Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

Green Day Should Release............

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

hellblazer138

hellblazer138
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2010
  • 0 rep
........a boxset of all there albums. It would be cool if the released it on vinyl like the did with their singles awhile back.

I want this boxset so bad!!!!!

do u think their ever release something like that?

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,018 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,318 rep
Why?

euphoric-pareidolias

euphoric-pareidolias
  • Abandoned Hope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  • Joined Jun 24, 2010
  • 182 rep
Why? Most fans would already have most/all of their CDs so it would be pointless =/

Stormy Haze

Stormy Haze
  • Dark Side of the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Joined Sep 14, 2010
  • 289 rep
There are lots of people who already have all their albums or at least the majority of them, so I think it wouldn't be such a good idea. And we still have to consider one point: imagine a person who gets into Green Day and decides to buy their albums. I think it would be better to buy one album or two before getting the whole discography - what if they didn't like the other albums? This is not a bad idea though, maybe something they could do in the end of their career or something (which I really hope it's not in a near future)...

hellblazer138

hellblazer138
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2010
  • 0 rep

Why? Most fans would already have most/all of their CDs so it would be pointless http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

Boxsets are awesome and I want to buy all of their albums on vinyl at once.

black sabbath put out a box set with all of their albums and most of their fans already have their albums. And sabbaths boxset sold pretty well.

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • i am groot

• 26,921 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,462 rep
lol that'd be just like the full discography on iTunes
pointless

euphoric-pareidolias

euphoric-pareidolias
  • Abandoned Hope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  • Joined Jun 24, 2010
  • 182 rep

yeah but a- what if you don't like all of it if you haven't got their music already and b- if you have got their music why get it again in one?
i can understand why some people may like it but i doubt there would be enough interest to warrant it being produced

Stormy Haze

Stormy Haze
  • Dark Side of the Moon

• 2,519 posts
  • Joined Sep 14, 2010
  • 289 rep

black sabbath put out a box set with all of their albums and most of their fans already have their albums. And sabbaths boxset sold pretty well.

I can't really see the point of buying the albums you already have =/

hellblazer138

hellblazer138
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2010
  • 0 rep

Why? Most fans would already have most/all of their CDs so it would be pointless http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

few fans have their albums on vinyl.

euphoric-pareidolias

euphoric-pareidolias
  • Abandoned Hope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  • Joined Jun 24, 2010
  • 182 rep

few fans have their albums on vinyl.

they would still have their music and most people nowadays wouldnt have the equipment to play vinyls
as i said, i can see why some people may want it but i dont think it would sell well to the whole fan mass

ThisIsNotNora

ThisIsNotNora
  • I'm very hip and cool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Joined Jul 24, 2010
  • 2,730 rep
I think it would've been a great Idea. Cause then, the new fans can get all their album at once, and they wouldn't have to buy one by one, which probably would be more expensive. :sleep:

Ellenkc

Ellenkc
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,008 posts
  • Joined May 23, 2010
  • 363 rep

Black Sabbath were around for about 40 years do, Green Day have been around for about 22. They're also not releasing albums anymore, unlike Green Day. A boxset won't come around for a long time I'd say.

hellblazer138

hellblazer138
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2010
  • 0 rep
Green day vinyl records are fairly hard to find. I think you can buy them on amazon for about 30 bucks apiece, so it would be pretty pricey to buy them individually with the boxset you could buy them all at once. and i know all the member of green day collect vinyl records so i think its something theyd be interested in. its more for collectors value for their hardcore fans.

Black Sabbath were around for about 40 years do, Green Day have been around for about 22. They're also not releasing albums anymore, unlike Green Day. A boxset won't come around for a long time I'd say.

the sabbath boxset only had 8 albums in it. green day have more albums than that.

Lampostc

Lampostc
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2010
  • 26 rep
I like the idea cause I'm a fail and only own one Green Day CD cause I'm broke so i had to borrow everything (Thank you kingforadaySHOUT) but the thing about it being on vinyl is that it probably wouldnt sell very well as most people dont even seem to buy CDs anymore let alone vinyl :mellow:

Ellenkc

Ellenkc
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,008 posts
  • Joined May 23, 2010
  • 363 rep

Green day vinyl records are fairly hard to find. I think you can buy them on amazon for about 30 bucks apiece, so it would be pretty pricey to buy them individually with the boxset you could buy them all at once. and i know all the member of green day collect vinyl records so i think its something theyd be interested in. its more for collectors value for their hardcore fans.

the sabbath boxset only had 8 albums in it. green day have more albums than that.

Yeah but Sabbath most likely aren't going to release another album, Green Day will. There's not much point in having a boxset with all the albums if in 2-3 years it won't actually have all the albums.

