Awesome as Fuck

Francois

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I noticed that they are calling it Awesome As **** instead of Awesome As F**k which isn't really important but if you look at the album cover on iTunes you will see that it is slightly different by having Fuck written as **** instead of F**k. Oh well, just noticed. :sherlock:

Haha, really? *goes to check*

Oh yeah... why does censoring the letters f and k make a difference? It's not like it's some mystery word now... It's pretty easy to figure out. :P

So wait, if you want to buy the physical CD/DVD to watch on your DVD player, but you also want the bonus songs, you have to buy Awesome As Fuck twice? I don't care about the bonus songs so I haven't been paying attention, but I'm curious is that the case?

We'll have to see what they do when it actually gets released, but for now it looks that way. I wound up doing the same thing when 21CB was released -- bought a deluxe "limited edition" physical copy at Best Buy to get the physical CD and the artwork book, then also bought the digital deluxe ed. through iTunes to get the bonus-track covers. Although I have no regrets at all about that and will probably do the same thing with AAF if I have to, some fans are gonna be pissed if they can't d/l just the bonus tracks. =/

if you look at the itunes page for AAF, it lists all the songs on the CD side. No sign of the videos....

German Amazon has updated the AAF - page.

Release date: March 18th

Price: 17,99 €

I dont know if this is a new "still" or not or not but Green Day's Facebook just posted this pic saying "Awesome as Fuck is now available to preorder on itunes........Tré sure can put on a funny face :P

awesomeasfuck.jpg

Haha, really? *goes to check*

Oh yeah... why does censoring the letters f and k make a difference? It's not like it's some mystery word now... It's pretty easy to figure out. :P

Awesome as Shit

Awesome as Poop

Awesome as Boob

Awesome as Ball

Awesome as Duck

Awesome as Mike

Awesome as Nail

Awesome as Clay

The possibilities are endless :D

We'll have to see what they do when it actually gets released, but for now it looks that way. I wound up doing the same thing when 21CB was released -- bought a deluxe "limited edition" physical copy at Best Buy to get the physical CD and the artwork book, then also bought the digital deluxe ed. through iTunes to get the bonus-track covers. Although I have no regrets at all about that and will probably do the same thing with AAF if I have to, some fans are gonna be pissed if they can't d/l just the bonus tracks. =/

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I got the 21st CB bonus tracks without paying for them :D. I think it's a scam when bands to try to get their fans to buy the same album twice, there's no excuse for it. If they wanna make some extra money then just sell some extra songs separately........trying to sell the whole album again is just greedy and a bit of an insult to fans imo. I'm not desperate to hear the extra tracks anyway as it's just live audio but I expect I'll get them off Youtube or something.

I dont know if this is a new "still" or not or not but Green Day's Facebook just posted this pic saying "Awesome as Fuck is now available to preorder on itunes........Tré sure can put on a funny face :P

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7029/awesomeasfuck.jpg

Amazing :lol:

It looks like he's violently spitting out that spotlight :lol:

and also like he's perched upon a stick. :lol:

Haha he kind of resembles a lighthouse :P

Have any Aussies noticed this on JBHIFI:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/awesome-as-f-k/633233

Notice the release date says 03-02-2011. Im guessing that's day/month/year because thats how we list a date down here. That means it supposedly came out on the 3rd of February. Hmmmm

However, if it does happen to be out now, i havent seen it in stores yet. I went to JBHIFI yesterday and never saw it on shelf

EDIT: They have corrected the release date. It is now the 18th of March. That's still good news; we get it earlier than most countries

Have any Aussies noticed this on JBHIFI:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/awesome-as-f-k/633233

Notice the release date says 03-02-2011. Im guessing that's day/month/year because thats how we list a date down here. That means it supposedly came out on the 3rd of February. Hmmmm

However, if it does happen to be out now, i havent seen it in stores yet. I went to JBHIFI yesterday and never saw it on shelf

It probably means March 2nd, not February 3rd.

It probably means March 2nd, not February 3rd.

Yeah I thought so. That makes sense. If it's true then i'm excited. A few less weeks to wait!

Archived