhhhh memoriesssssssss!

I could go on much longer.. but I'll leave it at that :P

oooooo P.s

I CANNOT WAIT, to hear M1key's and Matt's Full version,

the little clip was soo good, m1key can really really sing!

I'll I could see were flowers, loones and feilds :P!

Billie Joe wrote this song for Adrienne before they were married

:o

that's a long time ago! now i love this song so much more

I love love love this song. It's just so sweet and honest and vulnerable. And i really love just how many times Billie actually says "I love you" in it. I find myself singing this song alot too.

oh and hearing it live was incredible

Ok this keeps happening to me and it's getting rather creepy :blink:

I was just listening to this today remembering back to the very first time I heard it, such a beautiful song with a beautiful meaning. I love it to bits, always reminds me of the Manchester show in June :wub:

Omg. I just freaking love this sooooong, totally deserved the title <3

I'm soooo happyyyyyyyy!

I had a live version of When It's Time on my iPod for a fair while before the AI cast album came out, and I never really listened to the song, I found it kinda boring to be honest. But after I heard the proper studio version I really got into it and listened to it over and over. I especially love it in the musical, when Johnny's singing to Whatsername and she rolls over, causing him to freak out.

The first time I heard this live was in Manchester 2010.

That show had the roughest pit I'd ever been in - there were unconcious and hurt people being pulled out of the pit, it was really quite scary. I got pushed about 3 or 4 meters from my original Mike corner spot up the runway - something that's never happened to me before or since. But when Billie came out for the acoustic encore, the pit finally settled down enough for me to actually enjoy the show, and when he played this, it was this massive relief, because I didn't have to fight the pushing. Not many people were singing along that I could see, but it was still magical

I don't love this song as much as most, but I do think it's beautiful. It sounds so naive, which I think adds to its charm.

Archived