Advertising

gloria123

gloria123
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Joined Nov 15, 2010
  • 447 rep
nowadays vinyl takes up room on the shelf, majority of people don't listen to it and green day fans have the CD's (or downloads)

The Guy called Kill :P

The Guy called Kill :P
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2009
  • 38 rep
I can see the idea behind it. The Beatles have done it. Their boxset of albums is really good, I should know seeing as I bought it. :P

pasalaska

pasalaska
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined May 01, 2006
  • 2,961 rep
if it had a load of unreleased or new material, or a book with it or something, that'd be different, but otherwise I just don't see the point...

Zack.

Zack.
  • #NOIDED

• 3,967 posts
  • Joined Apr 17, 2010
  • 1,922 rep

they would still have their music and most people nowadays wouldnt have the equipment to play vinyls
as i said, i can see why some people may want it but i dont think it would sell well to the whole fan mass

It's a collector's thing. Like singles, for example, singles only have 1-3 songs, but I still get them. It's a rare occasion when I listen to them, but I still get them. Same with vinyl, I have a 21CBD vinyl hanging on my wall. I don't have a record player, but it's pretty badass anyway.

Blood Sam and Booze

Blood Sam and Booze
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Joined Nov 11, 2010
  • 5 rep
They should release a sex tape.... :eyebrow:
  • Avox likes this

Comsie

Comsie
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Joined Jan 28, 2010
  • 29 rep
I can see how a box set could be nice for people who collect. I personally do get Green Day albums on vinyl for the collecting purpose. But I don't think a box set is right just yet. They're not finished recording and they still have a big career a head of them. Maybe in the future when they stop recording or release their last album should they do a giant box set with everything, including side projects and solo albums, the musical and whatnot. I don't see the point in updating a box set every few years because a new album comes out.

euphoric-pareidolias

euphoric-pareidolias
  • Abandoned Hope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  • Joined Jun 24, 2010
  • 182 rep

It's a collector's thing. Like singles, for example, singles only have 1-3 songs, but I still get them. It's a rare occasion when I listen to them, but I still get them. Same with vinyl, I have a 21CBD vinyl hanging on my wall. I don't have a record player, but it's pretty badass anyway.

Yeah but it would only work as limited edition and probably at the end of their career rather than a mass produced item for where they are now music wise. That's just my opinion

Noy

Noy
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2010
  • 137 rep

They should release a sex tape.... http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

lol :D

and yeah there are fans that have all their CDs *i have them all*

CamCam

CamCam
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined Aug 29, 2010
  • 6 rep
i certainly hope so :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

in a nice box, like they did with the beatles with a shitload of extras and bonus stuff, dunno when though... depends when they stop

heyohbilliejoe

heyohbilliejoe
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2010
  • 5 rep
they would make a lot less money out of a box set. people buys the albums when they buy them so they probably wouldn't end up buying a box set.

HOWEVER

a vinyl box set would be rather amazing :)

Ryan GD

Ryan GD
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined May 19, 2010
  • 1 rep
Green Day should release ... a video of me and my brother on stage with them as I can find any on you tube :(

in_your_face

in_your_face
  • jesse pinkman, biatch!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2010
  • 158 rep
it might be sold in millions, but it's pointless. most of 'em have all Green Day albums and footage.

Clockwise

Clockwise
  • Running on fruit snacks!

• 3,000 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2009
  • 736 rep
Vinyl has actually had a reemergence into popularity, so I think it would do fairly well. I already own all GD albums on vinyl, but this would be a really cool thing if they threw in extra stuff.

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,595 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,969 rep

I can't really see the point of buying the albums you already have http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

just for the collection.. I want to buy all their albums in vinyl, and I already have the albums, I also already had them illegally downloaded for a long time xD, and then started buying the actual cds. 'cause I like to have the physical album with booklets and everything, also the vinyl albums have different booklets (well at least some of them)...

Stormy Haze

Stormy Haze
  • Dark Side of the Moon

• 2,519 posts
  • Joined Sep 14, 2010
  • 289 rep

just for the collection.. I want to buy all their albums in vinyl, and I already have the albums, I also already had them illegally downloaded for a long time xD, and then started buying the actual cds. 'cause I like to have the physical album with booklets and everything, also the vinyl albums have different booklets (well at least some of them)...

Well, I guess it depends of each person, but I don't have the money to buy all their albums in vinyl (I mean I have, but I'd rather spend them on merch, tickets, etc.), especially because I already own almost all of their albums. Maybe if I had a vinyl player I'd consider buying them, but buying something that isn't exactly cheap just to have it doesn't make much sense to me. But of course, it's a good idea for people who like to collect things :) But I still think that they should do something like this in the end of their career...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users