Awesome as Fuck

Francois

Yeah I finally watched it!! But Billie had a black hair, I was sure he had a blonde hair, weird.... I got s feeling that I miss something :lol:

You didn't miss anything. he had a bloned hair in the C&V video. it's a bonus video I think from the CD.

The DVD is really good but I must admit, that I like BIAB more.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that I only watched it 3 or 4 times and the reason is cause it's nothing special :mellow:

I think they should've add backstage staff like in BIAB, it's boring to watch just the show.

Listening to iViva La Gloria! on it right now. I've said this before, but it's one of the best Live albums I've heard in a long time.

I think they should've add backstage staff like in BIAB, it's boring to watch just the show.

There's no backstage stuff? Well. Kind of glad I didn't rush out to buy it. I'll get it eventually. I just kind of hoped it would be set up like Bullet in a Bible was.

There's no backstage stuff? Well. Kind of glad I didn't rush out to buy it. I'll get it eventually. I just kind of hoped it would be set up like Bullet in a Bible was.

No. Only live. But a great live!

This next song is called, Cigarettes & Valentines, let's GO!

This is my favourite song from Kermplunk, by the way

I just love his little soundbites before the songs :lol:

I watched the DVD earlier, I've decided my favourite song on it is American Eulogy :happy:. And all the rarer songs that you don't see too often. I think that's really the best thing about AAF, getting to watch those rarer songs live. It doesn't give you the full Green Day concert experience though, simply because they cut so many key songs. I get the full Green Day experience from BIAB, the Wembley and O2 DVDs and all the full concerts on youtube instead, and watch AAF more for the individual cool songs and little moments. Would've preferred a full concert but I enjoy it for what it is.

Well of course. :thumbsup:

They are never disappointing

I remember at Wembely last year there was all these mumers and rumours about the show possibly being filmed. Imagine our excitment when we saw a Helicopter fly over us... as someone said above me.. It doesn't feel like a full concert.. would of liked to have seen some sort of back stage stuff after the songs... Bring back that Sam guy director!!, even though he was a cock, he was good at his job damnit.

Don't get me wrong, but I didn't like Awesome as fuck as much as I could =) And it's not because of Green Day, they played great as always, audio part of album is really cool, I isten it every day, but the dvd part... I just don't like the way it was filmed: camera movement, creepy colour effects, transitions. Maybe it's because I work in video industry and that's my opinion as a professional, but BIAB was much more pleasure to watch. Of couse it's not Green Days' fault, I don't even know who's fault it is, maybe the camera guy was drunk durng the concert or something :dry:

Somehow the gods saw fit for me to get one of the signed copies of Awesome as Fuck from Adeline Records!! Just came today and I am in total shock!! :bunny:aafsigned.jpg

That's so awesome! :woot: Totally jealous

Weird thing is I already got my pre-order copy, the signed one was not just a bonus, it's the BEST bonus of all time!!

Weird thing is I already got my pre-order copy, the signed one was not just a bonus, it's the BEST bonus of all time!!

Wait so they sent you two copies? Interesting :sherlock:

That is SOOO cool :D congrats!

• 4 weeks later...

I think now that I think about it, I wish we would have gotten a recording of 'Holiday" from a 2010 sow. I really would have loved it if they included a recording of "Holiday" where Billie Joe sings on the verse "on a monument" like "On a monumehe.. HENT!" or something like that. That would have been great. Also I wish they included Jesus of Suburbia, Last Night on Earth, and basket case. That would've also been great!

• 1 year later...

Damn, this afternoon I was watching AAF and at the end I was all teary.Miss them much? Hell yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived