Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New or old school GD?

144 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well, I rather old school GD, but not dislike new... What do you think?????? And I searched....... xD

Posted · Report post

OLD SKOOL PUNX ROK 4 EVA

Posted · Report post

I prefer old school, but their new stuff is awesome as well. :) All of the eras are great.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I am in love with ALL of Green Days music. I can find a song to help me out with whatever mood I happen to be in. :)

Posted · Report post

probably old school, but new isn't all that bad either :)

Posted · Report post

I like both. Next?

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Pretty sure theres a thread for this in Green Day Chat.

Posted · Report post

I'm an extremely bad fan and pretty much like everything after Kerplunk and before 21CB. I actually hate 21CB with all my heart, so I guess I prefer older GD.

Posted · Report post

Both.

end of story.

personally, i don't think there is a "new" or "old" green day. it's all just green day :)

i pretty much listen to all albums equally, and there is something special about every one of them :)

I'm an extremely bad fan and pretty much like everything after Kerplunk and before 21CB. I actually hate 21CB with all my heart, so I guess I prefer older GD.

really? i adore 21st CB.

what do you not like about it??

Posted · Report post

really? i adore 21st CB.

what do you not like about it??

I would say everything, but I think that would be going a little too far :lol: I just think it's an extremely over-produced attempt at recreating AI. The storyline in 21CB is extremely vague, almost nonexistent, and I just don't think the writing is nearly as strong. All of the instruments really blend together into one large mass of noise in 21CB too, and I liked that in previous albums you could distinctly hear each instrument. I think that 21CB had a lot of potential, but Green Day tried way too hard and it just couldn't match the quality of their other albums. There are some highlights on the album, but I dislike so much of it that it's just not worth listening to, in my opinion.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

wrong section, isn't it?

Posted · Report post

Why's this in General chat ?

And I like new Green Day best but I also love old Green Day loads!

Posted · Report post

any Green Day is good Green Day, every album has been different in some kinda way. But I do like some of their older stuff more than their new stuff.

Q. What era is classified as 'new' Green Day?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't care. I love them both.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

old but i like all of their music :P

Posted · Report post

I prefer the new vocals, Billie is a much better singer these days. But Insomniac, Nimrod and Dookie will always be the best Green Day to me.

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure there already is a thread for this topic in the Green Day Chat...

Well, anyway, new Green Day is awesome but their old stuff is just insane. I love their live shows in 1994/1995, these were the best they ever played. Good times!

Posted · Report post

Q. What era is classified as 'new' Green Day?

Erm I always see the new era as American Idiot to 21st Century Breakdown, since there was that gap between AI and Warning when International Superhits and Shenanigans came out :happy: some people might see it different, thought, but that's just me :blush:

I think both eras have their charm, and I love them in different ways.

The classic stuff appeals to me because it's just honest pop punk rock n' roll - I did a review once for English and called Dookie "a thirteen song tantrum of teenage rebellion." You can see the progression and sensitivity in the lyrics whilst still making the music fun and upbeat. I LOVE AI because it's just so raw - in my opinion the lyrics cannot be faulted. 21CB is produced, but I like the fact that for once they've really pushed the boundries studio-wise. They're also really good songs for playing live :)

Posted · Report post

The term "old Green Day" doesn't really make a lot of sense because they're older now than they were 15 years ago... but my favourite Green Day album if DEFINATELY 21st Century Breakdown, so I would have to side with new Green Day

Posted · Report post

A bit of both :thumbsup:

Posted · Report post

The term "old Green Day" doesn't really make a lot of sense because they're older now than they were 15 years ago...

HA. touché.

i like both rather equally, wherever that line is drawn. but i'm not a huge fan of 21CB, but that can be attributed to the fact that i've only listened to it once or twice.

Posted · Report post

There's threads like this...

And both, all Green Day is just pure amazing!! Although if I had to choose old school is always the best, Kerplunk is my all time favorite album...

but i'm not a huge fan of 21CB, but that can be attributed to the fact that i've only listened to it once or twice.

By god start listening to it more! When you actually listen to it and give it a good chance you'll find it's an AMAZING album!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I just love Green Day music, no matter wich era.

Ofcourse their are certain songs I like more or less, but i'd never say I like NEW Green Day or OLD Green Day more, you know~

Posted · Report post

It's all amazing.

I did love younger Billie's vocals, but I can definitely appreciate his voice now too.