kidney

Prima Donna

kidney

yup. Kevin Preston, the Foxboro Hot Tubs guitarist's main band. He fronts the band as the singer and lead guitarist.

quite a fun live band. they've played in my area twice!!! it's rather surprising considering it's this Hollywood band playing in my area of all the places.. not that I'd say I live in a ghetto or anything but it's not exactly too an exciting of a place either. just pretty normal.. pretty suburbish

but yeah it's been at this one bar only like 4-5 blocks away from my house!

as for their they're sound hm.. unlike their image which has abit of an 80s touch..they have this 70s sound to 'em.

I'll just quote this one article that described it "the best damn glampunkrock'n'roll ... Prima Donna goes for that timeless Dolls/Heartbreakers/Mott The Hoople sound and they pull it off perfectly." I've never really heard the aforementioned bands.. so I can't say.

Kevin Preston is also a cool cat. really down to earth guy.

here's a pic of me and him from last nite:

l_a2e1ec3e69a25be732d1ee34723a4108.png

so yeah, check 'em out:

http://www.myspace.com/primadonna

oh and apparently they've been playin' 'em over here on, KROQ's "Rodney On The Roq" radio show too.

924Nimrod

Prima Donna are pretty fuckin good. My friends in a band called Boats! know them.

kidney
Prima Donna are pretty fuckin good. My friends in a band called Boats! know them.

well, the singer knows Green Day!! how ya like 'em apples? lol

924Nimrod

Well I met Billie Joe and Mike Dirnt. And Billie Joe wore my hat on stage and he knew my cousins when he was growing up. In fact, they went to his dad's funeral... So stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!

hardtoconcentrate

I was going to start a topic about them a few days ago, never got round to it!

I really like them! I met Kevin at the Foxboro shows and he's such a nice guy :)

I got their album a few weeks ago, it's really catchy and upbeat. 'Lady Strange' is my favourite.

kidney
Well I met Billie Joe and Mike Dirnt. And Billie Joe wore my hat on stage and he knew my cousins when he was growing up. In fact, they went to his dad's funeral... So stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!

oww. aha but yeah

wow. thtat's soo awesome, dude!!

I was going to start a topic about them a few days ago, never got round to it!

I really like them! I met Kevin at the Foxboro shows and he's such a nice guy :)

I got their album a few weeks ago, it's really catchy and upbeat. 'Lady Strange' is my favourite.

yeah, really.

I really wanted to buy an album but I was pretty broke.. he was even offered to sell it to me cheaper! aha. really nice fellar.

924Nimrod

I will say this too, he does have a pimp-ass shirt. :cool:

kidney

anyone here happen to have any live recordings? I much prefer their live sound to their studio recordings..

L.ü.

I'm going to see them in October on their Europe tour with Green Day... They're pretty good so... yeah, I like them. :)

Kryssi.

I would like to bone them.

I like their music, it gives me sexy thoughts.

crazychic

they are awsome cant wait to see them at the 02 in london :D

Guest Shangri-La

kidney has a man crush on preston

Trina

Their music makes me want to pole dance. :P

Can't wait to see them live. ;D

kidney
kidney has a man crush on preston

Zoe has a crush on DJ Rossstar. :-*

Mrs. Nobody

I don't mind them, they're quite fun (if that's a good word aha)

They're not something I'd listen to, but it's a nice change

tuwlol

The lyrics could be better, but I still love Demoted.

Eirik

I just downloaded the four songs I got from the dropcard. I reaalllly like it. :D

Guest Shangri-La
Zoe has a crush on DJ Rossstar. :-*

eff you! :angry:

Kaddi.
I just downloaded the four songs I got from the dropcard. I reaalllly like it. :D

I also downloaded them. In the beginning, I thought they were kinda lame, because they really kicked ass live and the recorded versions sounded so different. But I got used to it now and I started to really like them, so I bought the album and yeah, it's awesome. :)

I don't understand why so many people don't like them, because I actually think they're great. Soul Stripper is my favorite atm.

Eirik

I need to buy the album, but I have no money, so I'll have to download it for now. :(

Kaddi.
I need to buy the album, but I have no money, so I'll have to download it for now. :(

I downloaded it from amazon. Since I already had 4 songs because of this download card thingy, I only had to download the other songs, so it was about 5€. :)

Sister of Grace

i think they suck. they were so boring. :(

__lolzXx

I saw them last night when they were supporting Green Day, i must admit, they're awesome. really catchy songs, and a good atmosphere.

i met them, and they were really down to earth, they hugged me and i had a nice chat with the keyboard-ist, Aaron.

and they're quite hot.

xx

BuriedInAHole

I was so emberrassed,because as we went out of the Lanxess Arena,there was the singer of Prima Donna, and he stood there with a pencil and paper and waited for giving someone an authograph, but no one was interested and as I ask, what ridiculous person he is, SweetVendetta( who was with me) said, that it was Kevin Preston :lol:

Eirik
I downloaded it from amazon. Since I already had 4 songs because of this download card thingy, I only had to download the other songs, so it was about 5€. :)

Oh, thanks. :)

But I don't have a credit card, soooo. :(