Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

Awesome as Fuck

• Please log in to reply
7444 replies to this topic

Banan

Banan
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Joined Oct 27, 2007
  • 12 rep
I'd love it if they do interviews and stuff like they did in BIAB! And I really hope they pick at least a few seconds from Oslo, but I doubt it :cry: they've probably forgotten they were here already .. But if they pick a lot of old songs, like they did on the US tour, that would be awesome!

TheSaltOfTheEarth

TheSaltOfTheEarth
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2010
  • 224 rep
I hope they also release an AI musical DVD. After it's run on Broadway ends, that is. For all us poor fellows who couldn't make it to New York, I'd love to actually watch the musical, other than some crap quality YouTube videos. I hope that's not wishful thinking :lol:

I'd love more backstage stuff. Some of the backstage stuff on BIAB are my favorite parts.
A lot of stuff should be on there. I'm hoping they decide to put on a lot of the different songs he played for the acoustic encore.

Same here. It's sort of nice to get a bit of a window into their day-to-day life during touring and stuff. And it's funny, too :lol:

Nickofsuburbia

Nickofsuburbia
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 132 rep

Really? But out of those three, Whatsername is the only rare song. What about Prague, where they did Redundant and Words I might Have Ate, or Pulling Teeth and ...I've forgotten what else haha in Mainz. Or Werchter where they did 80 and Before the Lobotomy. and I'm sure there were other awesome acoustics somewhere I didn't go haha.

I'd love them to do a big long montage of amazing acoustic encores http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

I wonder how far back they'll take clips from, like whether or not its just 2010. Because the Melbourne show got a lot of rares for the first time - Macy's Day Parade and Redundant acoustically for example.

oh yea i forgot about Prague! that was sweet
and who can forget the encore where it started rainging during WMUWSE

but before the lobotomy was played consistently in the first leg of the North American tour so idk if thats "rare"

Rage & Love.

Rage & Love.
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2010
  • 62 rep
Nah, it'll definitely be shows only from 21st Century Breakdown tour for sure. Hopefully both 2010, AND 2009 ♥ They will be definitely Wembley and Manchester on there, without a doubt, cos there WERE cameras there:) Plus they are the two most well known shows they've done on 21st Century Breakdown.. All the new songs they've played and will more than likely be playing will be on there, but in with all the 21st Century Breakdown material, they put on the DVD like, all the old stuff they've been playing. Like for example Platypus.. How often do they play that? Almost never, thats how much. But yea, I'm presuming it will be the same release material as Bullet in a Bible, a DVD and CD. S'all good homies. ♥

And also his speech at Manchester was by far the most inspirational thing Billies' ever said. The ''you'll have to wheel me away in a fuckin coffin, I'll tell you that right now.'' speech. :D

jensername

jensername
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Joined Apr 06, 2009
  • 16 rep
This would make me an extremely happy person if they released a live DVD! :happy:

Francois

Francois
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Joined Nov 10, 2006
  • 23 rep
Homecoming, Cigarettes and Valentines, The Judge's Daughter, Paper Lanterns - It would be awesome if these songs were on the DVD. :woot:

Prisca

Prisca
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • Joined Jan 27, 2009
  • 40 rep
i looooooooove their dvds! i hope this really happens! i'm really looking forward for the live CD too.

Zero.

Zero.
  • Antarctic Penguin Ruler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 129 rep
I'm really unsure what its gonna be like, I just hope is happens 'cause I'm freakishly exctied :lol:

pasalaska

pasalaska
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined May 01, 2006
  • 2,961 rep
If there really is gonna be a DVD, I hope I'm in it, even for a little bit :woot:
crowd shots ftw!

The Thespian

The Thespian
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined Oct 06, 2010
  • 4 rep

Homecoming, Cigarettes and Valentines, The Judge's Daughter, Paper Lanterns - It would be awesome if these songs were on the DVD. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

Yes to Paper Lanterns. It would be awesome if it was on the DVD. Gives me another excuse to preorder it (if that's possible). I pre-ordered 21CB before it came out and my parents were not amused. But I got a free giant poster though. :)

°Felipe!

°Felipe!
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Joined Feb 26, 2010
  • 309 rep
Amazing
i hope - Coming Clean :)

bollard_11

bollard_11
  • Disposable Hero

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined Apr 17, 2009
  • 2,983 rep

And also his speech at Manchester was by far the most inspirational thing Billies' ever said. The ''you'll have to wheel me away in a fuckin coffin, I'll tell you that right now.'' speech. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

He did that at all 3 shows I was at :lol:

Radioactive1

Radioactive1
  • Dearly Beloved

• 6,968 posts
  • Joined May 19, 2006
  • 229 rep

And also his speech at Manchester was by far the most inspirational thing Billies' ever said. The ''you'll have to wheel me away in a fuckin coffin, I'll tell you that right now.'' speech. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

I think he did that at all of them. I saw them at Manchester and Wembley and he said exactly the same lol

Leisha-LUNA

Leisha-LUNA
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts
  • Joined Nov 03, 2005
  • 110 rep
He did the coffin speech at all the UK shows.
I found it depressing and creepy.

ParadoxAndPlaid

ParadoxAndPlaid
  • 'cuz Iím frustrated anyway!'

