Songs that grew on you

Little Girl Little One

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christian's Inferno. I used to think that out of all the songs on 21CB, it was the one that sounded the least like a Green Day song, but after watching the performance on the Fox Theatre, I loved it.

Horseshoes and Hand grenades and The Static Age. They were both too songs i couldn't stand when I first heard them but now I love em!

Armatage Shanks and Bab's Uvula Who? Used to think they were just angry noises - now I love them.

For me at first i really didnt like static age but i loved 21 guns. i really dont like 21 guns now and static age rocks:)

409 in your coffeemaker, extraordiinary girl and walking contradiction

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of examples of this situationn...maybe sometimes even more than one per album. but ive learned to love them all

by listening to them a lot. they all grew on me...i guess.

Longview

hitchin' a ride

whatsername

viva la gloria? (little girl)

restless heart syndrome.

misery

brain stew

give me novacaine

east jesus nowhere

there's also:

tired of waiting for you

on the wagon (now, you have no idea how much i love it)

you lied

Horseshoes & Handgrenades, I kinda thought it doesn't sound like Green Day at all (I still think that, actually, but now I actually think it's pretty cool :D)

i appreciate longview so much now more than ever, it describes my life atm perfectly, every single word of it. there was a time when im a bit bored of the song cuz its like overplayed but then one day it came on and i realized that song is my life...

409 in your coffee maker ..

when i fearst heard 39/smooth and kerplunk! , i was like "ohh, these songs all sound the same."

and i didn't listen to every single one close enough.

now, i love love love those records and i cant believe i once thought like that !

i never gave much attention to 409 in your coffeemaker, but at some point, idk, i realized

how much i like that song :happy:

For me,

a lot of songs. I didnt really like Shenanigans. but now it's my 2nd favorite album.

But for songs, i never really liked Holden Caulfield. but now, it's my absolute favorite song. and it made me read Catcher In The Rye.

Which was indeed a GREAT book in my opinion.

and also, probably

Viva La Gloria (Little Girl)

Brat,

Give Me Novacaine,

and Going to Pasalacqua.

before, i thought American Eulogy was alright, but it was only "meh" to me

then i heard it live at the concert and it was AMAZING, now i love it

I used to not really like Good Riddance, because it was the favourite song of a girl I REALLY REALLY hated. I heard it everywhere sung in her little whiny voice, which kind of put me off.

Now I've gone back to it, though, it's such a wonderful song and I love it :wub::wub:

When I first got 21st Century Breakdown I didn't really like it and began to ignore it when my i-pod played it but it grew on me and now I love it. I really didnt like Know your Enemy, still not it's hugest fan but it's acceptable now :lol:

21CB took the longest to grow on me just because it seemed to take the longest to get used to as it was so different to American Idiot

I never really paid much attention to Are We the Waiting before this past summer when my friends would blare it every time we'd go driving, but now it's definitely one of my favorites from AI.

• 2 months later...

Pretty much the pre-Dookie stuff. But I recently got into it ^^ I also wasnt a big fan of Longview. I just didnt understand why everybody liked it so much and the music video just confused me. But now I love it :happy: Oh and Jesus Of Suburbia. At first I hated the long songs with much changes but now I wish there were more than JOS and Homecoming. Same with 21st Century Breakdown. ....Most of the Insomniac stuff....

^ this

When I first heard Kerplunk I only liked 2000 light years away :P now I love the album :wub: and I used to not like Welcome to Paradise, She, and Basket Case when I got Dookie because my mom liked them, and I loved Longview for some reason :D

I didn't like Christian's Inferno at first now I love it :wub:

The musical version of "When It's Time" has grow on me a lot ever since I saw the musical for the first time a couple weeks ago. Before I saw it, I didn't like the song (the musical version) at all. But once I heard it with the show and in its proper context, I've loved it ever since. And it's fun to play on guitar as well

Hearts Collide, I didn't like it when I first heard it but it's grown on me, I really like it now.

Archived