Green Day Should Release............

hellblazer138

........a boxset of all there albums. It would be cool if the released it on vinyl like the did with their singles awhile back.

I want this boxset so bad!!!!!

do u think their ever release something like that?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? Most fans would already have most/all of their CDs so it would be pointless =/

There are lots of people who already have all their albums or at least the majority of them, so I think it wouldn't be such a good idea. And we still have to consider one point: imagine a person who gets into Green Day and decides to buy their albums. I think it would be better to buy one album or two before getting the whole discography - what if they didn't like the other albums? This is not a bad idea though, maybe something they could do in the end of their career or something (which I really hope it's not in a near future)...

Why? Most fans would already have most/all of their CDs so it would be pointless =/

Boxsets are awesome and I want to buy all of their albums on vinyl at once.

black sabbath put out a box set with all of their albums and most of their fans already have their albums. And sabbaths boxset sold pretty well.

yeah but a- what if you don't like all of it if you haven't got their music already and b- if you have got their music why get it again in one?

i can understand why some people may like it but i doubt there would be enough interest to warrant it being produced

black sabbath put out a box set with all of their albums and most of their fans already have their albums. And sabbaths boxset sold pretty well.

I can't really see the point of buying the albums you already have =/

few fans have their albums on vinyl.

few fans have their albums on vinyl.

they would still have their music and most people nowadays wouldnt have the equipment to play vinyls

as i said, i can see why some people may want it but i dont think it would sell well to the whole fan mass

I think it would've been a great Idea. Cause then, the new fans can get all their album at once, and they wouldn't have to buy one by one, which probably would be more expensive. :sleep:

Black Sabbath were around for about 40 years do, Green Day have been around for about 22. They're also not releasing albums anymore, unlike Green Day. A boxset won't come around for a long time I'd say.

Green day vinyl records are fairly hard to find. I think you can buy them on amazon for about 30 bucks apiece, so it would be pretty pricey to buy them individually with the boxset you could buy them all at once. and i know all the member of green day collect vinyl records so i think its something theyd be interested in. its more for collectors value for their hardcore fans.

Black Sabbath were around for about 40 years do, Green Day have been around for about 22. They're also not releasing albums anymore, unlike Green Day. A boxset won't come around for a long time I'd say.

the sabbath boxset only had 8 albums in it. green day have more albums than that.

I like the idea cause I'm a fail and only own one Green Day CD cause I'm broke so i had to borrow everything (Thank you kingforadaySHOUT) but the thing about it being on vinyl is that it probably wouldnt sell very well as most people dont even seem to buy CDs anymore let alone vinyl :mellow:

Green day vinyl records are fairly hard to find. I think you can buy them on amazon for about 30 bucks apiece, so it would be pretty pricey to buy them individually with the boxset you could buy them all at once. and i know all the member of green day collect vinyl records so i think its something theyd be interested in. its more for collectors value for their hardcore fans.

the sabbath boxset only had 8 albums in it. green day have more albums than that.

Yeah but Sabbath most likely aren't going to release another album, Green Day will. There's not much point in having a boxset with all the albums if in 2-3 years it won't actually have all the albums.

nowadays vinyl takes up room on the shelf, majority of people don't listen to it and green day fans have the CD's (or downloads)

I can see the idea behind it. The Beatles have done it. Their boxset of albums is really good, I should know seeing as I bought it. :P

if it had a load of unreleased or new material, or a book with it or something, that'd be different, but otherwise I just don't see the point...

they would still have their music and most people nowadays wouldnt have the equipment to play vinyls

as i said, i can see why some people may want it but i dont think it would sell well to the whole fan mass

It's a collector's thing. Like singles, for example, singles only have 1-3 songs, but I still get them. It's a rare occasion when I listen to them, but I still get them. Same with vinyl, I have a 21CBD vinyl hanging on my wall. I don't have a record player, but it's pretty badass anyway.

I can see how a box set could be nice for people who collect. I personally do get Green Day albums on vinyl for the collecting purpose. But I don't think a box set is right just yet. They're not finished recording and they still have a big career a head of them. Maybe in the future when they stop recording or release their last album should they do a giant box set with everything, including side projects and solo albums, the musical and whatnot. I don't see the point in updating a box set every few years because a new album comes out.

It's a collector's thing. Like singles, for example, singles only have 1-3 songs, but I still get them. It's a rare occasion when I listen to them, but I still get them. Same with vinyl, I have a 21CBD vinyl hanging on my wall. I don't have a record player, but it's pretty badass anyway.

Yeah but it would only work as limited edition and probably at the end of their career rather than a mass produced item for where they are now music wise. That's just my opinion

i certainly hope so :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

in a nice box, like they did with the beatles with a shitload of extras and bonus stuff, dunno when though... depends when they stop

they would make a lot less money out of a box set. people buys the albums when they buy them so they probably wouldn't end up buying a box set.

HOWEVER

a vinyl box set would be rather amazing :)

Archived