• 3,040 posts
  • Joined Jul 30, 2009
  • 224 rep
I love how they always make things so vague so all the fans just speculate and get anxious. :lol: There is never a "Yes" or "No" with these men!
It's always; "Maybe" , "Possibly", "Most likely", "Who Knows" or "That could happen". Oh Green Day, you guys are so cryptic.

I'm happy about this news though! It'll be cool to see footage from all different places put into one.Hopefully some of the really rare things will be included.

Advertising

bat-chen

bat-chen
  • Best Thing In Town

• 16,893 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2006
  • 4,063 rep

I hope they also release an AI musical DVD. After it's run on Broadway ends, that is. For all us poor fellows who couldn't make it to New York, I'd love to actually watch the musical, other than some crap quality YouTube videos. I hope that's not wishful thinking http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

I would love that too. and I hope the live DVD will come true :)

Francois

Francois
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Joined Nov 10, 2006
  • 23 rep
The main thing that I'm hoping for in the DVD, without going into details, is a lot of songs. About as much as a real Green Day show would have. 30 songs would be in. sane. :o

fadi_7

fadi_7
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,255 posts
  • Joined Jun 13, 2010
  • 47 rep
oh ya can't wait for it I'm so happy about it :)

GDM

GDM
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2009
  • 341 rep
I hope that Jesus of Suburbia from the Holmdel show is on there. Except for the slight feedback that night during he song, it was the best-sounding JOS that I heard all year of the (way-too-many) shows that I went to this year. Together with the crowd, it just sounded fabulous. Everyone got into it so much.

GreeN_DaY_4_EveR

GreeN_DaY_4_EveR
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined May 06, 2009
  • 0 rep
I hope that they will put many old Green Day songs like paper lanterns, one of my lies, F.O.D, sassafras etc. I would like to listen some songs from 21st CB like 21 guns (with the piano part), the Static Age(with his awesome speech at Philadelphia!) and maybe horseshoes and handgrenades(difficult but...). Some songs they played live a few times like stuck with me, american eulogy, christie road, homecoming would be great if they put them :) I believe they will put appearences from Nokia Arena, Webley, Berlin (which is the live on World Stage), Fox Theatre, Lolapalloza, Manchester and Denver, where they played for 1st time Cigarettes and Valentines and Olivia... :blush:

Smbcf

Smbcf
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Joined Oct 31, 2009
  • 9 rep
I just want a DVD, I'll be happy whatever songs we get :D

Smoothed Out

Smoothed Out
  • idjit

• 7,277 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2009
  • 292 rep

At the Ireland concert, it said on the ticket site that it was going to be recorded for a DVD so id say it's pretty definate that there's gonna be one http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

really? they didn't do that for Manchester :dry:
oj that's awesome, I would love to hear more older stuff on it too. It would make it even better that BIAB for me :happy:

ethanzh

ethanzh
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Joined Jul 21, 2010
  • -41 rep
needs june 4th Oslo

Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero
  • ♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• 19,105 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005
  • 1,003 rep
^
:wub:

I want a new live DVD so bad.

Laurawr_xD

Laurawr_xD
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,343 posts
  • Joined Jan 04, 2009
  • 96 rep
I don't care what songs, just as long as Manchester's in it :wub:

Vrock09

Vrock09
  • Atomic Mayhem

• 2,442 posts
  • Joined Oct 18, 2009
  • 157 rep
I'm hoping something from Wembley shows up on the dvd, if they have one. I really hope theres something from the Detroit show that I went to, but I highly doubt it, but a girl can hope :happy:

I'm so excited for this tho!

Laura Rose

Laura Rose
  • Insert something clever here...

• 7,401 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2009
  • 834 rep

I'm hoping something from Wembley shows up on the dvd, if they have one. I really hope theres something from the Detroit show that I went to, but I highly doubt it, but a girl can hope http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/p...

I'm so excited for this tho!

I would love some Detroit in there. At least one song.
I'm just happy they are releasing a live CD/possible DVD though. I wasn't expecting one at all before Billie tweeted about it.

Mari91

Mari91
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Joined Jun 07, 2009
  • 21 rep
hrmm you think maybe cigarettes and valentines will be on it?

it would be great to have a professional live recording!

Isabel

Isabel
  • 'You wouldn't even let me sing my own damn song!'

• 12,309 posts
  • Joined Sep 01, 2005
  • 824 rep
Armatage Shanks in Belfast or the smoking incident would be nice :whistle

I would be surprised if they went back that far though...imagine all the backlog of footage they'd have to go through!?

Francois

Francois
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Joined Nov 10, 2006
  • 23 rep
The big news out of the interview is that Billie says that the band has recorded every show for the upcoming live CD/DVD and that the band has 30 new songs written for their next studio album. :runaround:

I wonder how many songs will be on the DVD and from how many shows?
Fingers crossed for some older and rarer stuff. Pre-Dookie and Dookie songs like Coming Clean or Burnout would be awesome.
Cigarettes and Valentines will be on, I'm sure, because BJ practically announced that the song was gonna be on the "live fucking album".
Perhaps a few covers to? Depending on what.

Excited! Probably only gonna be out in a few months. I hope sooner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users