New or old school GD?

alyrebe04

Well, I rather old school GD, but not dislike new... What do you think?????? And I searched....... xD

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer old school, but their new stuff is awesome as well. :) All of the eras are great.

I am in love with ALL of Green Days music. I can find a song to help me out with whatever mood I happen to be in. :)

probably old school, but new isn't all that bad either :)

I'm an extremely bad fan and pretty much like everything after Kerplunk and before 21CB. I actually hate 21CB with all my heart, so I guess I prefer older GD.

Both.

end of story.

personally, i don't think there is a "new" or "old" green day. it's all just green day :)

i pretty much listen to all albums equally, and there is something special about every one of them :)

I'm an extremely bad fan and pretty much like everything after Kerplunk and before 21CB. I actually hate 21CB with all my heart, so I guess I prefer older GD.

really? i adore 21st CB.

what do you not like about it??

really? i adore 21st CB.

what do you not like about it??

I would say everything, but I think that would be going a little too far :lol: I just think it's an extremely over-produced attempt at recreating AI. The storyline in 21CB is extremely vague, almost nonexistent, and I just don't think the writing is nearly as strong. All of the instruments really blend together into one large mass of noise in 21CB too, and I liked that in previous albums you could distinctly hear each instrument. I think that 21CB had a lot of potential, but Green Day tried way too hard and it just couldn't match the quality of their other albums. There are some highlights on the album, but I dislike so much of it that it's just not worth listening to, in my opinion.

Why's this in General chat ?

And I like new Green Day best but I also love old Green Day loads!

I have been a BIG Green Day fan since I 1st heard 39 smooth in June 1991 & even more so when I saw

Green Day live for my 1st time in August 1991 in Tampa. I have been a such an admirer of Green Days music

for almost 20 years now. I love all of their music both old and new and I'm grateful for ever song Green Day

has ever recorded. I guess being the same age as the band members and growing up from the same time era,

I guess I can relate to all of the music. Billie Joe is a genius song writer. He just gets it in a way that no one

else does. They all are punk rock geniuses. Their music has had such great timing in my life. It's what I need

to hear at that time. They so saved me you have no idea. When I 1st saw them. You see only 6 months before I

saw Green Day live for the 1st time. My 3 month old baby boy was murdered & I so didn't know how to cope. All of

the anger frustration & sadness was bottled up inside of me killing me to get out. I was raised to hide my anger and

never say how I'm feeling. I was overloaded with emotions with no understanding of the fact that it was ok to

be angry & tell people to just fuck off. Green Day gave me that. They let me know it was ok to let it all out

and to not give a fuck if anyone liked that side of me. I'm so glad I found them when I did because I don't

know how long I would have survived with all those feelings bottled up inside of me. So, I love the older

Green Day music because it saved me. But I also love new Green Day as well because it also saved me. I

was deployed 3 times in the Army & on my 3rd deployment I was in an IED explosion in Afghanistan

that took away my ability to walk and I am in this damn wheelchair facing the possibility of using my leg.

If it weren't for American Idiot & now 21st Century Breakdown I may not be here today either. I have had

2 major incidents in my life that I survived thanks to Green Day's old and new music so I can't really choose

one above the other. I love all of Green Day, the older, the newer and all their albums in between. I consider

myself very fortunate to have found a band like Green Day. I fear to think how my life might have turned out

or how short my life might have been if it hadn't been for Green Day's music coming into my life. Trust me,

I thank my lucky stars!

any Green Day is good Green Day, every album has been different in some kinda way. But I do like some of their older stuff more than their new stuff.

Q. What era is classified as 'new' Green Day?

I prefer the new vocals, Billie is a much better singer these days. But Insomniac, Nimrod and Dookie will always be the best Green Day to me.

I'm pretty sure there already is a thread for this topic in the Green Day Chat...

Well, anyway, new Green Day is awesome but their old stuff is just insane. I love their live shows in 1994/1995, these were the best they ever played. Good times!

The term "old Green Day" doesn't really make a lot of sense because they're older now than they were 15 years ago... but my favourite Green Day album if DEFINATELY 21st Century Breakdown, so I would have to side with new Green Day

The term "old Green Day" doesn't really make a lot of sense because they're older now than they were 15 years ago...

HA. touché.

i like both rather equally, wherever that line is drawn. but i'm not a huge fan of 21CB, but that can be attributed to the fact that i've only listened to it once or twice.

There's threads like this...

And both, all Green Day is just pure amazing!! Although if I had to choose old school is always the best, Kerplunk is my all time favorite album...

but i'm not a huge fan of 21CB, but that can be attributed to the fact that i've only listened to it once or twice.

By god start listening to it more! When you actually listen to it and give it a good chance you'll find it's an AMAZING album!

I just love Green Day music, no matter wich era.

Ofcourse their are certain songs I like more or less, but i'd never say I like NEW Green Day or OLD Green Day more, you know~

It's all amazing.

I did love younger Billie's vocals, but I can definitely appreciate his voice now too.

Ughh, not another new/old Green Day-convo. I like Green Day as young guys singing about loneliness and masturbation and I like them as almost middle-aged men singing about society and and the fact that we're ruining the world we live in.

Archived