Songs that grew on you

Little Girl Little One

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it happened to me too. as i remember it'd been Geek Stink Breath, Castaway, Scumbag, Last Of The American Girls and American Eulogy. i love them all now though

Dookie as a whole, apart from Basket Case, had to grow on me.

First listen I was like =/ but now I really like the album, and absolutely love some of the songs. :) Strange how that happens.

I used to think that Last of The American Girls was a bit meeeeeeh, so I always skipped it, but then I heard it on the radio and was like "wow, its actually great!" so now I love it :) I had it on repeat the whole summer! haha

Insomniac, the whole album. It was really weird, it had always been my least favourite GD album and then suddenly last summer I fell in love with it. Like, bang, and I went from disliking to loving it. I didn't listen to anything else in days (or weeks, dunno), just Insomniac, and I loved every song of it :D

Restless Heart Syndrome is one that stands out for me, and Watsername - it's not that I didnt like it, it's that I didnt really realise how amazing it was, after the epicness of Homecoming I kinda forgot about it.

When I bought AI in 2004 I didn’t like Give me Novacaine, which isn’t the case anymore. And pretty much all of 1039 smoothed out. Now Dry Ice is one of my favourite song by them!

I've got a few songs I've kinda lost interest in, like Are We The Waiting and Macy's Day Parade. I find them kinda boring now.

When I bought AI in 2004 I didn’t like Give me Novacaine, which isn’t the case anymore.

Same here, and now it's one of my favorite off American Idiot.

On other albums, Sassafras Roots and Stuart and the Ave. (now my favorite Dookie and Insomniac songs)

Brain Stew. Like wtf, that song is awesome! But yeah, I was young and didn't understand english so well.

it was more like an album that grew on me.

i used to hatehatehate shenanigans.

i listened to it once when i first bought it and immediately skipped past about 6 of the songs without finishing them.

i never bothered to listen to it again for about 3 months.

then i randomly had an urge to listen to it.

i realized i actually liked the songs more than i thought i did the first time around.

i guess it's just one of those albums that needed to be listened to more than once in order to appreciate it.

East Jesus Nowhere and 21st Century Breakdown.

I hated them sooo much when I first heard them. I didn't like the latter till I saw them live :(

The whole of Kerplunk.. at first i was like.. meh =/ but its among my top three of their albums now :P

Lots of songs off Insomniac, like Stuart and the Ave, which is now one of my favorite songs.

Also, Jesus of Suburbia, 21st Century Breakdown, 2000 LYA, and St. Jimmy. :thumbsup:

Last Ride in and 21st century breakdown

I love them both now, though :wub:

i still do not listen to last ride in.

but that's nothing against the song...

i just like lyrics :)

In all honesty, Brain Stew. And now I think "what the hell was wrong with me?!" =/

And Jesus of Suburbia. (Wtf?!) That was back when I had a verrrryyy low attention span. Fortunately, that's no longer the case. Because the majority of what's on my iPod now are long, deep songs. I love Jesus of Suburbia now! One of my favorites!

what a good idea for a thread!

the whole kerplunk: when i first listened to it i thought it sounded soooooo weird and crappy, because i was only used to GDs newer stuff. but now, i ABSOLUTELY love kerplunk and i cant understand how i ever disliked it !

and also with know your enemy: when i heard that song on the radio, i was ofcourse happy because it was green days new single but i really dislike it. now i dont totally love it or anything, but i dont skip it and like to listen to it sometimes ...

I didn't like Last of the American Girls or Hand H when I first got 21cb, now I love both. :D

Dookie took a while to grow on me as well at first it was a bit like :blink: I think it was because I got Dookie and AI on the same day so it was hard to get used to how different they are.

At the beginning I didn't like Extraordinary Girl, but now it's one of my favorite songs of AI.

Same with Christie Road and Sassafras Roots.

The first time I heard Take Back I didn't really like it, but now it's my most played Green Day song on my ipod :lol:

Archived